Anastasia Hayes

Darth_Vol

Since there is no longer anything in Greenville worth watching I went to check out the Nation's #1 High School team Riverdale in the substate tonight. They won by about 20, game was never really in doubt. The most impressive part of Hayes' game is her passing. She had a ton of pretty assists and could have had more if teammates didn't miss chippies. She didn't score a lot, 17 points, but she obviously didn't have to. All her points (besides a free throw) were at the rim, and her range outside the point still looks suspect. The bad news is she had to be carried off the floor with about 2 minutes left with some kind of ankle injury. Let's hope she has a speedy recovery for State.

On a side note, Middleton and Russell were also at the game. Both are very nice young ladies. Mercedes only gave me an awkward smile when I asked her to come back next season. I tried....

Reactions: 6 people
"Mercedes only gave me an awkward smile when I asked her to come back next season."

Darth Vol a missed opportunity!

Forget about next season. This season is still a work in progress. I'd hope you would had told her that you love her game and you'll be cheering her on all the way to the Final Four. Best of luck to you and the team.

Words of encouragement usually works. :)

I believe that Mercedes & The Lady Vols will make it to the Final Four.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 3 people
Since there is no longer anything in Greenville worth watching I went to check out the Nation's #1 High School team Riverdale in the substate tonight. They won by about 20, game was never really in doubt. The most impressive part of Hayes' game is her passing. She had a ton of pretty assists and could have had more if teammates didn't miss chippies. She didn't score a lot, 17 points, but she obviously didn't have to. All her points (besides a free throw) were at the rim, and her range outside the point still looks suspect. The bad news is she had to be carried off the floor with about 2 minutes left with some kind of ankle injury. Let's hope she has a speedy recovery for State.

On a side note, Middleton and Russell were also at the game. Both are very nice young ladies. Mercedes only gave me an awkward smile when I asked her to come back next season. I tried....

Anastasia Hayes, at least we have some thing to look forward to next year.

Reactions: 1 person

Wonder when the last time was that two top lady vols were able to attend a high school game at the mid point of the SEC tourney? Kind of sad don't you think??

Reactions: 5 people

Was Alexa ok?...she took a powerful blow on that trap at mid-court in the first Qtr.

"Mercedes only gave me an awkward smile when I asked her to come back next season."

Darth Vol a missed opportunity!

Forget about next season. This season is still a work in progress. I'd hope you would had told her that you love her game and you'll be cheering her on all the way to the Final Four. Best of luck to you and the team.

Words of encouragement usually works. :)

I believe that Mercedes & The Lady Vols will make it to the Final Four.

Thanks for sharing!

I thought those were pretty positive words for a "Darth" :p It'd be wonderful to have Mercedes another year, but she needs to do whatever it is that's best for her. I'm heartened to see that she cares enough about the program still to go watch an in-coming player play. She's sure had a rough tenure her, what with her freshman year on bad feet, then a year for surgery and re-hab, and then the inconsistencies. But she's been the star of this team, in my eyes.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought those were pretty positive words for a "Darth" :p It'd be wonderful to have Mercedes another year, but she needs to do whatever it is that's best for her. I'm heartened to see that she cares enough about the program still to go watch an in-coming player play. She's sure had a rough tenure her, what with her freshman year on bad feet, then a year for surgery and re-hab, and then the inconsistencies. But she's been the star of this team, in my eyes.

Got to give Cedes credit she's been consistently scoring in double digits. The only knock on her game is that she hasn't shown to be a game changer. A player that makes dramatic plays to win games.

I'm hoping she shows that side to her game in the upcoming tournament. I think she will. At least I'm hoping that she will.

The Final Four is tangible IF Mercedes plays up to her 6'6 frame.

Best of luck to her and the team!

It's March I want to cheer on a WINNER and be a part of the Madness.

GOLADYVOLS!

is there a link to the game somewhere online?

I cannot find one. I looked on Riverdales website. They have a video highlight of the last game and shows her hopping around after the injury. The coach says it is a turned ankle and she will be day to day.

Just an update: Annie is playing. 22-11 riverdale after one quarter. Annie has 7 and one of her sisters has 5 points. Did not realize it, but there are 2 Whittingtons starting on Riverdales team.

Update #2 - Riverdale 50 -22 at the half. Not able to see individual stats. Two team stats that stand out 11 steals by Riverdale and 14 turnovers by Morristown.

Update #3 - Riverdale 75 - 46 No updated stats yet

Last edited:
I cannot find one. I looked on Riverdales website. They have a video highlight of the last game and shows her hopping around after the injury. The coach says it is a turned ankle and she will be day to day.

The game is on nfhsnetwork. Its $10 for a 30 day pass and worth it cause you can watch all the state tournament games on Tennessee as well as all other states.

Just an update: Annie is playing. 22-11 riverdale after one quarter. Annie has 7 and one of her sisters has 5 points. Did not realize it, but there are 2 Whittingtons starting on Riverdales team.

Update #2 - Riverdale 50 -22 at the half. Not able to see individual stats. Two team stats that stand out 11 steals by Riverdale and 14 turnovers by Morristown.

Update #3 - Riverdale 75 - 46 No updated stats yet

They are being careful with Anastasia since her ankle injury in sub state. Looks like 4 minutes is the most time played....and after the way the game was going she played less and less.... they did not need her and she still scored 18 👌

They are being careful with Anastasia since her ankle injury in sub state. Looks like 4 minutes is the most time played....and after the way the game was going she played less and less.... they did not need her and she still scored 18 👌

Impressive scoring for seeing just 10 minutes of action. She was 6 of 10 from the field and 5 of 6 on FTs, also had 4 rebounds, 3 steals & an assist w/ no turnovers.

He's building a good program. Have you followed the team this year? How would you rate the twins?

I've followed them casually and been to a couple of games. The twins aren't SEC caliber but they should be good mid-major role players at MTSU....

I've followed them casually and been to a couple of games. The twins aren't SEC caliber but they should be good mid-major role players at MTSU....

Thanks for the info. Hope they do well. He seems like a good coach/guy, and of course Shalon is there.:)

VN Store

Back