New article on Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

"What do you want out of your college career?

I want to be remembered as a great teammate. And I want to be part of bringing Tennessee back to prominence. I want my name to be behind it when people talk about the Warlick era. What player, what team was the catalyst to that era’s success? I want it to be me and my team"

Diamond must prove it now. March Madness is here.
Here's her shot. Lead the team onto victory!

Great article. This quote from Diamond bodes well for the Lady Vols on whether female athletes should leave early...
It’s just not smart [for women] right now. … For now, college basketball is the biggest platform, not professional.

Reactions: 2 people
I just love her...and read her responses to the questions in my head in her voice! So glad DD is a Lady Vol! 💙🍊🏀

DD picked UT because of our basketball tradition, but in terms of her political and social awarness, wow, she picked the wrong region. Should have transferred to Stanford.

Reactions: 6 people
DD picked UT because of our basketball tradition, but in terms of her political and social awarness, wow, she picked the wrong region. Should have transferred to Stanford.

Im for one glad she chose UT. Just think how many championships and wins UT would have if many who more than likely share her opinion chose other institutions... probably not very many

Tennessee should be very good next year if DD stays (it looks like she is). If not, Holly has to go. Hopefully, this Currie guy sees that.

Tennessee should be very good next year if DD stays (it looks like she is). If not, Holly has to go. Hopefully, this Currie guy sees that.

I would not take that quote as a definite sign that DD is returning for her redshirt 5th season. She was asked about players coming out early as in the men's game. If DD goes pro after this season, like Candace Parker before her, she is technically not leaving early but going out with her scheduled graduating class.

I am not sure if she is on pace to graduate this semester but she is probably not more than a semester away, which she could easily complete in the off WNBA season.

As much as I hope DD will stay, her comments make me feel she will most likely leave after this year. Interesting that some of you have a different take from the same article.

Reactions: 1 person
Is it because many of the fans are older white people watching primarily African-American women play basketball?

It’s just the culture here. Any type of change is kind of unwanted, almost. Even when we wore our “Smokey Grey” uniforms [a change from the traditional orange], they didn’t like that. Our warm-up music. We listen to rap, and once the doors open, it changes. Why does it have to be that way? It’s just music. … I love our fans. They are die-hard for us. They support us through all these ups and downs. But there are aspects of being a player here, it can be hard, BASED ON THE RACIAL UNDERTONES WE HAVE HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I do not see the issue and why do ppl care what they were as long as they look great and like women

What music do they come out with and I love the gray uniforms.. I wish we could wear orange as a home game one day

because it's sounds awful?

Lol! All rap those not sound terrible. Some rap songs actually have messages and tell life stories and struggles. I guess it's a culture thing. Majority of African Americans listen to Rap, R&B and Gospel music.

Please...just stop. This is absurd.

I can see why she thinks there would be racial undertones... maybe she should just shut up, not speak up, play ball, and then return to the fields! 🙄 The few people like that overshadow the many great UT fans! Thank you T_Vol for being a true fan!

Lucky for Diamond she won't ever have to worry about an opportunity to go to the White House....

WNBA champions go to the White House too... so never say never. I think your remark was supposed to be something like " well lucky for diamond she won't have to worry about going to the White House while here at UT" because you can't say she won't make it as a WNBA player. Also lucky for her that her family has money and she will probably get some decent endorsements. So I'm sure she is not really worried :) so yea lucky her LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back