sweet 16 games

mike099

Is anyone else watching the games tonight? ND having no problem with Ohio State. Washington was leading MS by 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter, but McCowan has taken over the game in the post. The post for Washington is wore out.

That Wash center is a big ole gal! Toward the end she was having trouble getting down the court. i have heard her name a lot, though.

Mccowan with 20 in fourth quarter alone. Too bad she wasn't good enough to be a lady vol....Smdh!

Big improvement from her freshman to sophomore year. How bow dah?

Osahor was a beast in the first 3 quarters, but she was gassed in the 4th quarter. Big girl played the whole game until the mercy pull in the last minute. She wasn't even making it past half court on change of possession as the game wore on. But she had some really nice post moves against the bigger MSU posts in the first half.

Well earned win by MSU tonight. Dillingham gave up 29 points to Plum, but forced her to shot 10-25. That is what a defensive stopper looks like. And she doesn't jump and down waving her arms like a chicken and calling that defense.

Mccowan with 20 in fourth quarter alone. Too bad she wasn't good enough to be a lady vol....Smdh!

Are you sure McCowan would have played at UT with the 2013 Gatorade Player of the Year post we have? Especially with Russell's constant and tireless play on both ends of the court. She never takes a play off. No one gets past her on defense. The quickness Russell displays going down the court, she displays roadrunner speed. I think Holly said it all, "Russell is a point guard in a post body."(Most ignorant statement made by a basket coach, man or woman, since James Naismith hung up those famous peach baskets in 1891.)

In reality, seeing how we have failed at fully developing Russell, how in the world would this coaching staff have been able to develop a raw talent like McCowan? It would have been another waste of potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
McCowan played the post like a big girl is supposed to play it. FEARLESS! I like how she kept her post game simple. Post up by getting good position,catch the ball, turn and shoot. You didn't see all that dribbling, and getting pushed up to the high post ,and trying to put the ball on the floor and make a move to the basket like she was a wing player. Wasn't scared to take risks either by blocking shots. You can tell she was a presence in the paint. She played her position. I enjoyed watching her.

Go Bulldogs!

Reactions: 4 people
Baylor is looking good in the nitecap. Alexis Jones pushes the ball up the court. Wasn't Cox the girl that Tennessee had up until the last minute.

Last edited:
Baylor is looking good in the nitecap. Alexis Jones pushes the ball up the court. Looking at playing time that Cox gets and how deep Baylor is and will be for years, I wonder if Cox regrets not coming to Tennessee. Wasn't Cox the girl that Tennessee had up until the last minute.

That's Tori McCoy, I think.

Cox will be fine at Baylor. She was 6th player of the year in the B12. They graduate 2 posts this year, so she'll be part of a 3-post lineup. She will get a lot of minutes.

Watching Wallace from Baylor, I thought about Middleton from Tennessee. Wallace is not very fast on defense, but she stays in position and keeps the offensive player in front of her.

I like Middleton and hope she works more on defense this off season.

Watching Wallace from Baylor, I thought about Middleton from Tennessee. Wallace is not very fast on defense, but she stays in position and keeps the offensive player in front of her.

I like Middleton and hope she works more on defense this off season.

Wallace is a better athlete and much better overall player. I think she's got much faster reaction time than Alexa. She also is good at anticipating her player's movements and not just relying solely on foot speed.

Alexa has a ways to improve to get to Kristi's level.

Reactions: 1 person
Only if it is Jordan, except Jordan was not really a point, a point has to be a good decision maker. We all know Jordan couldn't make a good decision if her life depended upon it.

Yet Holly insisted on playing Jordan at PG when she had Ariel...

Our guard play is a MESS and has been for years. It is unbelievable that, at a program like ours, we have such mediocre guard play every year. Middleton could be a good spot-up three-point shooter for us, should have been this year. She's got a good stroke but it seemed like her minutes varied quiet a bit and, like everyone, the consistency wasn't there.

Reactions: 2 people
The Washington big Osahor had her legs crushed in an accident and it is pretty amazing she is able to play at all. She is only able to practice a little, and often is riding a stationary bike while the team runs practice. But she led the nation in rebounding and has incredible short area quickness. Not sure she will have a pro career because of her limitations though.
MSU looked pretty good and I think with their size may be able to be competitive with Baylor.

Pulling her offer was probably one of the worst moves by our coaching staff of which there have been many. Imagine her backing up Russell.

Backing up Russell? Russell would be backing her up!
She's come further in her development in two years than Russell has in four. She's been coached up... Russell hasn't.

Our last consistent point guard was bobitt. But even then our offense was horrendous. You would figure an offensive minded assistant coach would be hired. Still trying to figure out what Lockwood brings to the table.

Our last consistent point guard was bobitt. But even then our offense was horrendous. You would figure an offensive minded assistant coach would be hired. Still trying to figure out what Lockwood brings to the table.

Not only Dean but the whole staff! We need a proven shooting and skills coach! Vote for Coach Jumper!

I'm seeing a final four of Baylor, Notre Dame, UConn, and SC. It would be even better if UCLA or Maryland could upset UConn.

Is anyone else watching the games tonight? ND having no problem with Ohio State. Washington was leading MS by 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter, but McCowan has taken over the game in the post. The post for Washington is wore out.

I have been wondering when someone would show this heavy, slow, nonathletic, human bulldozer up for what she is. However she is not alone, many teams have a player like her and will until more like the center for Miss St. start to show up in the game.

VN Store

Back