New Article - Lady Vols Want to Play Better for Warlick

So now they want to play for her? If they truly love the coach, school and program, why let it get to this point? Nah...talk is cheap. Do the talking on the floor and be consistent with it. See UConn for how it's done.

Reactions: 13 people
You play for yourself FIRST... because whoever it is you are playing for A. Might not be around forever & B. What happens when they piss you off? You gonna do things to spite them? To master anything you must be intrinsically motivated not externally motivated... Trying to get anything consistent while being externally motivated is not a good idea.

One player commented "The coach has no control over how we play on the floor." Bet ole geno could and would. :jpshakehead:

Reactions: 4 people
Games will be decided by how the players other than the big three play. That is what has decided games all season. If Reynolds, Jackson, Qui, and Dunbar can score 25 to 30 points and the big three get their usual 50 were likely to win. The problem has been we've had several games where the four of them has scored less than 10.

Reactions: 2 people
So now they want to play for her? If they truly love the coach, school and program, why let it get to this point? Nah...talk is cheap. Do the talking on the floor and be consistent with it. See UConn for how it's done.

Right on target here imo ^^^^

Reactions: 1 person
While it's not good news they're still working on fundamentals in tournament practice, I do like it that they've had these team meetings, they acknowledge they've got this big problem, and they want to overcome it. I believe we're going to see some great Lady Vol basketball! GLV!!

This is the nonsense talk that you get from underachieving teams.

Except, one thing she mentioned was what I've thought all season long, the lack of numbers. With the lack of depth in mere numbers has to take a toll throughout the season. Not enough coming off the bench to give a spark, if the starters don't have it one a given night, who's going to do it?

Should be better next year especially if everyone that can come back, returns..

I don't think they like her coaching!

I know everyone here hates Geno, but this bit from his postgame press conference today is outstanding. So relevant to this Lady Vol team IMO....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp4mIONS51E&feature=youtu.be

I hate Geno but have to agree with him ! If he was coaching our team the premodonamas on our team would be sitting and Nunn and the managers would be playing!!! And rightly so... I would rather watch Harris and Nunn and Kortney than what we have seen this year.

Except, one thing she mentioned was what I've thought all season long, the lack of numbers. With the lack of depth in mere numbers has to take a toll throughout the season. Not enough coming off the bench to give a spark, if the starters don't have it one a given night, who's going to do it?

Should be better next year especially if everyone that can come back, returns..

since CHW has been the head coach,there has all ways been a lot of injuries which causes a lack of depth

This is the nonsense talk that you get from underachieving teams.

I agree. I'm so tired of reading articles like this and articles/quotes of how close different Lady Vols teams are. My goodness this is WCBB, not High School. Buckle down, have some heart and emotion and play hard every play. Quit with all the talk and show it on the court consistently!

VN Store

Back