Tennessee Lady Vols return to prominence begins next year.

This has "Bash Holly" all over it! Nothing positive can be said around here OP.

However I do agree. If DD and Mercedes stays, I say we have a good chance to return to a FF. I don't see it happening this year but I love our chances next year. All of our freshman will be productive, we get Cooper and a nasty/nice power forward in Green! Her game reminds me of Nneka Ogwumike!

Im really ready to see what KK brings to the table.I don't think she gets enough air time around here lol. She was ranked #3 her junior year. I just want all of our freshman to be able to make layups and take care of the ball!

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 3 people
I'm waiting to see who comes back but if everyone does then we will have a team that can score 80 points per game and that will win most of the games we lost this season.
This year we would go through stretches when we could not score and that is when we lost. We were very weak at point guard and our bench was nothing to talk about. You need nine good players to be an effective team and hopefully everyone stays and we'll have a huge year next season.

Reactions: 2 people
That would be nice .How are you going to keep Holly out of the picture for that to happen......tie her up and leave her in locker room for the whole season might work.

How can we handicap by saying with these players in these positions, we should make run at FF.... A lot is being expected of freshmen.... and that is always problematic.... "if DD and Mercedes stay".... is that going to make big difference with freshmen replacing Nared and co.? And most importantly, how is the coaching going to change? Will coaches coach next year the same or differently than they coached Stricklen, Burdick, Massengale, DD, Mercedes etc?

"Tennessee Lady Vols return to prominence begins next year.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

tumblr_inline_oijiwqvMsI1trayhf_500_zpswpilvzh7.gif

tumblr_inline_ohmyr6d8Ee1rhjm56_500_zpscjfzm4f5.gif

Reactions: 7 people
"Tennessee Lady Vols return to prominence begins next year.

We have heard this for how many years ? and I'm not talking about football neither.

Attachments

• 13873081_951579434974446_4013278600860256300_n.jpg
    13873081_951579434974446_4013278600860256300_n.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 399
Doesn't matter what players come in, they won't be developed nor grow. They'll stagnate like Mercedes, who is called lazy on numerous occasions when she doesn't produce. If she were somewhere else, Mercedes would have grown into an awesome center. So whoever is mindless enough to want to come to Tenn., you won't be in the FF, but you might win an SEC championship and you'll have a coach who shrugs a lot and fans who will call you lazy when you don't uphold the Lady Vols tradition of winning.

Reactions: 5 people
Talent will never overcome bad coaching. Coaching can help a dearth of talent but it never works the other way around. You can win some games but there will be a game, especially in basketball where coaching moves will win or lose the game. Hope she can do it.

Reactions: 7 people
Meanwhile back on planet earth the Lady Vols bb team still has a sorry excuse for a coach who can't develop talent, can't figure out what to do when things are going wrong in games and simply put has no business being a head coach at the university of Tennessee. There will be no return to prominence under Holly Warlick, it's as plain as the nose on your face. Being a fan doesn't mean closing your eyes to reality. You have a better shot at winning the powerball jackpot than Warlick does of ever getting this team anywhere close to where it once was. Don't waste prayers and wishes on nonsense that won't happen.

Reactions: 9 people
Meanwhile back on planet earth the Lady Vols bb team still has a sorry excuse for a coach who can't develop talent, can't figure out what to do when things are going wrong in games and simply put has no business being a head coach at the university of Tennessee. There will be no return to prominence under Holly Warlick, it's as plain as the nose on your face. Being a fan doesn't mean closing your eyes to reality. You have a better shot at winning the powerball jackpot than Warlick does of ever getting this team anywhere close to where it once was. Don't waste prayers and wishes on nonsense that won't happen.

I wish someone would start a fire Holly Warlick post and keep it there. I love the Lady Vol's and know they will be a winner soon. Just hope MR and DD stays another year.

Reactions: 4 people
I have said for 3 years HW can not coach. She will make the good players coming in next year bad in 1 year.

Reactions: 6 people
Next year???
This year isn't over.

A "very interesting season" has to be finished first.

Okay CJ let's give Holly and the girls their due. They did have a couple of impressive wins. Maybe it will all come together and they win two or three games. That would satisfy some for now. They come into next season with some really outstanding new players and this is how the season plays out......................!!! I would feel comfortable saying, without hesitation, about the same as this year. If I was the new AD it wouldn't be good enough. How about you Jumper?

One of Pat Summitt's favorites expressions was, "you are not tough enough". She used this expression to motivate her players to perform to her expectations. Holly Warlick is not tough enough to be a good head coach.

Holly is not a bad coach, she's just not a great one. She's middle of the road. If she was a bad coach she would have crashed and burned in the first two years. If she was a great coach we would have seen a much better product on the floor the past few years. Hopefully she will be able to grow and improve as a coach, just as we want our players to grow and improve.

I'm waiting to see who comes back but if everyone does then we will have a team that can score 80 points per game and that will win most of the games we lost this season.
This year we would go through stretches when we could not score and that is when we lost. We were very weak at point guard and our bench was nothing to talk about. You need nine good players to be an effective team and hopefully everyone stays and we'll have a huge year next season.

Next year will be same Holly, "same win to great team today, loose to worst team next day".

Yep

Holly is not a bad coach, she's just not a great one. She's middle of the road. If she was a bad coach she would have crashed and burned in the first two years. If she was a great coach we would have seen a much better product on the floor the past few years. Hopefully she will be able to grow and improve as a coach, just as we want our players to grow and improve.

So are you saying that middle of the road is okay? No change is needed, just keep on keeping on. Couldn't disagree more, maybe if Alabama had your attitude in football they would still be wandering through the wilderness. But they said, hell no, we are too proud to let this continue. Hence Saban,

It is time for UT to say, hell no, the LVs belong at the top of the mountain with UConn. We have been down long enough, fire Holly and get the best coach out there, Pay him or her whatever you need to, and get on with it! Damn, what is so hard about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
So are you saying that middle of the road is okay? No change is needed, just keep on keeping on. Couldn't disagree more, maybe if Alabama had your attitude in football they would still be wondering through the wilderness. But they said, hell no, we are too proud to let this continue. Hence Saban,

It is time for UT to say, hell no, the LVs belong at the top of the mountain with UConn. We have been down long enough, fire Holly and get the best coach out there, Pay him or her whatever you need to, and get on with it! Damn, what is so hard about it?

No. I'm just saying that I hope she improves and grows as a coach because it is obvious that she is not going anywhere for the next couple of years.

VN Store

Back