Showdown with Connecticut

lvocd

Venting here. At this moment I'm feeling like t's too bad Tennessee can't get a 16 seed in Connecticut's bracket to get this season over with once and for all.

If Tennessee played CT I have serious doubts that our ladies would score more than 40, and very well could score under that.

Before you say, "That's crazy!," let me remind everyone how long Auriemma has waited to put the ultimate beatdown on Tennessee after all the embarrassment of "Mayagate."

He will have his team so fired up that their already extra-ordinary pressure defense will be even stronger as they attempt to break another record, that being the team to allow the least number of points in a game.

And then their well-oiled offense will eat Tennessee alive with one after another successful pick-and-roll, or back-door cut, wide-open three or just plain beating our guards off the dribble.

The intention for Connecticut will be to put the most embarrassing loss in history on Tennessee, and I could see that happening.

Vindictive Geno has waited many years for the chance, and it's going to be embarrassing to UT if it happens. But maybe if it does happen it could help in some ways. :ermm:

Reactions: 7 people
Venting here. At this moment I'm feeling like t's too bad Tennessee can't get a 16 seed in Connecticut's bracket to get this season over with once and for all.

If Tennessee played CT I have serious doubts that our ladies would score more than 40, and very well could score under that.

Before you say, "That's crazy!," let me remind everyone how long Auriemma has waited to put the ultimate beatdown on Tennessee after all the embarrassment of "Mayagate."

He will have his team so fired up that their already extra-ordinary pressure defense will be even stronger as they attempt to break another record, that being the team to allow the least number of points in a game.

And then their well-oiled offense will eat Tennessee alive with one after another successful pick-and-roll, or back-door cut, wide-open three or just plain beating our guards off the dribble.

The intention for Connecticut will be to put the most embarrassing loss in history on Tennessee, and I could see that happening.

Vindictive Geno has waited many years for the chance, and it's going to be embarrassing to UT if it happens. But maybe if it does happen it could help in some ways. :ermm:

Would that be called a showdown?

...The intention for Connecticut will be to put the most embarrassing loss in history on Tennessee, and I could see that happening. . . .

The intention for us would be to put a stop to his win streak.
Dr. Jeckyll might show up for that one.

This would actually be the perfect scenario.

They have absolutely nothing to lose? Pride? Pfff, that's all gone. Lesser teams no longer fear them. Streaks? Those are all broken too. Literally the worst thing that can happen is that UConn will paste them along the lines of what they did to MSU last year, except even worse.

But there is the 1% chance that they bring their A+ game and break a winning streak for the ages. They owe it to women's basketball to be up for the challenge.

Reactions: 3 people
This would actually be the perfect scenario.

They have absolutely nothing to lose? Pride? Pfff, that's all gone. Lesser teams no longer fear them. Streaks? Those are all broken too. Literally the worst thing that can happen is that UConn will paste them along the lines of what they did to MSU last year, except even worse.

But there is the 1% chance that they bring their A+ game and break a winning streak for the ages. They owe it to women's basketball to be up for the challenge.

They won't be. This team just does not have the mentality it takes to compete game in and game out. This team is mentally weak, they can not keep the level out intensity it takes to be a good team. If we win 1 game in the tournament we will be lucky, and even if we look great one night it never carries over. It's Holly's job to get the best out of them effort wise night in and night out. Sure everyone has a bad game no and then but not every other game. It's time to get another coach. GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people
When is the last time we played UConn. I think one of the few good things about the last few seasons is that we've avoided UConn in the NCAA and thus avoided getting our soft, underachieving butts handed to us by the huskies. We'd be embarrassed--and UConn isn't nearly has good this year as its been in recent years. Warlick vs. Geno: If it were a fight they'd stop it in the first round.

Reactions: 3 people
That's the beauty. They can win Rd 1 in triple Ot while shooting 25% from the floor, then look like the best team in the country next game out.

Even if my fantasy scenario did play out, I'd fully expect them to lose their next game. But what an end to the season it would be if they could just let the stars align for that 40 minutes should they find themselves in Stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UConn could play with everyone shooting with their other hand and still win by double digits.

Reactions: 4 people
If playing UConn would get her fired I say let it be! I just feel bad for the team. They are talented young ladies that have never been coached!!

Tennessee currently has a three game win streak over UConn, one of the few great things Pat left us that Holly hasn't ruined (but still time)....

lol, Connecticut is shaking in their boots. They might only beat us by 30.

The intention for us would be to put a stop to his win streak.
Dr. Jeckyll might show up for that one.

Isn't that Mr Hyde. The crazy one? I can't remember. But, yeah, whichever would have to. Let's just pray that such a thing never occurs.

That's the beauty. They can win Rd 1 in triple Ot while shooting 25% from the floor, then look like the best team in the country next game out.

Even if my fantasy scenario did play out, I'd fully expect them to lose their next game. But what an end to the season it would be if they could just let the stars align for that 40 minutes should they find themselves in Stores.

This kind of optimism would make Zig Zieglar or Tony Robbins blush with embarrassment at their own woeful unworthiness. :eek:lol:

This kind of optimism would make Zig Zieglar or Tony Robbins blush with embarrassment at their own woeful unworthiness. :eek:lol:

Hey, I said it's a fantasy. I don't want them to stumble their way to the E8 and lose again to a team they are more talented than.

Go big or go home.

When is the last time we played UConn. I think one of the few good things about the last few seasons is that we've avoided UConn in the NCAA and thus avoided getting our soft, underachieving butts handed to us by the huskies. We'd be embarrassed--and UConn isn't nearly has good this year as its been in recent years. Warlick vs. Geno: If it were a fight they'd stop it in the first round.

Don't remember the year but I'm pretty sure we won the last 3 games against UConn.

While I sit here wondering what just happened, I read this post. If possible, I am more depressed than I was 10 minutes ago.
Is this what we have become? I can't tell if the OP and some of the following posts are just more concerned with getting the season over as quickly as possible or is it more important to get a dig in on Geno/UCon.
Surely we have better things to wish for?
I for one remember the Red Sox coming from being down 0-3 to the friggin Yankees and not only coming back to win the AL pennant but also sweeping the World Series. Hey, it can happen. We are going to get into the tournament (something I wasn't so sure of a while ago). Once there anything can happen.
Who knows, we might even break someone's 'awesome' winning streak.

10 seconds in!

VN Store

Back