It's Time To Get A Real Coach

hokievol12

Hire Curry! 3 straight losses to a team that should never even challenge Tennessee! Anyone would be better than the crap we have now! this is beyond sad! This team was NOT ready to play today! That's on the head coaches shoulders! You sunshine pumpers should run and hide somewhere because this coach will never get it done!

Reactions: 9 people
I agree Holly didn't have her team properly prepared, but this team has no heart, overrated talent and the lowest iq in program history.

Reactions: 5 people
STFU You only post when they lose. Holly ran good offense if you watch, the players did not make shots or rebound.

Reactions: 10 people
Can we keep this down to 1 thread PLEASE.....everyone just express your hate for Holly here. Let's not create 4 or 5 more threads saying the same thing.

Reactions: 4 people
Definitely time to replace Holly! She didn't have this team ready after beating Mississippi State by 18 points!🤔😳😮😱😬 Lady Vols will get a #7 seed at best in WNCAA but maybe #8 or #9. They might win 1st round but won't make sweet 16.

Reactions: 3 people
She is the Derek Dooley of Women's Basketball coaches. The fall isn't quite as steep and it took her longer but she has killed a legendary program. I never thought I'd see the day when the Lady Vols were an afterthought program nationally.

Reactions: 14 people
It's time to get some real guards. Reynolds, Jackson, Middleton all non-entities in the second half while Alabama's guards had a field day. Almost 50 points in the second half by their guards.

Love Holly, I've met her many times and she is one of the nicest persons you will ever meet and I appreciate the love she has for UT over the years...However she is not a good head coach and I highly doubt she ever will be...Watching this team fail so often to teams they never lose to just kills me inside...She needs to be replaced with a coach with a pedigree for winning.

Reactions: 16 people
Watch the ENTIRE game TN had wide open shots and layups that they missed

I mean sooooooo many wide open shots and we could not make a basket and started pressing instead of getting to the rim and the freshman forward we did not shot fake and go to rim we fade she blocks

Would that it were so simple. One has to be concerned that the competitive drive of many of the current players has really diminished. To recover, a new coach may have to be an absolute terror. Would we hire/accept a coach who barely tolerates the fan base, despises the media, and turns the air blue on the sideline (like Geno)? Or, perhaps one that can coach up a storm, recruit well, but is seriously, ethically challenged (Calipari).

Somewhat to our detriment, Pat brought all of the good qualities while minimizing the bad. That's a standard that will be hard, maybe impossible, to fully replace.

Reactions: 1 person
Watch the ENTIRE game TN had wide open shots and layups that they missed

OK, so then if players keep missing all game long (and all season long), can't rebound, can't box out...then the coach isn't recruiting at a high enough level.

Can't have it both ways. If the coach is getting out coached, it's on the coach. If the players aren't performing at the level Tennessee Lady Vol players should be performing at, it's on the coach for either a) recruiting subpar talent, or b) not having a proper practice and training plan in place for them to succeed as athletes.

Which one is it?

Tennessee was missing most shots bc they were contested shots. Alabama clogged the lane and were forcing those misses, but yet Tennessee kept forcing it in, so that is on Holly bc she did not make an adjustment. Meanwhile bama made adjustments, took and hit their 3's. Holly got outcoached, simple as that..congrats to bama. I will say that some of tennessee's players have hoorible basketball iq. For example, russell draped with defenders under the basket, but still attempts to make a almost impossible shot, meanwhile 3 lady vols are wide open outside

Last edited:
Can we keep this down to 1 thread PLEASE.....everyone just express your hate for Holly here. Let's not create 4 or 5 more threads saying the same thing.

My sentiments, exactly. There is no need to start 57 threads. Just put all your Holly hate here. I hope the moderator will merge them.

Reactions: 2 people
Deshields 4-14 .286% (Number One pick in WNBA Draft?)

Russell 7-15 .467%

Nared 5-13 .385%

Furthermore, it's the coaches job to put players in a scheme that makes them successful. At 30 games there should be no surprise that we don't shoot well....and after several years of terrible basketball and extremely talented recruits we should be smart enough to know it might be the coach.

Reactions: 6 people
Furthermore, it's the coaches job to put players in a scheme that makes them successful. At 30 games there should be no surprise that we don't shoot well....and after several years of terrible basketball and extremely talented recruits we should be smart enough to know it might be the coach.

They had wide open shots , Now not defending holly at all. we should have done better but we are missing lay ups open shots Mercedes is missing shots in front of the rim and letting a freshman out play her . That should never happen

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back