Evina Westbrook named Morgan Wootten player of the year

Congrats Evina! Can't wait to see you in Orange.

According to the article, she's averaging 27.9 points, 7.9 assists and 7.4 steals this season.

Hello future point guard!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Evina will help us return to the promise land. She will be very good out the gates for Tennessee!

And PLEASE lets not turn this thread into a bash Holly thread, it's about Evina!

Reactions: 5 people
She is really a huge talent and knows how to lead a team. We would like to see her play with Diamond a season but if your number one in the draft you can't improve on that. We'll see what happens but hopefully Mercedes is back for another season.

I'm so happy for her and the great class of Lady Vol's coming to Tennessee.

The Wooten Award is sometimes a bit under the radar... But just read the list of past winners and you'll see how strong the correlation to future success is!

Ironically, some Lady Vol fans minimized the importance of this award last year when Crystal Dangerfield won it. But I expect Westbrook to match or exceed her freshman performance, even though she will be thrown immediately into the fire.

Congrats to Evina!

Congrats to Evina

and Congrats to the ole Gule, he has one out of at least 15 Carambola aka Starfruit seeds finally sprouted.

Thank you, Jesus!

maybe five years from now I'll be eating home grown starfruit. lol

ps. I was just outside moving the container with the starfruit spout out of the direct sun into a more shaded area and found 2 more seedlings that popped up since last night.

Hot dang, I'm a Starfruit growing son of a gun! lol

Last edited:
I will be interesting what Tennessee does next year with Cooper, Annie and Westbrook. I could see Westbrook at the shooting guard and point.

"We have to come in and prove that this class is no joke," Westbrook said. "We have to come in and do some damage.'

Well alright then Evina!

Congratulations!

GOLADYVOLS!

But I expect Westbrook to match or exceed her freshman performance, even though she will be thrown immediately into the fire.

Why's that? There's no pressure to start at either guard spot, since they have experience with Cooper, Middleton and Jackson coming back in. If anything, she should be able to be brought along slowly.

Holly and Coach Reaves hit big time pay dirt with this class. Freshman like Westbrook and Hayes are going to start they both have serious talent and basketball IQ.

Oh and Davis at the three spot. Cooper back this team will press and trap and run. Now just need Holly to let them play to their strengths.

Why's that? There's no pressure to start at either guard spot, since they have experience with Cooper, Middleton and Jackson coming back in. If anything, she should be able to be brought along slowly.

Middleton & Jackson will not be starters next year. Luckily for them the team was short handed this year, otherwise they would be spending a lot of time on the bench.

Barring injury...Middleton will start at the beginning of the season

That's my guess as well. Holly will not be starting the freshmen on Day 1 when Alexa and MeMe are sitting on the bench. Whether Alexa and/or MeMe are starting at the end of the season is a different story.

Te'a Cooper and Jaime Nared will start for sure, if Diamond DeShields, and Mercedes Russell return they will start for sure, the next one will be hard to say, but Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes, or Rennia Davis will be the other one to start. It will be hard to keep them out of the line up. Kasiyahna Kushkituah, Cheridene Green, Meme Jackson, Alexa Middleton, Kortney Dunbar, and Kamera Harris will see some playing time but not sure how much.

One year with HW she will go from good to bad.HW can not coach.

We were on such a good roll with this thread. Almost 2 full pages without a damn thing said about Holly! Give the negativity a damn break for once. There are plenty of other threads to bash Holly! This thread was created to celebrate Evina's award and you have to bring that **** here!

Reactions: 12 people
LVs could use some attitude and strong leadership from this FR class. Looks like they might get it. I like her moxie.

Reactions: 3 people
Barring injury...Middleton will start at the beginning of the season

I don't think so, Middleton is way too slow that's one of the reasons they have struggled this year. Other teams see she is a weakness on both ends so they attack her and then holly has to sit her for meme who doesn't look to score at all. I wish meme was more confident on offense she has the skill set and speed/athletic ability to be a great player.

She is really a huge talent and knows how to lead a team. We would like to see her play with Diamond a season but if your number one in the draft you can't improve on that. We'll see what happens but hopefully Mercedes is back for another season.

Mercedes wants to play with her Oregon home girl.

VN Store

Back