holly warlick press conference alabama

That was PATHETIC for what Reynolds had said. A senior point guard saying this. She's so weak mentally and I see why her game suffers.....give me a competitive PG damnit!

Reactions: 9 people
The "I Don't Know" from Holly didn't bother you. Reynolds has been with her for 4 years, don't you think Holly would know how these girls feel by now?

Reactions: 1 person
All this may put a damper on the DD is the best player in WB!!

Also

REYNOLDS---I think we were just overlooking this team. We didn't think we had to come out here and play to the best of our ability because we came off a very good win.

For many teams, this type of player would never get off the bench.

Reactions: 9 people

Also

REYNOLDS---I think we were just overlooking this team. We didn't think we had to come out here and play to the best of our ability because we came off a very good win.

How do you overlook someone who has done beat your ass???? Damn these girls are weak.

Reactions: 8 people
I didn't watch but I imagine it was something like this:

"Coach" Holly Warlick: " I, um, um (shaking head) I don't really um know what the answer is (shrugging shoulders) I guess we'll, um, yeah I don't know really what to do. I guess we just have to, you know, try to um, um, maybe work on things maybe. I just, I just don't know."

Give her the option to resign and save a little face or terminate her ass immediately. This garbage has gone on long enough with her, she sucks and there is no other way to put it. All of you Warlick apologists are so blind it's unbelievable.

Reactions: 15 people
For the Holly has gone to 3 Elite 8 appearances crowd: she had final game talent and should have played Geno and lost to him not in Elite 8. She has wasted Elite talent. She will be given next year but I can already tell this Currie means business and he will not pay a coach 600,000 grand to put this product on floor. He can go and get a coach for half the price and do better than this.

Reactions: 6 people

Also

I am so ready for this year to be over! I do not want DD and Mercedes to come back! I am ready for some new blood and players that will put forth an effort to try and win. I would rather have Holly sit their butts on the bench and play Harris and Nunn and Kortney or the managers than watch this crap effort. I for one would think more of Holly if she had benched the lot !

We get six new players next year....I hope they want to play hard ?????

Holly need to take a class on how to give an interview. The first thing you never say is, I don't know.

The program is in the toilet...

Maybe the new AD will decide this situation is a complete joke and he should step in and make a change.

But I doubt iit.

A team that used to be the face of women's basketball everywhere is not now even the face of the SEC any longer. And that sits squarely on Holly Warlick's shoulders. She is a fraud as a coach.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know, if I had an employee who couldn't do their job, and they sat in front of me time after time saying they didn't know why their job wasn't getting done, I think I'd get tired of that pretty quick.

Maybe the new AD will decide this situation is a complete joke and he should step in and make a change.

But I doubt iit.

A team that used to be the face of women's basketball everywhere is not now even the face of the SEC any longer. And that sits squarely on Holly Warlick's shoulders. She is a fraud as a coach.

Players who are not weak mentally to begin with need to be recruited.

Reactions: 3 people
While it was heartbreaking to hear that perhaps they'd overlooked Alabama (a team that has beaten them three consecutive times now), I honestly don't think they did. I think the players just make up stuff to say in interviews and don't say what they really think.

So many times they are magnanimous in their loyalty to the staff in placing all the blame on themselves, so sometimes they resort to self-deprecating clichés that fill time at the mic.

I have difficulty believing that Jordan, or anyone else on the team, overlooked Alabama nor anyone else on the schedule this year. But they all seem to love Holly as a person and may be feeling the need to try to save her job by always taking all the blame.

Holly is the one who should be taking all the blame, EVERY TIME, whether she really thinks she deserves it or not.

At every level of business, every level of government, of education and in the military, at times of crisis it's the CEO who takes the fall for the company. ALWAYS. It's the Principal who takes the blame for a school's failing. It's the General who takes the blame for a failed military mission.

In sports, it's SUPPOSED to be the head coach sitting in front of the cameras taking responsibility for the loss, not the players trying to take the heat off the coach by making obviously ridiculous statements.

Reactions: 15 people
While it was heartbreaking to hear that perhaps they'd overlooked Alabama (a team that has beaten them three consecutive times now), I honestly don't think they did. I think the players just make up stuff to say in interviews and don't say what they really think.

So many times they are magnanimous in their loyalty to the staff in placing all the blame on themselves, so sometimes they resort to self-deprecating clichés that fill time at the mic.

I have difficulty believing that Jordan, or anyone else on the team, overlooked Alabama nor anyone else on the schedule this year. But they all seem to love Holly as a person and may be feeling the need to try to save her job by always taking all the blame.

Holly is the one who should be taking all the blame, EVERY TIME, whether she really thinks she deserves it or not.

At every level of business, every level of government, of education and in the military, at times of crisis it's the CEO who takes the fall for the company. ALWAYS. It's the Principal who takes the blame for a school's failing. It's the General who takes the blame for a failed military mission.

In sports, it's SUPPOSED to be the head coach sitting in front of the cameras taking responsibility for the loss, not the players trying to take the heat off the coach by making obviously ridiculous statements.

Good programs do not have room for player excuses. Personal strength for all of us has to come from inside ourselves. Fire Holly if you will, but what I said still holds IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Good programs do have room for player excuses. Personal strength for all of us has to come from inside ourselves. Fire Holly if you will, but what I said still holds IMO.

For the record, I have never made a "fire Holly" post. What I have said, several times, is that the coach should always take responsibility for the loss in the post-game presser.

This is something that I have yet to see or hear Holly do, and I think that is poor management and a mistake from a respectability standpoint.

I totally agree with you. The LVs did not look as though they were just cruising through the game. I am not sure that it was just Jordan covering for Holly, though that also likely had something to do with it. I think it is easier for this team to say, oh, we just did not play up to our potential than to acknowledge that they just got out played by a lower ranked team.

Nothing but excuses here.

Someone will probably have excuses for the excuses.

Best of excuses in/for the NCAAs

I am so ready for this year to be over! I do not want DD and Mercedes to come back! I am ready for some new blood and players that will put forth an effort to try and win. I would rather have Holly sit their butts on the bench and play Harris and Nunn and Kortney or the managers than watch this crap effort. I for one would think more of Holly if she had benched the lot !

If you can't see the problem with this team, why even watch women's basketball. There is NO other coach in the country that would not demand more and get it. She is one of the worst coaches that I have ever seen in women's sports. The only thing worse than her coaching is her ability to do an interview. She states the obvious after every game, when she answers every question with "I don't know". Looks like besides her, you are one of the VERY few that doesn't have a clue to what she is destroying.

If you can't see the problem with this team, why even watch women's basketball. There is NO other coach in the country that would not demand more and get it. She is one of the worst coaches that I have ever seen in women's sports. The only thing worse than her coaching is her ability to do an interview. She states the obvious after every game, when she answers every question with "I don't know". Looks like besides her, you are one of the VERY few that doesn't have a clue to what she is destroying

DD and JN have both said the same thing as Jordan numerous times. When the players say they aren't focused, don't play hard all the time and don't always bring their best effort, I believe them. They admit that they play down to the competition, and I believe that, too. What I don't understand is why the hell somebody doesn't fix it. When it keeps happening and nothing is done about it, it's not a bad night-- it's a bad trend.

You would think a team that loses 2 consecutive games to a terrible program would be fired up to play. They didn't play hard until it was too late. I blame the coaches and the players this time.

VN Store

Back