should Holly try to schedule UConn?

No we certainly don't need to play them until we can beat the teams were playing now. Second he was demanding some kind of apology for his wrong doing a few years ago and that is something he want be getting from Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Good Lord no! Go to the practices, watch and learn. Consistently win, especially against teams like Alabama and Penn State, then think about UConn.

No we certainly don't need the them until we can beat the teams were playing now. Second he was demanding some kind of apology for his wrong doing a few years ago and that is something he want be getting from Tennessee.

Yes, he is not willing to schedule, so why bother? Don't know why the question is brought up in article....

Reactions: 1 person
You know what i would suggest if it is possible.... that Holly visit a practice of theirs or two.... to see how their staff runs things....

It is amazing to me that nobody seems to have tried to replicate what they have done.... he has had many visitors to his practices.... and he is fine with visitors.... the UCLA coach i think has been there several times.... i think it would help...

You know what i would suggest if it is possible.... that Holly visit a practice of theirs or two.... to see how their staff runs things....

It is amazing to me that nobody seems to have tried to replicate what they have done.... he has had many visitors to his practices.... and he is fine with visitors.... the UCLA coach i think has been there several times.... i think it would help...

Jeff Walz had his whole team and staff watch a Uconn practice his first year at Louisville, Scott Rueck at OSUw has I think visited. Lots of coaches have.
And it isn't actually what he runs that they generally talk about, but the speed and urgency and precision with which the practices are run, and the never settling for less than complete attention to every detail. It is never good enough until it is correct and it is never correct until it is repeatable.

Reactions: 7 people
My answer:

Tennessee has lost to Alabama the last three times they've met.

I'll repeat that. Tennessee has lost to Alabama the last three times they've met.

Reactions: 9 people

Someone trying to pee up a rope? I doubt a trip for Holly to the Vatican would do any good. She just IS NOT a head coach. Why is it we make excuses for female coaches and will not face reality? Male coaches get canned based upon non-performance; why the double standard? Just like under Fulmer, why prolong the madness. The insanity continues....

UConn isn't the team eliminating us from the NCAA Tournament.

2017: Louisville (2nd round)
2016: Syracuse (Elite 8)
2015: Maryland (Elite 8)
2014: Maryland (Sweet 16)
2013: Louisville (Elite 8)
2012: Baylor (Elite 8)

We should be playing those teams yearly. WCBB is lacking a rivalry between powerhouse programs, but UT scheduling UConn doesn't solve that. Rivalries can't be manufactured; they happen organically.

Hell yes. Maybe the hype and then losing by 40 will get her fired finally

Only 40? UCONN would win by 60 or more and you know he would pour it on so he could say he was the one who beat Tennessee by the greatest margin. If it would guarantee Holly's exit then by all means schedule it--for tomorrow.

My answer:

Tennessee has lost to Alabama the last three times they've met.

I'll repeat that. Tennessee has lost to Alabama the last three times they've met.

This. Completely unacceptable and a fireable offense by itself. AL was, and still is a bottom dweller program in the SEC, and until Holly started losing to them last year they hadn't beaten TN since the mid 80's.

Someone trying to pee up a rope? I doubt a trip for Holly to the Vatican would do any good. She just IS NOT a head coach. Why is it we make excuses for female coaches and will not face reality? Male coaches get canned based upon non-performance; why the double standard? Just like under Fulmer, why prolong the madness. The insanity continues....

She did not learn anything from that stint. Mercedes played dominate and didn't roam out on the perimeter. The reason why? Coach Joe McKeown.

This. Completely unacceptable and a fireable offense by itself. AL was, and still is a bottom dweller program in the SEC, and until Holly started losing to them last year they hadn't beaten TN since the mid 80's.

If the Tide get past Tulane tonight? My money is on them winning the WNIT. IF that happens Holly should be fired that same night. :dance2:

Flat azz no, under Holly, it would be one the most embarrassing loses in program history. She is a bottom feeder coach with potentially great players. I do not care to see a grin on Genno's face as UCONN beat the Lady Vols by 50 points plus. The Holly presser would be awful, "we didn't have stops", "we didn't have looks", "we shot too quick"', "they blocked out well", "we could not stop them from scoring", "they were the better team tonight", etc. She would look more clueless than a deer looking into headlights. Thanks but no thanks!!!

You really want a home and away where the average winning margin would be 30+?

Pat was the only person who could go at Geno and not get turtle complex.
She's not on his level and it would make the program look bad

Stay far away Lady Vols

Flat azz no, under Holly, it would be one the most embarrassing loses in program history. She is a bottom feeder coach with potentially great players. I do not care to see a grin on Genno's face as UCONN beat the Lady Vols by 50 points plus. The Holly presser would be awful, "we didn't have stops", "we didn't have looks", "we shot too quick"', "they blocked out well", "we could not stop them from scoring", "they were the better team tonight", etc. She would look more clueless than a deer looking into headlights. Thanks but no thanks!!!
You left out scratching her head bald.

Reactions: 2 people
No we certainly don't need the them until we can beat the teams were playing now. Second he was demanding some kind of apology for his wrong doing a few years ago and that is something he want be getting from Tennessee.
I hope not Talk about dishonoring Pat!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back