What number and where will the Lady Vol's go

#8 in UConn's region.

My fingers are cross hoping that happens.

GOLadyVols!

Win or go home.

The fact that Syracuse dipped to a #8 (in UConn's region) possibly bodes well for the Lady Vols to be higher than expected...

Reactions: 1 person
Heard if we are a 7 in Stanford's region, we might get a home game because of a gymnastics meet

Looking fairly likely Lady Vols will end up with a potential second round matchup against a regular season opponent based on who's left on the board after Bridgeport and Stockon are out: Notre Dame, Baylor, Stanford, Texas.

They can't be matched up against Miss. St. that early so the only other option I see would be Washington if they're a #3 and we're a #6.

Interesting quote from Graham Hayes:

"No team has an odder resume than Tennessee. Wins against Mississippi State, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Stanford. Yet the Lady Vols aren't just unranked, they actually trail first round opponent and 12 seed Dayton among those receiving votes in most recent AP Top 25."

Reactions: 3 people
the 5 v 12 games are scary

Agreed, but fortunately this is a far cry from the Dayton team that gave UConn a tough out two years ago. They shoot 39% from the floor and have a negative (-1.8) assist/turnover ratio. They do have some size so they can compete on the boards and cause some problems with their defense, but from what I've seen (watched their regular season game against GW) they don't have the speed or shooting abilities that some of the other teams have that are hovering around the 11-12 seed line, so it's not a bad matchup for us, all things considered.

But, who knows with this team.

Agreed, but fortunately this is a far cry from the Dayton team that gave UConn a tough out two years ago. They shoot 39% from the floor and have a negative (-1.8) assist/turnover ratio. They do have some size so they can compete on the boards and cause some problems with their defense, but from what I've seen (watched their regular season game against GW) they don't have the speed or shooting abilities that some of the other teams have that are hovering around the 11-12 seed line, so it's not a bad matchup for us, all things considered.

But, who knows with this team.
If they play a zone and can shoot we are good as beat.

VN Store

Back