Lady Vols Records Broken with Holly

T.J.

This thread is not to add salt to the wound but to highlight the negatives of Holly Warlick as the Lady Volunteer coach.

5 years in the making.

How many of coach Pat Summitt records has Holly broken as coach?

I'll start.

1. First time Tennessee lost in the NCAA tournament 2nd round.

Reactions: 6 people
First time falling out of the top 25? That may have happened in the past 5 years also. Didn't she break a home winning streak too?

Reactions: 4 people
Holly Warlick IS a broken record, & as long as she's the head coach of the LVs, it will only get worse. :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
The past two years have really hurt the program. IDT there are many records left:

- 41 straight years of 20-win seasons
- Played in every single NCAAT
- Most NCAAT games won
- Never lost to Vandy in TBA (not totally sure about that)

There are probably a few more.

HW can not coach. Fire her & Hart today. Why go own with this bad coaching. Jeff Walz did a bad job coaching but Holly did worst.

Reactions: 1 person
She will get another year because of this great incoming class. Then next season, she will not perform well but will blame it on her team being full of freshmen. Then she will get another try in 2018 season. She will again not perform well but will fired at the season's end.
So, we will endure her for two more seasons and then she will not be retained, which is the same as being fired.

She will have a seasoned Jaime Nared,maybe a veteran senior in Russell, three veterans in Jackson, Middleton, and Dunbar , so the freshman excuse should not save her if she fails to have a winning (Forget about championships for now) seasoning next year.

Next year will be more of the same. What we've seen from Warlick and the Vols is a long pattern of underachievement--players and teams who consistently underachieve. There is a lack of cohesion, lack of development, lack of discipline and mental toughness, lack of offensive execution. You could count on one hand the number of games this year in which the team played as a cohesive whole for most of the game. Usually, we might have two players playing well and two or three others out of sorts and struggling--see last night. Nared was great, Russell was OK and Reynolds, Jackson and DeShields had poor games. The team cannot sustain good or even solid play. It's a given that we will have /at least/ one quarter, maybe two, in every game when we fall apart, and it often costs us the game--see 4th quarter last night. How many games this year did we come up and play really well in the first quarter, build, say, a 10 point lead, and then stink up the gym in the 2nd quarter and go into the half tied? Many games.

As I said, there is a long pattern of underachievement, weak coaching, and you can change the names of the players, but the result will be the same.

Reactions: 7 people
Sadly, Holly Warlick has led the Lady Vols to obscurity and delaying the inevitable task of firing her, could further destroy what was once a proud women's basketball program.......sad, so very sad...

Reactions: 2 people
:p
This thread is not to add salt to the wound but to highlight the negatives of Holly Warlick as the Lady Volunteer coach.

5 years in the making.

I'll start.

In 2009, we lost in the first round to Ball State.

5 years in the making.

I'll start.

She still has one of Pat's records to break....losing in the first round.

She still has one of Pat's records to break....losing in the first round.

In order for Holly to break that record the LVs would have to be NOT invited to NCAA tournament.

I don't want to see that day ever happening in my lifetime. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back