She may be unproven as a Coach, but UT Lady Vols need

a dose of Kara Lawson.
I would love to give her this team for a few years. :hi:

I think your heading registered the reason she won't be here. Any other unproven or unqualified people you'd like to see coach the LV's?

Reactions: 5 people
a dose of Kara Lawson.

Why?

Here is what Kara said a few years ago when asked if she was ever going to coach:

"I'm not sure if I want to go into coaching. One thing I can say for sure is that I'll go to law school. I'll go back to school and see what opportunities are out there for me."

She may need that law degree to help her out when she's sued by all the disgruntled LV fans mad that she won't take the job as coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Why do people act like UTWBB is a program in dire straights needing to take a gamble on a coach? It used to be "hire Tyler Summitt"! The only + I can think of for his scandal was that the "hire Tyler" insanity disappeared.

This is the UTLV. Arguably the #1 brand in WCBB. Leadership with a pulse goes out and hires the absolute best that can be brought onto campus and pays whatever the cost. Outside of a handful, you will get a serious look from any candidate that you want. Or, we could just hire an assistant on staff and ... errr, I digressed.

We are not desperate and in need of throwing around "hail Mary's" to see if we can win big again.

Why?

Here is what Kara said a few years ago when asked if she was ever going to coach:

"I'm not sure if I want to go into coaching. One thing I can say for sure is that I'll go to law school. I'll go back to school and see what opportunities are out there for me."

She may need that law degree to help her out when she's sued by all the disgruntled LV fans mad that she won't take the job as coach.

Probably promised her Dad...I seem to remember he didn't want her to come to UT and only came to one game of hers..I would be very proud to call Kara my daughter.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do people act like UTWBB is a program in dire straights needing to take a gamble on a coach? It used to be "hire Tyler Summitt"! The only + I can think of for his scandal was that the "hire Tyler" insanity disappeared.

This is the UTLV. Arguably the #1 brand in WCBB. Leadership with a pulse goes out and hires the absolute best that can be brought onto campus and pays whatever the cost. Outside of a handful, you will get a serious look from any candidate that you want. Or, we could just hire an assistant on staff and ...

A'hem
:huggy:

a dose of Kara Lawson.

As others have said it has no chance of happening but I get what you're saying. Compare listening to her as a color analyst during a game, or in the studio breaking down matchups vs hearing Holly talk.... ever. Lawson is far more intelligent, a great communicator, and clearly has a tremendous grasp of the game that I've never seen Holly demonstrate. If Kara did ever decide to coach, I would bet on her being far more successful....

Reactions: 1 person
We need a WBB coach who can return the LVs to the top of the game. That coach does not need to have any ties to our university. Pat Summit was the greatest coach ever: she produced great teams and great players. However, she did not produce any great coaches. Hire somebody can win, even if they went to a nothing school like Butch did.

Just because someone is an alumnus does not mean they are coaching material. Quit hiring coaches in the bargain basement. Spend the $$$.

Reactions: 1 person
a dose of Kara Lawson.

Totally agree. She is extremely knowledgeable of the game and was a helluva a leader when she was at UT. Pat loved her and I've said for a couple of years I thought she would be a great coach here. Don't use the she has no coaching experience. FYI...Pat came straight from Tennessee Martin and how did that work out?

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Holly might get herself yet another num 1 recruiting class for 2018. Yes, holly has made us all scratch our heads more than a few times, but im willing to wait and be patient with holly and see what she can do with two potential top recruiting classes. Besides getting rid of holly and getting a big name coach is a huge gamble that may not pay off. Just look what happened when texas hired gail g away from Duke. She was a big name coach, but didnt do jack **** at Texas

...Don't use the she has no coaching experience...

So you would hire somebody to do a job they have no experience in and publicly said they don't want to do? Really? Let me know how that works out the next time you take your car in for service and you give it over to somebody who's never been a mechanic, says they don't want to be a mechanic, and further says they don't want to work on your car.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back