McDonald's All American Game

on my "gotta see" list for sure...a win for Lady Vols, and,

PS. come on John Currie...reinstate Lady Vols to all female sports teams...guaranteed to win you some support...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
This says it all! Can't wait until I get to see them in real action!

Attachments

• IMG_8102.jpg
    IMG_8102.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 10 people
Reactions: 1 person
Not looking for much in this game. Will be a lot of subbing for the East team but I think Evina will get more playing time. I'll just be looking at how well they shoot and their body control to the rim. I don't expect much defense but I would like to see how well they defend against the dribble.

Reactions: 1 person
"CHICAGO — During Sunday’s practices for the girls’ McDonald’s All-American Game, Riverdale’s (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) Anastasia Hayes and St. Francis’ (Alpharetta, Ga) Kasi Kushkituah teamed up in drills. They couldn’t help but smile as they worked together because their passes were a glimpse into the future."

Read more-
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/four-mc...o-return-tennessee-womens-hoops-to-prominence

If I had to choose the one player out of the four that I want to see play it is Evina Westbrook.

GoLadyVols!

A Kasi Quote!!!!
“When I see them play, they have their ups and downs. There’s a lot of times they’ll be up, but when I play, I like to stay up. And I like to get the first punch,” Kashkituah said. “I want to bring that energy to the team. When we’re down, I want to give that extra kick that will push us back up.”

You Better WORK KASI! What a great attitude she has.:)

GOLadyVols!

Reactions: 3 people
on my "gotta see" list for sure...a win for Lady Vols, and,

PS. come on John Currie...reinstate Lady Vols to all female sports teams...guaranteed to win you some support...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

The soccer and rowing teams have never been the lady vols and why would they want to be saddled with a 1950s name now? I don't think volleyball has been lady vols either. The sooner the diehard women's basketball fans stop obsessing with the past, the better. Then maybe the program can crawl out of the ditch and be relevant again.

Reactions: 4 people
Diamond will probably be watching to see if her future teammates are worth coming back & trying to win a championship with.

The soccer and rowing teams have never been the lady vols and why would they want to be saddled with a 1950s name now? I don't think volleyball has been lady vols either. The sooner the diehard women's basketball fans stop obsessing with the past, the better. Then maybe the program can crawl out of the ditch and be relevant again.

They were all Lady Vols and should be Lady Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Did any of the future LVs do anything in any of the skills comps?

Just looking at the rosters for the Mc AA game.

Observation: we have Four AA playing!
LSU : Farley-Clark
TA&M: Carter
Rest of SEC schools: ZERO

Louisville- two
Texas - Two
Baylor- Two
Stanford- Two
Uconn - Two
USC- *Littleton* and *Clark*

*. Will they stay or transfer?

You are incorrect about a number of things in your statement. One, both the rowing team and the soccer team were Lady Vols. I'm not sure if the rowing team changed until Dave Hart made the move against the Lady Vol moniker, but the soccer team started to slowly change when Angie Kelly left and Hart brought in Brian Pensky. That was an indication of things to come under Hart!

And, Lady Vols wasn't a 50's name to begin with. Pat didn't become the head coach until 1974. Originally, the moniker was Tennessee Women's Basketball. Sometime before Pat took over the moniker for all of the women's teams became the "Volettes". In 1976 Pat made a move to change that moniker and after consultation with the team proposed the adoption of the name "Lady Vols". This was adopted throughout the athletic department and, in fact, the volleyball team was the first to officially use the name since their season started before the basketball team.

One thing that is important here is that the Lady Vol moniker was adopted by the ladies themselves after meeting and discussion and not forced on them by a male administration, like was done by Hart and crew! While I am a proponent of the Lady Vol name, I would be accepting of the change if the teams had been given the opportunity to consider and make the ultimate decision.

And, if as you state at the end of your comment, the name will make the difference in relevance to the program, why hasn't Pensky taken the soccer team to the top of the standings since he and Hart made the first move to eliminate the "outdated" name?

Jim

Reactions: 8 people
How is this keeping us from being relevant??? So ridiculous:cray: to suggest using lady is the cause or even that we are irrelevant.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back