AP All-American Team

Jaime and DD would have been on there if they had played to their potential. The inconsistency hurt them-- though Vivians was inconsistent as well. Not even getting an honorable mention should motivate DD to return and be first team next year. She could be POTY if she puts it all together.

Reactions: 1 person
Jaime should had been on one of the list.

She was on a team that loss far too many games. Her team loss in the 2nd rounds of the SEC and NCAA tournaments. Also, all the players on that list are on better winning teams with good coaching. Jaime not so much.

Jaime and DD would have been on there if they had played to their potential. The inconsistency hurt them-- though Vivians was inconsistent as well. Not even getting an honorable mention should motivate DD to return and be first team next year. She could be POTY if she puts it all together.

I honestly thought she'd get there this year. Team performance probably came into play. Take away the bad losses with her same stats, and she probably would have made it.

I honestly thought she'd get there this year. Team performance probably came into play. Take away the bad losses with her same stats, and she probably would have made it.

I'm sure the bad losses and the up-and-down play hurt both DD and Jaime. The media narrative was pretty negative toward the end of the regular season, and they missed the chance to change it in the postseason. I hope DD uses it as motivation to come back and rewrite the narrative. She can still accomplish what she came here to do.

I felt for a large portion of the season that Nared really was the only reason they didn't have 15 or more losses. She fizzled a bit near the end of conference play then played well in a few games but couldn't string them together like she had been doing earlier in the season. Thankfully, they have help on the way and maybe next year Holly & staff will adopt "getting on" players about their bad games irregardless as to whether they win or lose the game or whether they had a good game last week or not. Can't expect them to be consistent when you aren't.

Am I the only one who noticed that Mercedes Russell was on the Honorable Mention list? Or is that not worth at least a mention in a thread discussing the AP All-American list?

Jim

Reactions: 2 people
Am I the only one who noticed that Mercedes Russell was on the Honorable Mention list? Or is that not worth at least a mention in a thread discussing the AP All-American list?

Jim

That's kind of like receiving votes in a rankings poll. It's irrelevant. The list is the list.

Actually, it's like being recognized as one of the top 30 players in the country. And there was discussion of two of our Lady Vols who didn't make the list (even as honorable mention).

Jim

Reactions: 5 people
Actually, it's like being recognized as one of the top 30 players in the country. And there was discussion of two of our Lady Vols who didn't make the list (even as honorable mention).

Jim

That's great. Too bad the AA teams recognize only 15 players. There is a first team, second team and third team. Honorable mention is even more meaningless than a footnote. If you were to look up the historic AA teams, I bet HM isn't even tracked in the archives.

Jim

It's not worth mentioning, Jim.
Too positive.
Only discuss the negatives.
We. Must. Stay. Focused.

CONGRATULATIONS, Cedes!:salute:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back