Congratulation Holly..............

Why not Barnes or Butch? Or, some of the other coaches who have not done as well? Just askin'.

Reactions: 6 people
Why not Barnes or Butch? Or, some of the other coaches who have not done as well? Just askin'.

Back to back 9-4 seasons after being 4 years removed from a dumpster fire isn't enough reason to fire anyone. He has made some mistakes but it's not all his fault, many injuries this past year hurt us big time. Coach Jones for sure gets this season to show we are going into the right direction. Yes it's a pivotal year but one I believe that will prove that Jones is worthy of being our coach. And Barnes, are you kidding me. His track record is one of a solid coach, we were picked 13th in the sec this year with a basically freshman and sophomore squad that has done much better than they were predicted to do by almost everyone. Good grief give the man a little time, again Barnes took over after the fallout from Pearl and then Tyndall and basically took over from scratch. People say he is dull and Blah Blah but he took Texas to the NCAA 17 out of 18 years. HOLLY, has had good talent but not enough wins to show for it and they have stayed consistently inconsistent and have gotten worse. The level of effort given in 1 game is followed by a letdown the next. It has repeated itself over and over, she cannot coach anyone up and it is showing. GBO!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
Holly ain't going to be fired.

You will have at least two more years to start 700 New fire Holly threads.

Okay, I will tell everyone you got confirmation that she won't be fired for 2 more years. I'm sure that will stop all message board activity. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Back to back 9-4 seasons after being 4 years removed from a dumpster fire isn't enough reason to fire anyone. He has made some mistakes but it's not all his fault, many injuries this past year hurt us big time. Coach Jones for sure gets this season to show we are going into the right direction. Yes it's a pivotal year but one I believe that will prove that Jones is worthy of being our coach. And Barnes, are you kidding me. His track record is one of a solid coach, we were picked 13th in the sec this year with a basically freshman and sophomore squad that has done much better than they were predicted to do by almost everyone. Good grief give the man a little time, again Barnes took over after the fallout from Pearl and then Tyndall and basically took over from scratch. People say he is dull and Blah Blah but he took Texas to the NCAA 17 out of 18 years. HOLLY, has had good talent but not enough wins to show for it and they have stayed consistently inconsistent and have gotten worse. The level of effort given in 1 game is followed by a letdown the next. It has repeated itself over and over, she cannot coach anyone up and it is showing. GBO!!!!!

So, the LV's don't get the same pass with all the injuries over the past 5-6 years? Football? Got beaten by Vandy and S. Carolina and played pathetic teams in bowl games. Barnes took over after the stupid hire of Tyndall, not Pearl. Basketball team not making the NCAA, football team not being able to compete with lower tier programs, etc. Just trying to show that they're all in the same spot, more or less. If you want to fire one, you need to clean house on all.

Reactions: 8 people
coach you are doing fine please i hope you not listening to this bull****.i am not happy we lost today but like i say it is very hard to coach effort and effort is job of the players to come over day and play hard.i will always be behind the lady vols and it does make me mad as former D1 college baseballplayer that they pickn choice when or what game to bring it like are 4 top 10 wind this yr.the subject is you and if should be fired.they are coaches programs out there gettn laugh at this.in your 4 yrs you have sec titles,1 sweet sixteenand 3 elite 8 something that lots of coaches nor program will ever get.you will always have ally in me.another thing,you so called lady vol fans tell me what holly did today on the sideline that you would correct,you spew hatefull comments but never have answers.holly can't put the ball in the hole for them or get out there rebound ball for thing......hang in their coach and they forget #1 recruitin class....if the players come out n decide to play hard for 40 mind we will go final 4

Reactions: 5 people
Holly ain't going to be fired.

You will have at least two more years to start 700 New fire Holly threads.

It does not matter if there is not another fire Holly thread, she will still be a bad coach. We are not developing our players as they should be developed. Look at Russell, she has an offensive game but her defense sucks. The simple fact is we have not fully developed her defensive skills. It takes her way too long to get down the court because she runs heel to toe rather than on the balls of her feet. As Cathings stated, Russell has to learn how to properly use her body. With her size, she should be a dominator on both ends of the court. These are coaching issues.

Who wants to watch Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde basketball? Holly has had some good games, but in reality, continues to marginalize this program year after year. She cannot make in game changes and she allows players to determine the direction of the game. We have not been ranked consistently in the top 25 in three years. I think she will be here for at least one more year, however, if she cannot do better than she has done this year, I think the new AD has to consider replacing Holly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
The LVs could make a NCAAT run. If the committee agrees with Creme's bracket, the LVs have a favorable draw as a 7 seed. They could make the E8... or they could lose in R1. Impossible to predict.

Reactions: 1 person
The LVs could make a NCAAT run. If the committee agrees with Creme's bracket, the LVs have a favorable draw as a 7 seed. They could make the E8... or they could lose in R1. Impossible to predict.

This time of the season no college basketball coach should have to coach EFFORT.

Lack of EFFORT by the players in every game is what makes the Lady Vols a mediocre team.

This time of the season no college basketball coach should have to coach EFFORT.

Lack of EFFORT by the players in every game is what makes the Lady Vols a mediocre team.

Same with football and men's basketball. Why zero in on the LV's? They'll achieve more than the other two.

Reactions: 3 people
Same with football and men's basketball. Why zero in on the LV's? They'll achieve more than the other two.

At this point I don't believe any of the coaches should be fired.

I mentioned the Lady Vols because I watched the post-game presser, and Jordan Reynolds stated that because they were playing Alabama (a team that had beaten them 2 straight games), they didn't give a 100% effort.

coach you are doing fine please i hope you not listening to this bull****.i am not happy we lost today but like i say it is very hard to coach effort and effort is job of the players to come over day and play hard.i will always be behind the lady vols and it does make me mad as former D1 college baseballplayer that they pickn choice when or what game to bring it like are 4 top 10 wind this yr.the subject is you and if should be fired.they are coaches programs out there gettn laugh at this.in your 4 yrs you have sec titles,1 sweet sixteenand 3 elite 8 something that lots of coaches nor program will ever get.you will always have ally in me.another thing,you so called lady vol fans tell me what holly did today on the sideline that you would correct,you spew hatefull comments but never have answers.holly can't put the ball in the hole for them or get out there rebound ball for thing......hang in their coach and they forget #1 recruitin class....if the players come out n decide to play hard for 40 mind we will go final 4

35...come closer...closer...ARE YOU CRAZY?! BTW do you know where the space bar is? :crazy:

OK, they don't give 100% effort. They play down to competition. They admit this. It's an ongoing problem. What does UT do? Dismiss the players? Fire the coaches? Accept mediocrity? Shutter the program?

Problems need solutions.

OK, they don't give 100% effort. They play down to competition. They admit this. It's an ongoing problem. What does UT do? Dismiss the players? Fire the coaches? Accept mediocrity? Shutter the program?

Problems need solutions.

Accept mediocrity = keep Holly Warlick.

She needs to resign. Unbelievable how unprepared and poorly coached this team is. 3 in a row to Alabubba...embarrassing

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back