Rennia Davis earns Florida's Miss Basketball Award

Rennia is going to be a special player.

If she's anything like Holdsclaw then The Lady Vols are going to be something special.

Thanks for posting the article!:)

Reactions: 2 people
She was the #9 ranked recruit for a reason. Expecting her to be the second coming of Chamique is a recipe for disappointment.

I'd be happy if she becomes as good as Stricklen was.

Reactions: 1 person
She was the #9 ranked recruit for a reason. Expecting her to be the second coming of Chamique is a recipe for disappointment.

I'd be happy if she becomes as good as Stricklen was.
I didn't say she was going to be Holdsclaw, I said her game reminds you of Holdsclaw. I think Davis will be a special player for us. She can easily play any position on the floor. She's a great rebounder, nice mid-range jumper, can knock down the 3, dunk (LOL) and she plays hard.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure who Rennia Davis plays like, but she is a winner, I know she is the 3rd rated Lady Vol in the 2018 class, but I would rate her # 1 in the class. Time will tell.

So we have the Wootten Award winner
Miss Basketball in Florida and
AAA Miss Basketball in Tn
Whoo Who can't wait.

If this team is coached right and adding:

1. Cooper, (will be a significant improvement over Reynolds, better decision maker and has very good leadership skills);
2. Green (if she is any thing like her JUCO play),
3. Nard, (Becomes that senior leader we need on the court);
4. Middleton (If her defense continues to improve and she keeps her shooting eye);
5. Jackson (improves her offense and continues to play good defense, we have not seen the best of Jackson yet)
6. And the group coming in;

(Dunbar and Harris may rarely see the light of day unless their game significantly improves; don't get me wrong the talent might be there, but how will it stack up against the incoming talent?)

This team could be very special with final four potential. There will be a learning curve at the beginning of the season. I still believe that, if coached right, this could be a consistent top 5 to 10 team. Now if Diamond and Russell return, this is a team with high final four potential. No doubt top 5 team with no less than a 2nd seed NCAA tournament rating.

Next year could be exciting.

If this team is coached right and adding:

1. Cooper, (will be a significant improvement over Reynolds, better decision maker and has very good leadership skills);
2. Green (if she is any thing like her JUCO play),
3. Nard, (Becomes that senior leader we need on the court);
4. Middleton (If her defense continues to improve and she keeps her shooting eye);
5. Jackson (improves her offense and continues to play good defense, we have not seen the best of Jackson yet)
6. And the group coming in;

(Dunbar and Harris may rarely see the light of day unless their game significantly improves; don't get me wrong the talent might be there, but how will it stack up against the incoming talent?)

This team could be very special with final four potential. There will be a learning curve at the beginning of the season. I still believe that, if coached right, this could be a consistent top 5 to 10 team. Now if Diamond and Russell return, this is a team with high final four potential. No doubt top 5 team with no less than a 2nd seed NCAA tournament rating.

Next year could be exciting.

The only thing that I can think of that would be more exciting than this group of star players, would be having someone the bench that could coach.

The only thing that I can think of that would be more exciting than this group of star players, would be having someone the bench that could coach.

I agree. Coaching WCBB is similar to cooking. You can have the best of ingredients and not prepare a tasty dish if you do not know how to cook. You can have the best players and not have a good team if you do not know how to coach.

If Holly can't do it next year, She will never be able to make it happen. This is our chance to get the program back on track.

If Holly can't do it next year, She will never be able to make it happen. This is our chance to get the program back on track.

teacherdean, I agree with you wholeheartedly, however Holly will not be able to make it happen. Unfortunately, she lacks that "X" player motivator factor that all good coaches have. She is a wonderful person but not a good coach.

We will get to see all 4 of them play together March 29, at the McDonald All American game, will know more then. 3 on the East and 1 on the West team.

HW will take good players and make them bad. She had great players three years ago look at them now. She might make a fair high school coach.

Seems like every thread turns into a bash Holly thread.

I'm happy for Ms. Davis. I hope she stays healthy and continues to work on her game. She has the potential to be an excellent SEC player and I'm excited she is going to be a Lady Vol. I hope she is allowed to adjust to a different game and lifestyle before people pass judgement on her ability. Most likely she will play like a freshman in some games and like an upper classman in others. It may take time to develop consistency so patience will be needed.

why in blazes would you insert reason and cogent thinking into your #17 post above, Mr. Rickster?

It will never fit in here! ;)

Congratulations to Rennia Davis. Looking forward to seeing her in the LV uniform. Others, take your bash Holly crap to one of the other hundred threads ignorant ones have set up for it.

HW will take good players and make them bad. She had great players three years ago look at them now. She might make a fair high school coach.

There is actually no evidence of this. Some fans overvalue the ability of a few of our current players. There is evidence that she has not shown the ability to take decent players and elevate their game. Luckily, from the film I have seen we have very talented players coming in this class.

Having had the pleasure to watch the three LV forwards throughout their careers I would be pleased if she has that on-court 'nasty fire" (a compliment) court presence of Gordon, the uncanny ability to be around the ball, follow her shot, excel at all the little things of Catching, the uncanny shooting ability inside 15 feet of Holdsclaw and be equal to any of them in rebounding. Definitely former players to emulate.

VN Store

Back