Kidding ourselves

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
There's a difference folks. If we put Butch on the hot seat for losing to Vandy, the Holly needs to go after 3 losses to a Bama team that is way way way way way WAY less talented. Absolutely sickening.

Reactions: 8 people
There's a difference folks. If we put Butch on the hot seat for losing to Vandy, the Holly needs to go after 3 losses to a Bama team that is way way way way way WAY less talented. Absolutely sickening.

Wrong Butch is not on the hot seat.

Reactions: 7 people
Butch isn't on the hot seat yet, and doesn't deserve to be no matter how maddening some of his cliches are. The football situation is entirely irrelevant to this matter.

Holly should have been gone yesterday. To take arguably the top women's brand in all of collegiate sports to a team that is losing...in the first round of their conference tournament. That takes true neglect. When was the last time we were even Top 10? Legitimately, not just because we're Tennessee. I won't view another game until Holly is canned, not because I don't care, but because I care too much to subject myself to it.

Reactions: 8 people
leave butch alone, he inherited a bad program, Holly just lost to bammer in the sec tourney, she best turn it around next year

Reactions: 1 person
The new AD certainly had to submit completely to the "Honor Pat with endless coaching mediocrity" / "March in the Streets & summon the State legislature" crowd, in order to get the job. His hands will be tied while these folks sort there feelings out over the next 5-7 years.

BlueHalo is right. These people are sinking THE (well 2b fair, along w UConn) premier WCBB in the nation. It's hard for humans to become properly visionary after they become emotionally tied to personalities. The great CPS would have never settled for this kind of measurable collapse over the course of years. But, like many Christians, many of Pat's most dedicated disciples have taken on a mindset strangely contrary to the one who inspires them. Unfortunately, they control the AD and this $ituation.

If we don't get some visionary leadership to take over the brand, then we are looking at the very real possibility of the great brand that Pat built slipping into a upper-middle of the pack reality. I'm not holding out much immediate hope from our new AD, just because of how these things usually work. I would love to be wrong.

leave butch alone, he inherited a bad program, Holly just lost to bammer in the sec tourney, she best turn it around next year

Night & Day difference. Polar opposite trajectories between those two. You are correct. :good!:

We must face reality, no matter how many 5 stars Holly recruits, her coaching is still going to suck.

Reactions: 5 people
Butch isn't on the hot seat yet, and doesn't deserve to be no matter how maddening some of his cliches are. The football situation is entirely irrelevant to this matter.

Holly should have been gone yesterday. To take arguably the top women's brand in all of collegiate sports to a team that is losing...in the first round of their conference tournament. That takes true neglect. When was the last time we were even Top 10? Legitimately, not just because we're Tennessee. I won't view another game until Holly is canned, not because I don't care, but because I care too much to subject myself to it.

good bye,have nice life,you were not a fan anyway.you jumped on ban wagon in 90's perhaps.well my aunt played lady vols on pat's 1st 2 teams can you name pats 1st team their names.i was D1 athlete we never blamed coach on losses.

Reactions: 2 people
The new AD certainly had to submit completely to the "Honor Pat with endless coaching mediocrity" / "March in the Streets & summon the State legislature" crowd, in order to get the job. His hands will be tied while these folks sort there feelings out over the next 5-7 years.

BlueHalo is right. These people are sinking THE (well 2b fair, along w UConn) premier WCBB in the nation. It's hard for humans to become properly visionary after they become emotionally tied to personalities. The great CPS would have never settled for this kind of measurable collapse over the course of years. But, like many Christians, many of Pat's most dedicated disciples have taken on a mindset strangely contrary to the one who inspires them. Unfortunately, they control the AD and this $ituation.

If we don't get some visionary leadership to take over the brand, then we are looking at the very real possibility of the great brand that Pat built slipping into a upper-middle of the pack reality. I'm not holding out much immediate hope from our new AD, just because of how these things usually work. I would love to be wrong.

i remember when pat didnt win title for 8 yrs n you so called lady vol fans said game past her by

Reactions: 5 people

I am sure we heard this for the last 2 years. Holly cant coach and she has proven that from day 1

Losing to Bama once is a coincidence...twice is a trend...3 times is a habit. Holly is establishing a lot of habits.

The administration no longer has an athletic goal of winning sports. They have found it is more rewarding and less pressure to balance the budget, produce middle of the road products, take the bowl, SEC network splits and run/laugh all the way to the bank. It will be Ok if we win, no problem, just no longer the focus. No pressure to fill the stadiums in order to be successful.

The administration no longer has an athletic goal of winning sports. They have found it is more rewarding and less pressure to balance the budget, produce middle of the road products, take the bowl, SEC network splits and run/laugh all the way to the bank. It will be Ok if we win, no problem, just no longer the focus. No pressure to fill the stadiums in order to be successful.

If you are interested, read this article about University athletic departments and their inability to balance a budget.

College athletic departments are taking in more money than ever – and spending it just as fast | The Washington Post

Bull**** he's not...you better keep up!

of course, with the media he might be, but reality...just no...having said that...a couple 5-7 years, and sure, anyone would be...but, ain't gonna happen, and, as always...

GO VOLS!

But you can't expect the fans to keep "coming out" if the teams don't win. I don't think vol fans will come from the many miles required (due to Knoxville location) knowing they will watch a middle of the road product. My guess is at least 1/3 of football fan base travel over 150 miles and spend more than $450 dollars to attend a game. Think they will keeping showing up week in week out for middle of the road? That's close to $2,000,000 per game for tickets. That will get any administration's attention. Now as to basketball, hell even the students are already staying away. (both for men and women).

Middle of the road ain't gonna get it.

Bull**** and I do keep up. He is not.

Then you are not keeping up very well. Do you not know how many players were lost to injury during the season last year after the fired the strength and conditioning coach and didn't replace him? He has not even won the SEC. Butch is most definitely on the hot seat - that's why he's made all these staff changes and hired Gullickson as Director of S&C. He knows...this next season is do or die for Butch.

VN Store

Back