Jimmy Dykes

Too bad. I liked his coaching style. Lots of energy and enthusiasm. Unfortunately for him, he didn't get enough players to consistently win.

I liked his style too. He seemed to genuinely care about his players also. Arkansas is just a hard place to win in women's basketball.

He was going to be fired they didn't make it to NCAA after that year and they were losing bad in sec

guess he was tired of being pc around everybody. You can't be tough around today's players anymore.

Most places you have to win to keep you job. He didn't win enough there and expect if the didn't resign he would have been fired.

Reactions: 1 person
guess he was tired of being pc around everybody. You can't be tough around today's players anymore.

This is what puzzles me, g

You don't have to be a badass to get these girls's effort and commitment...You have to have their back.

They have to have no-doubt about certain things about you for them to give you their all, every time:
-Coach will always have an answer
-Coach will defend me
-Coach appreciates me
-Coach will never accept anything but my best

People see "tough" and conjure up a "drill sergeant" as a coach. It ain't about that.

I am a tough coach, in that I will not accept ANYTHING done under my guidance at half-effort.,, Practice, game, job. . . And I relay that expectation by my own personal work-ethic, performance and consistency. I bring "my all" no matter what. . . My life's mantra is "Wherever you are,,,, be ALL there"

Am I an in your face coach...If I need to be

Do I need to be,,,No,,,not if I am those certain things above.

I tell my girls from day one...I will yell to inspire you, to push you to excel and to be heard across the gym...It's when I am so upset with you that all I can do is stare you down, that you should be worried.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back