Final Reg Season AP Poll

ocoandasoc

When was the last time the team ranked 36th had beaten four of the Top 10 teams?

This was a very strange season. Will the post-season be even stranger?

Reactions: 1 person
When was the last time the team ranked 36th had beaten four of the Top 10 teams?

the post-season is always strange, this year will be no difference. Go Lady Vol's make the FF and then some. :shaking2:

Reactions: 2 people

personally...don't remember it ever happening, and, when I see it in print, it's hard to believe...very strange indeed, and...

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person

personally...don't remember it ever happening, and, when I see it in print, it's hard to believe...very strange indeed, and...

GO LADY VOLS!

This year they tend to lose to teams they should beat, and beat highly ranked teams. If they can somehow get by lower ranked Dayton, they should do pretty well.

GO LADY VOLS!

What's the record for most High School All Americans on a team that didn't even finish in the top 25?

Reactions: 3 people
What's the record for most High School All Americans on a team that didn't even finish in the top 25?

five was a Top 20 national recruit, I believe. I think two were Top 5 (Russell--No. 1--and DeShields). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure they were all very highly ranked. Nared, Reynolds and Middleton were all Top 10 or 15, I think. What was Jackson--Top 20? But we have no talent! "Wait 'till next year when we get some talent," say the Warlick defenders. Please. You take talent and then you coach it up--you teach, you motivate, you scheme, you lead. .... Or not. Talent without much coaching....is us.

five was a Top 20 national recruit, I believe. I think two were Top 5 (Russell--No. 1--and DeShields). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure they were all very highly ranked. Nared, Reynolds and Middleton were all Top 10 or 15, I think. What was Jackson--Top 20? But we have no talent! "Wait 'till next year when we get some talent," say the Warlick defenders. Please. You take talent and then you coach it up--you teach, you motivate, you scheme, you lead. .... Or not. Talent without much coaching....is us.

Russell, Deshields and Nared only. Reynolds and Middleton were around 30 and Jackson around 50 as per the Hoopgurlz ratings.

Players with high school credentials like Reynolds, Middleton and Jackson had would have been "Program Centerpieces" for most of the teams that beat Tennessee this year.

Probably Tennessee's seven last year, or maybe Duke.

That was my first thought, but I think UT finished back in the top 25 after their Elite Eight run. I can't see Holly pulling another miracle out of her butt this year.

I'm honestly curious for any examples where a coach has done less with more....

Russell was 1, Deshields 3, Reynolds 42, Jackson 49, Middleton 28, Dunbar 78, Nared 6, other two no rating.
All Hoopgurlz ratings

VN Store

Back