Amanda Butler

lvocd

I would love to see what she could do with a roster full of McDonald's All-Americans. I have always been impressed by her huddles, and her teams always play hard for her. Then today one of the announcers mentioned how impressive Florida's practice session had been...how efficiently they were run without wasting valuable time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Let's face it, Holly needs a good run in the SEC tournament and then a better run in the NCAA tournament to get some respect back from this fan base. I for one think she is a decent coach and good recruiter but she is not a top tier coach from what I have seen of the team she puts on the floor.

Reactions: 2 people
I would love to see what she could do with a roster full of McDonald's All-Americans. I have always been impressed by her huddles, and her teams always play hard for her. Then today one of the announcers mentioned how impressive Florida's practice session had been...how efficiently they were run without wasting valuable time.

I agree. She appears focused and ready to get her team to fight in order to win. I saw most of that today in her win against Arkansas.

If Florida still had Christinaki (sp) I think they would had been in the top 3 of the SEC, she made them so much better. But with Ronni Williams The Gators are still formidable. Williams is fun to watch because she's a playmaker that loves to get in the mix on both ends.

Stay tune tomorrow when Florida plays Texas A&M! This might be a really good game if Ronni & The Gators come out fired up and ready to go. The Aggies will have their hands full.

She has been at Florida 12 years..... hasnt she proven by now that she is a worse coach then Holly

I figured Butler was a good target to get fired after the season. She should be able to recruit better at florida hasn't and really doesn't have much coming back next season. I would say her days at Florida are numbered if they care anything about women's basketball at all.

She has been at Florida 12 years..... hasnt she proven by now that she is a worse coach then Holly

I don't think she is worse than Holly and she sure has not had the talent Holly has had to work with. Florida has gone through some good coaches who just could not get them over the hump I think. Demoss and Carolyn Peck I think are two of those. Not a Holly basher myself but she needs to pick it up in order to get in the top half of best coaches in the SEC!:mf_surrender:

Butler teams do play hard but it's her job to recruit and she can't and when you have talent players they think different than an 3 star recruit ijs

I don't think she is worse than Holly and she sure has not had the talent Holly has had to work with. Florida has gone through some good coaches who just could not get them over the hump I think. Demoss and Carolyn Peck I think are two of those. Not a Holly basher myself but she needs to pick it up in order to get in the top half of best coaches in the SEC!:mf_surrender:

How is she not worse? Her greatest season is the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.... Holly has made 3 elite eights.... Holly is not Pat but she is improving in figuring out what it takes to bring us back to the level we all desire.... I wouldn't mind an upgrade but Amanda is way down the list from Holly..... Holly is already in the top half of coaches in the SEC.

Reactions: 4 people
How is she not worse? Her greatest season is the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.... Holly has made 3 elite eights.... Holly is not Pat but she is improving in figuring out what it takes to bring us back to the level we all desire.... I wouldn't mind an upgrade but Amanda is way down the list from Holly..... Holly is already in the top half of coaches in the SEC.

That is pure BS!! IMHO and not one of these have the talent we do. Some will say Staley but not on a yearly basis.
My list:
Shaeffer
Blair
Staley
Pingeton
Mitchell
White
Holly
McCray
Curry
Butler
Taylor
Flournoy
Dykes:loco::loco:

Last edited:

Holly is "improving in figuring out what it takes to bring us back..." Seriously? I want to laugh. Warlick has been coaching for 30 years, she is nearly 60 years old, she's been head coach for, what now, five or six (LONG) years. We have top 5 (national) starting talent)--and yet we lost 10 games--count 'em--and are seeded 5th in the SEC tourney, following our 7 seed last year. Warlick is not improving and is not going to improve. She is what she is--a third-tier coach.

That is pure BS!! IMHO and not one of these have the talent we do. Some will say Staley but not on a yearly basis.
My list:
Shaeffer
Blair
Staley
Pingeton
Mitchell
White
Holly
McCray
Curry
Butler
Taylor
Flournoy

Here is where bias comes into play.... Pingeton? Seriously? She has made 2 NCAA tourney in 7 years and never made it past the second round... I would put Holly 3rd behind Stanley and close to 2nd with Blair.... Schaefer is close to Holly but not enough of a resume yet.

Holly is "improving in figuring out what it takes to bring us back..." Seriously? I want to laugh. Warlick has been coaching for 30 years, she is nearly 60 years old, she's been head coach for, what now, five or six (LONG) years. We have top 5 (national) starting talent)--and yet we lost 10 games--count 'em--and are seeded 5th in the SEC tourney, following our 7 seed last year. Warlick is not improving and is not going to improve. She is what she is--a third-tier coach.

I disagree.... I feel like the program was running into the ground and she made difficult changes to help bring us back last off season.... the changes we made helped lead us to the number one recruiting class in the country and looks like a very strong start for next year.... the offense and defense also seems to have improved.... our problem this year is we have 3 good players and the rest on several occasions don't contribute much at all...if one of our big three has an off night, we have a hard time winning. The injury to Tea hurt us immensely.... Those aren't excuses as it's 100% Holly's fault for getting us in that position but she has tried to correct as trying to recruit a different style of player that will hopefully lead to improved results in the future.

Holly still has training wheels on as head coach. JMO

I hope for great things in tourney, but do not expect it

Holly still has training wheels on as head coach. JMO

I hope for great things in tourney, but do not expect it

I'm not expecting it this year although we have the potential.... I do expect it in a year or two depending on the makeup of our roster.

My list:
Shaeffer
Blair
Staley
Pingeton
Mitchell
White
Holly
McCray
Curry
Butler
Taylor
Flournoy

I call BS on that one. With the exception of Gary Blair Holly beat all the ones you have ahead of her!!!

I call BS on that one. With the exception of Gary Blair Holly beat all the ones you have ahead of her!!!

Oh she has lost to most if not all above her as well as well as most all the ones below her. You need to clean off the orange colored glasses. I would take Shaeffer any day. Again I like Holly and she has started to let her assistants help her along. Remember she only has 30+ years of experience.

Oh she has lost to most if not all above her as well as well as most all the ones below her. You need to clean off the orange colored glasses. I would take Shaeffer any day. Again I like Holly and she has started to let her assistants help her along. Remember she only has 30+ years of experience.

NM

Well looks like Holly lost again to another below her in the SEC best coaches listing , by the way for the 3rd straight and record setting winning streak for the great Alabuma Lady crimson turds!!!
If holly is second best in the SEC according to you, I would get you would be 3rd if you were coaching!!!:boobies:

VN Store

Back