Kentucky vs Ohio State

LadyViking/Vol

Both Ohio State Lady Buckeyes and the Tennessee Lady Vols are two of the most talented teams in the country and they both mirror each other in how they play games. Ohio state had a twenty point lead and now late in he 4th Ohio St. Is up by three. Lack of rebounding, not making layups, giving up a quarter due to lack of focus, and lack of discipline. It is frustrating because both Ohio State and Tennessee should make it to the final four, but don't know if either one will make it. Go Lady Vols! :banghead2:

Ohio State plays street ball. They have the talent and bench to beat UCONN, but not the discipline.

Reactions: 2 people
Both Ohio State Lady Buckeyes and the Tennessee Lady Vols are two of the most talented teams in the country and they both mirror each other in how they play games. Ohio state had a twenty point lead and now late in he 4th Ohio St. Is up by three. Lack of rebounding, not making layups, giving up a quarter due to lack of focus, and lack of discipline. It is frustrating because both Ohio State and Tennessee should make it to the final four, but don't know if either one will make it. Go Lady Vols! :banghead2:

You are correct in seeing similarities on the game nuances...OSU disappeared in the second Q, just as we often do..I agree with not making layups as a culprit, but I see a different parallel...

When you are the victim of a run, you should first try to stop the momentum by switching up something (unusual match-ups, other defenses, etc) but you have to keep in mind the span of points acquired in that run. . . OSU used a timeout on the 6th point of the unanswered run (which was good), but, failed to make any adjustments( not so good). . . The coach figured his calling of a TO would change things by simply interrupting the flow.(wrong)..... He then waited on the tv stoppage for his next pause and by then the score had gone from a 50-31 advantage at the 8:55 mark of the third to 56-43 at the 4:34 tv timeout point.

Ky cut the lead to 3, after being 19 down. (A run worthy of a UT's defensive lapse-comparisons). KY fizzled out though. . . OSU still did nothing to shake things up and used an offensive run to finish the game after KY ran out of gas. That will stay with them. If KY had won, the only thing that could be said was that OSU got out-coached.

The Ohio State women's basketball team is called the "Buckeyes," not the "Lady Buckeyes." At Ohio State, women are equal to their male counterparts.

Name has nothing to do with equality.

The Lady Vols and their separate athletic department for years was more successful and held in higher regard than their male counterparts.

Being called a lady anything doesn't make you less equal if you have created a program that stands for success. That's what Pat and the Lady Vols did. They made the Lady Vols one of the best brands in all of college sports.

Reactions: 20 people
kentucky's center got 23 rebounds in the loss and her numbers were helped by going 4-20. Would a bad day to close out her career.

The Ohio State women's basketball team is called the "Buckeyes," not the "Lady Buckeyes." At Ohio State, women are equal to their male counterparts.

The Lady Vols choose to be called The Lady Vols. Given their long and unparalleled history, perhaps they view "equal" as a step down.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds to me like OSU doesn't respect their women. Where I come from we call them ladies.

the problem. This isn't the 1950s--except in the South.

The "Lady Vols" aren't a brand anymore--let's be clear about that. They were, to a degree, with Summitt back when we were winning titles, but PS is gone and so are the years of winning championships.

Winning championships for the Lady Vol's is here to stay and the name also. Everyone in Tennessee loves the Lady Vol's.

Reactions: 3 people
the problem. This isn't the 1950s--except in the South.

The "Lady Vols" aren't a brand anymore--let's be clear about that. They were, to a degree, with Summitt back when we were winning titles, but PS is gone and so are the years of winning championships.

The Lady Vol brand is alive and well. You enjoy flamming it's fan base don't you? Let's be clear about something else, the only thing clear about most of your posts is the space between your ears. On the brighter side, congratulations on posting something with a reference to CPS that does not call her ability into question.

Reactions: 5 people
So right, Jeff. (FYP:):)). A is troll is a troll is a troll. It needs to crawl back under it's house and chew on a dry bone.

It is not worthy of a dry bone. Decorum prevents me from further elaboration. Is it me or does this board have an overabundance of trolls spreading discontent? Lastly, your inward beauty in how you care for your pet was a great thing to behold. In my mind, you are a great person for caring like that. I just wanted to say that and apologize that I didn't mention it sooner.

Reactions: 2 people
It is not worthy of a dry bone. Decorum prevents me from further elaboration. Is it me or does this board have an overabundance of trolls spreading discontent? Lastly, your inward beauty in how you care for your pet was a great thing to behold. In my mind, you are a great person for caring like that. I just wanted to say that and apologize that I didn't mention it sooner.

Response by sentence:
True
Understand
Yes!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back