Davis or Deshields

Cb153181

So who is the better player of the two? Davis has won a sec championship and taken her team to the final four in a year?!!

Diamond is still better and would be winning a National Championship if she was on that team with Gray and Wilson.

Reactions: 14 people
So who is the better player of the two? Davis has won a sec championship and taken her team to the final four in a year?!!

When we played them..... you could see in Diamonds eyes and body language that Davis was not going to best her on that day!!! She mentioned the childhood friendship that they had playing with each other .... We all have played with friends and neighbors growing up and the best athlete KNOWS who is better and so does Davis!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Kaela is a pure scorer. She's probably better than Diamond in that sense when she's fully unleashed, but Diamond is the better overall player. Better rebounder, court vision, defender and I think more athleticism.

But Kaela has been really good since Coates was injured.

Reactions: 6 people
Diamond is still better and would be winning a National Championship if she was on that team with Gray and Wilson.

Would South Carolina be an option for Diamond next year? If she graduates in May, couldn't she transfer to South Carolina as a graduate transfer and not have to sit out a year?

The problem I have with Diamond is that she is way ahead of her teammates. (This has been pointed out by announcers some during games). No doubt she is the real thing, but not a real "team" player. If she was, she would pull back just a little to make her "team" better and thereby making those around her better players. A great player does not make for the "best" player. Must mesh with the team, for me that's what makes a great player.

Reactions: 1 person
Would South Carolina be an option for Diamond next year? If she graduates in May, couldn't she transfer to South Carolina as a graduate transfer and not have to sit out a year?

She could this year she has one year eligibility left and she is not going there may the WNBA.

You act like she did all that herself. She's been terrible almost her entire college career. She shoots 37% for her career. 37! And Diamond gets crucified for low shooting percentages. I don't understand why so many people have this obsession with Davis.

Reactions: 6 people
Diamond has been the better player through most of their careers, but in the last month Davis has surpassed her.

A'ja Wilson is still A'ja Wilson, but Davis is the reason they won the SEC and are now back in the Final Four. Reminds me somewhat of Breanna Stewart in the post season her freshman year. It looks like the light bulb has finally gone off and she is a completely different player now...

Reactions: 5 people
You act like she did all that herself. She's been terrible almost her entire college career. She shoots 37% for her career. 37! And Diamond gets crucified for low shooting percentages. I don't understand why so many people have this obsession with Davis.

No she didn't do it by herself, but she has taken over since Coates went out. Diamond to me doesn't have the will to take over, well I haven't seen it in two years.

UH.....maybe cause she has stepped up and been their leading scorer in post season and the small fact that SHE IS PLAYING IN THE FINAL FOUR!

I wish we had both. There was once a time -- seems like eons ago -- when that was a real possibility. But then both young women made surprising decisions that each later regretted. One ended up where she had always dreamed of going, the other is in the Final Four. :ermm:

UH.....maybe cause she has stepped up and been their leading scorer in post season and the small fact that SHE IS PLAYING IN THE FINAL FOUR!

Good for her. If Diamond was on South Carolina she'd be PLAYING IN THE FINAL FOUR too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Why in the world would DD even think about transferring? Stay and lead the LVs to a potential SEC championship or move on to the next level. A graduate transfer offers no benefits.

Reactions: 2 people
The problem I have with Diamond is that she is way ahead of her teammates. (This has been pointed out by announcers some during games). No doubt she is the real thing, but not a real "team" player. If she was, she would pull back just a little to make her "team" better and thereby making those around her better players. A great player does not make for the "best" player. Must mesh with the team, for me that's what makes a great player.

Scaling down doesnt make them better. You bring your teammates to your level. And I actually think she's tried that approach and clearly it didnt work either.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back