DeShields, Russell Honored by Associated Press

T.J.

"KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The Associated Press released its women's basketball awards Wednesday, and redshirt juniors Diamond DeShields and Mercedes Russell were both named to the 2017 AP All-SEC Second Team."

DeShields, Russell Honored by Associated Press - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Congratulations!

Diamond didn't receive the awards she mentioned playing to get during preseason.

A bit surprised that Jaime Nared wasn't on that list.

I'm so hyped right now for the start of the NCAA tournament. I just got a feeling that The Lady Vols are going to make it to the Final Four.

They've proven that they can ball with the best of them when their backs are up against the wall. So that's where my mind is at right now.

They can do it! They'll just need our support as fans. Lets enjoy the journey y'all.

If they lose before the Final Four?

Fire Holly! :)

Congratulations, Mercedes Russell and Diamond DeShields, wish Jaime Nared was there, but the big 3 will take us to the Final Four. Go Lady Vol's :girl1::groupwave::3cheers::elephant:

Reactions: 2 people
Congratulations, Mercedes Russell and Diamond DeShields, wish Jaime Nared was there, but the big 3 will take us to the Final Four. Go Lady Vol's :girl1::groupwave::3cheers::elephant:

I honestly believe this team, if it stays healthy and plays like it has against top 10 teams, the Final Four, is not out of the question. It's going to take desire, motivation, consistency and great preparation. There are a lot of good teams with short benches, so we should not use that crutch.

VN Store

Back