Is Lady Vols Legacy Over?

Vol4Real

Vol in DC
When Alabama (the elepahants) beat us every year in footfall I used to be able to say "At least we have Lady Vols Basketball." But now we have lost to them 4 consecutive games. WTH! Also, we have lost every winning streak that Coach Summitt started. The UT mystique is now over. The one last chance Holly has before Volnation start to burn mattresses is to make the Final Four. Otherwise, John Currie's first decision is to fire Holly and hire a HC that know X's and O's and motivate players.

Reactions: 19 people
When Alabama (the elepahants) beat us every year in footfall I used to be able to say "At least we have Lady Vols Basketball." But now we have lost to them 4 consecutive games. WTH! Also, we have lost every winning streak that Coach Summitt started. The UT mystique is now over. The one last chance Holly has before Volnation start to burn mattresses is to make the Final Four. Otherwise, John Currie's first decision is to fire Holly and hire a HC that know X's and O's and motivate players.

Yes. We can now join Old Dominion and Louisiana Tech. Former greats who are mediocre at best.

Reactions: 25 people

We are an afterthought nationally. As long as Holly is here, we will join the LA Tech and ODU ranks.

The damage she's done to this program reminds me of another La Tech coach.....

Reactions: 14 people
:rock:With the lost in the first round of the SEC tournament that is a total embarrassment to the UT legacy. Fire CHW now and hire T. Catchings as a replacement. With her resume both at UT and the WNBA she has plenty experiences to get the job done.

Reactions: 4 people
good stop watching them then if you have this much loyality.holly has #1 recruiting class n looking good 2019 and i've been watching them 35 yrs and will stand up for them.i'm just pissed as anyone else but 1st thing you guys do cut n run on them.

Reactions: 3 people

GoLadyVols!:rock:

good stop watching them then if you have this much loyality.holly has #1 recruiting class n looking good 2019 and i've been watching them 35 yrs and will stand up for them.i'm just pissed as anyone else but 1st thing you guys do cut n run on them.

As long as Holly is the coach, it doesn't matter how good the recruits are.

If Holly grilled out like the coached, she'd turn filet mignon into beef jerky

itdoesntmatter.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

She sucks, she'll underachieve with 10 #1 recruiting classes

Reactions: 17 people
No we will be coming back strong next season if Diamond stays. Green will rebound the ball and Davis will stroke the threes we'll destroy Alabama and all these terrible SEC teams.

Don't know if you noticed it, but the interview shown before the game gave us a hint that DD is out of here. Then we lost, ignominiously. She's out.

Mercedes would be very poorly advised to leave, as she is not WNBA material.

Reactions: 4 people

Were not running on them. What makes you think she can do anything different with the no 1 recruiting class, the woman can't coach. Open your eyes

Reactions: 11 people
Can't blame DD if she leaves.. Holly could have 1-5 top girls every year and still not be able to win a championship. I Love and have loved the Lady Vols since my first game in 83 Season ticket holder for 25 years. I shed tears now for what was once a amazing team that teams where scared of. We have a coach that doesn't know how to coach when they have won it was the girls playing together. Holly doesn't know how to do this. Heck probably 80% could have done the job she did this year ha ha but sad. Holly needs to go!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 people
UT returns 4 of 5 starters from this season (provided DeShields and Russell stays), and the lone senior they lose will be replaced by Te'a Cooper. They also bring in the #1 class which has great talent in it. UT would arguably have one of the most deepest and talented rosters in WCBB next season.

It could just be the start of a legacy reboot.....

:rock:With the lost in the first round of the SEC tournament that is a total embarrassment to the UT legacy. Fire CHW now and hire T. Catchings as a replacement. With her resume both at UT and the WNBA she has plenty experiences to get the job done.

I like Tamika but not as an inexperienced head coach.

I think it should be an ultimatum year for Holly because if she can't win with the players she'll have back really should replace her. I know she is coming back so no need to waste a post talking about other coaches but hopefully the AD will be watching next season carefully and doing what is necessary if she again fails to win against the weaker teams.

Reactions: 2 people
I imagine that DD or MR will want to cut their losses and move on. The negativity will be miserable and it's not going away.

And you really think Tamika could do worse than Holly?

I never said a thing about how she might perform relative to Warlick. I asked why would you hire someone to do a job that they have said they do not want to do. You can answer that question or avoid it, the choice is yours.

It was over when they hired Holly Dooley! 28 years at Pat's side...and learned nothing! I don't think she could find her way out of a closet with doors on all 4 walls! She has the motivation talents of a tree...let's players pretty much do whatever they want to do...resulting in an abundance of individual effort and little true team work...one on one and hell with the other 4 teammates.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's take a look at next year roster since y'all so eager too.
Returning:
PG with bad decision making skills
Guard with terrible ball handling skills
Guard with a terrible shot
Wing with no mid range game or defense
Wing that gets herself in foul trouble too often
Post that's not developed
Post that haven't played a sec of D1 basketball
Four players that would not have played against college competition or speed.

Let's take a look at next year roster since y'all so eager too.
Returning:
PG with bad decision making skills
Guard with terrible ball handling skills
Guard with a terrible shot
Wing with no mid range game or defense
Wing that gets herself in foul trouble too often
Post that's not developed
Post that haven't played a sec of D1 basketball
Four players that would not have played against college competition or speed.

Is Cooper #1 or #2?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back