The First 2017 Go Lady Vol Tournament Thread

Rickster

VFL
Looking forward to watching my LV's play with focus, passion,and determination. It's a new season and time to make that tournament run they are famous for. GLV's

Reactions: 6 people
I hope they meet your expectations. If not, they will be watching with the rest of us about the round of 16.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope they meet your expectations. If not, they will be watching with the rest of us about the round of 16.

Waiting to see the pairings tonight and will make a prediction after that. I don't see them making the "sweet 16" right now the way they've played. I don't see ANY ONE beating UConn. They will win their 12th NC this year-a record not to be broken. This would make 4 years in a row, something I don't think that's ever been done in women's basketball.:dunno:

Waiting to see the pairings tonight and will make a prediction after that. I don't see them making the "sweet 16" right now the way they've played. I don't see ANY ONE beating UConn. They will win their 12th NC this year-a record not to be broken. This would make 4 years in a row, something I don't think that's ever been done in women's basketball.:dunno:
5 years in a row if they win this year. They have truely DOMINATED the landscape of Women's College Basketball the past decade.

On the bright side, it's our 10 year anniversary of the 2007 championship! 😂

Reactions: 1 person
Geno just has a system no one has figured out yet. He's also had some special players that made it work in the past. Stewart, Moore, MoJeff, Taursasi. But their are no superstars on this team he got now. But he will never let his game plan system break down. The only team that can beat it imo is Stanford.

System is called coaching not standing on the sidelines scratching your head a wondering what the hell is going on

Reactions: 8 people
This season is not over, but next year if Diamond DeShields and Mercedes Russell comes back it will be special.

"Hardest region

Oklahoma City: Baylor won't have to travel far. Mississippi State was at one point this season considered a No. 1 seed. Washington has the nation's best player in Kelsey Plum. Louisville has beaten Baylor in a regional before. And Tennessee has beaten two of the four No. 1 seeds this year. -- Creme

Oklahoma City: From Mississippi State's defense to Kelsey Plum's singular talent to DePaul's pace to the Siren-like one-game potential of Louisville and Tennessee, Baylor's quadrant of the bracket is a maze of unique challenges. -- Hays'

Expert picks: Breaking down the women's NCAA tournament bracket

Geno just has a system no one has figured out yet.

moneyball.jpg

The teams that excel at passing will have the best chance in Tennessee's bracket. Passing
moves the ball more efficiently than dribbling. Dribbling is slower and more easily defended. Dribbling is necessary but too much destroys teamwork. Great passing quickly leads to open shots that must be taken early or late to succeed in this tournament. Tennessee's opposition has the speed to guard too much dribbling.

One of the X factors is how the tournament games will be officiated. Will teams be allowed to be physical or will the refs keep it clean? If they allow physical play, it will be much tougher as less talented teams can use physicality as an equalizer.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the X factors is how the tournament games will be officiated. Will teams be allowed to be physical or will the refs keep it clean? If they allow physical play, it will be much tougher as less talented teams can use physicality as an equalizer.

This LV team is not physical.

Plan on it!

If I play a team of 8 deep with a 9th possibility,,,,If I am close to them, I stay with what is working but if I begin to lose ground, ,, I unleash my girls.

This team may very well head back home after the 1st game.

Judging by the way the Lady Vols played top rated teams vs. teams they were expected to beat, it may be a situation of getting past Dayton. We seem to be highly motivated against highly rated teams and play our best basketball. I would not be surprised to see them catch fire and make a run. The talent is there. If we can just get all the players to maximize their talents.

This LV team is not physical.

If it gets physical, we have no chance. I believe that Nard and Diamond are capable of being physical but that does not fit Russell's DNA. If her defense was equal to her offense we would have won more games. She needs to dominate on both ends of the court, however, foot speed will be a deterrent from one end of the court to the other. Who knows, big games can sometimes bring out the best. Lets hope that it happens for the Lady Vols.

Massey has Tennessee as an 8.5 point favorite with a 76% chance of winning. I think the percentage is fair but they can do better than 8 or 9 point win.

Massey has Tennessee as an 8.5 point favorite with a 76% chance of winning. I think the percentage is fair but they can do better than 8 or 9 point win.

The RPI has it as a much closer contest with only a 51% chance for a Lady Vol win. The average final repeated game score analysis has a one point win for UT. 68-67. Hope we can do much better than that.

The RPI has it as a much closer contest with only a 51% chance for a Lady Vol win. The average final repeated game score analysis has a one point win for UT. 68-67. Hope we can do much better than that.

I think that the game will be 50-50. Rebounding will be key to the game.

If it gets physical, we have no chance. I believe that Nard and Diamond are capable of being physical but that does not fit Russell's DNA. If her defense was equal to her offense we would have won more games. She needs to dominate on both ends of the court, however, foot speed will be a deterrent from one end of the court to the other. Who knows, big games can sometimes bring out the best. Lets hope that it happens for the Lady Vols.

don't forget about Nun,she can play physical

VN Store

Back