Who will John Currie hire?

Which Sport?

I mean we have several different programs that are not preforming up to the expectations that have been set in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
You can be a friend and still do your job. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. What's next? since we can't get much lower.

One good thing to remember holly will not under any circumstances lose but one more this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thud::peace2::mf_surrender::boobies:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm posting a letter to Currie tomorrow with my recommendation. I understand it's not worth much but I've done some research and one current collegiate coach jumps out at me as a potentially tremendous hire. I'm not going to name the individual, but if I were in Currie's position, I'd be trying to hire this coach tomorrow. Total package--and a tiny, subtle connection to Summitt (that's my hint).

Reactions: 2 people
After hiring a new women's BB coach, Currie needs to hire a new volleyball coach. Patrick has been around a long time and is not a good recruiter.

She will be coming back next year, and she deserves that. It's not like they have not shown glimpses on what they CAN do, it's just been extremely inconsistent this year. You can tell there is stretches in a game where depth isn't there. How do you fix that? 1st step would be recruiting and you can't do better than what is coming to Ktown, #1 in America, even better than UConn.

Now, why she deserves it, Her name (and retired jersey) give her a little longer rope, and it should. The TRUTH is she isn't far off, throw this year away. No final 4 since 2008 and you can tell the program had started to slip a little in that time. But, you can't get closer to a Final 4 than Elite 8, to which she's done 4x (including 2012 bc she was the one coaching). With depth coming, only a matter of time.

Last, Pat handpicked her for a reason, Pat knew more than anyone what it took to be great (coaching, recruiting, etc). You aren't going to hire someone with Hollys credentials if you do fire her (3 SEC, 4 Elite 8). Summitt's protégés have had mixed results, none match Holly's.

Only slam dunk would be Geno. Do you want Geno?
Otherwise, who would you hire?

Reactions: 2 people
She will be coming back next year, and she deserves that. It's not like they have not shown glimpses on what they CAN do, it's just been extremely inconsistent this year. You can tell there is stretches in a game where depth isn't there. How do you fix that? 1st step would be recruiting and you can't do better than what is coming to Ktown, #1 in America, even better than UConn.

Now, why she deserves it, Her name (and retired jersey) give her a little longer rope, and it should. The TRUTH is she isn't far off, throw this year away. No final 4 since 2008 and you can tell the program had started to slip a little in that time. But, you can't get closer to a Final 4 than Elite 8, to which she's done 4x (including 2012 bc she was the one coaching). With depth coming, only a matter of time.

Last, Pat handpicked her for a reason, Pat knew more than anyone what it took to be great (coaching, recruiting, etc). You aren't going to hire someone with Hollys credentials if you do fire her (3 SEC, 4 Elite 8). Summitt's protégés have had mixed results, none match Holly's.

Of course we would want Geno! He is the GOAT.

I'd take Pat over Geno, but Geno is the GOAT active coach.

We ran off cuonzo for less. We want to run off Jones for less. She stepped into a great job and has ran in it into mediocrity among good teams.

Referencing holly. Just realized I didn't say who I was talking about.

Last edited:
but any one can do that. most of his time is spent balancing the books. trying to make sure the check book does not run out of money and putting out forest fires. when you look at the problems the department is facing in all sports over the next 3 years Fulmer got spared a lot of ugly duty. i could see them letting ever coach and staff go over the next 36 months. none is doing good.. Fulmer wanted the job but he is to good of a person for what is needed . this is a job for a butcher.

Gonna be tough for Currie to figure out who to fire. The HCs in UT's top three revenue sports have had one embarrassing loss after another this year. Fans are tired of watching UT choke away winnable games against less talented teams. Might as well line up the hot seats and draw rocks to see who survives.

Reactions: 3 people

That is just silly, Summit had won multiple NC's. Holly Warlick has done next to nothing here. There is already a lot of heavily recruited, highly rated talent on the roster. She has shown nothing to suggest that she is going to do any better with more talent. UT making the elite 8 was a let down under Summit, not something to be cheered. Not to mention, she won the NC in 2008 something you conveniently left off.

SEC Records last 10 years:
2007 15-0 NC CPS
2008 13-1 NC CPS
2009 9-5 1st round NCAA CPS
2010 15-1 Sweet 16 CPS
2011 16-0 Elite 8 CPS
2012 12-4 Elite 8 CPS
2013 14-2 Elite 8 CHW
2014 13-3 Sweet 16 CHW
2015 15-1 Elite 8 CHW
2016 8-8 Elite 8 CHW
2017 10-6 CHW

The last 5 season under Summit which were arguably her worst, her total number of SEC losses was 11. It included 2 Final Fours and 2 NC's. The first 5 seasons under Warlick she has amassed 20 SEC losses, with zero final fours.

I'm posting a letter to Currie tomorrow with my recommendation. I understand it's not worth much but I've done some research and one current collegiate coach jumps out at me as a potentially tremendous hire. I'm not going to name the individual, but if I were in Currie's position, I'd be trying to hire this coach tomorrow. Total package--and a tiny, subtle connection to Summitt (that's my hint).

Now that there is finally an AD in place, I think LV fans would be wise to let him know their opinion of Holly early and often. Currie was here during the program's pinnacle through the Meek three-peat. Hopefully he has an understanding of the expectations here....

Holly will get more time ppl her record and recruiting class says so she will be ther atleast next three years as no coach has done what she done as a first time head coach now that does not mean she can have another season like this. But if she get to an elite eight or sweet sixteen she gets time for sure. As we are now in Oregon state which is a great place for us

Holly has to have better regular season and what video did they show if Mercedes Russell hugging someone

Of course we would want Geno! He is the GOAT.

I'd take Pat over Geno, but Geno is the GOAT active coach.

You might want Geno but you can't speak for the entire fan base. Speak for yourself when you post, OK? BTW, Holly will be here next year.

Reactions: 7 people
Now that there is finally an AD in place, I think LV fans would be wise to let him know their opinion of Holly early and often. Currie was here during the program's pinnacle through the Meek three-peat. Hopefully he has an understanding of the expectations here....

You are right. I'll send him a letter of support for Holly in the morning.

Reactions: 5 people
Gonna be tough for Currie to figure out who to fire. The HCs in UT's top three revenue sports have had one embarrassing loss after another this year. Fans are tired of watching UT choke away winnable games against less talented teams. Might as well line up the hot seats and draw rocks to see who survives.

Silly.

While always having sentimental support for Kellie Harper (who is having success at Missouri State) and intrigued by out-of-the-box possibilities such as Becky Hammon, this coach caught my eye when watching MO State yesterday:

Drake University Athletics - 2016-17 Women's Basketball Coaching Staff

Jennie Baranczk

i

She has built a strong program at Drake (currently ranked #22) and has proven to be a strong recruiter (past three MVC Frosh of Year players with another one likely this year). Drake runs a good offense and features strong fundamentals. I was impressed by them, although Harper's team was only down by two with a little over a minute left after Drake had demolished them earlier in the season.

Big knock is a relatively weak schedule compared to what UT faces yearly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back