NCAA Tournament Day 1 - Games of Interest?

Decker Moss

No upsets in the early round, though Belmont came close. Right now Oregon State behind at half time and USF beating Missouri. That's not a good sign for the SEC. I think UConn beat USF by 40 or 50. Still early though. Which games are you following?

I'm a Mizzou alum and I knew USF would be a terrible matchup for us. USF was incredibly underseeded... people forget that three big losses were to UConn, and they played in their conference final. They're quick and they defend and rebound well. they should have been at least a seven. Plus, Mizzou not a great road team and they're playing in Florida -- though not really close to USF.

Belmont acquitted themselves well. They have had a great season here in Nashville with a lot of fan support. there's only one senior on the team so they should be back next year.

I went on record a couple weeks ago that the Pac 12 was way over-rated. And then over-seeded. I said I doubted that any Pac 12 team would make the Elite 8. Oregon State should pull this one out, but in my opinion the level of play in their conference this year didn't pass the eye test.

Reactions: 1 person
No upsets in the early round, though Belmont came close. Right now Oregon State behind at half time and USF beating Missouri. That's not a good sign for the SEC. I think UConn beat USF by 40 or 50. Still early though. Which games are you following?

UConn beat USF by 65 in their first matchup this season.

The SEC was very, very weak this year outside of SC and MSU. Decimated UK roster, Mizzou with injuries to their best player, Florida loses their main perimeter threat. The fact that Tennessee didn't finish in the top 4 was pretty sad.

Reactions: 1 person
Mizzou comes from double digits down and wins 66-64 on a buzzer beater. Nice comeback over a very game USF tea.

SC not missing Alaina at all in a 90-40 in. They might actually play better defense without her.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah. Looks like both Oregon State and Missouri pulled it out. So far only upset according to seeds is Purdue over Green Bay. Anybody know why Miss. St. started their second string? They did very well so didn't make a real difference.

Yeah. Looks like both Oregon State and Missouri pulled it out. So far only upset according to seeds is Purdue over Green Bay. Anybody know why Miss. St. started their second string? They did very well so didn't make a real difference.

Shaefer was very obtuse when asked about that. Vivians in particular was on the doghouse. She didn't enter the game until midway through the second quarter.

Looked like he was sending a message, at least to Victoria.

Hope they worked it out. If I have to support any other team besides UT it is Mississippi State. Tons of respect for what he has done there.

Hope they worked it out. If I have to support any other team besides UT it is Mississippi State. Tons of respect for what he has done there.

I like MSU too. Amazing what Shaefer has done with a group of 3 star players. They play hard and play smart.

VN Store

Back