governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
ALABAMA OR VANDERBILT
Date: Thursday, Mar. 2, 2017
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the

SEC Network

you can stream it here

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

I'm not sure where you can listen at,nothing is showing on UTs website

I'll keep all games in this thread,so keep up :)

it is SEC Tournament time for the Lady Vols :good!: time to keep it together and play with heart,intensity and that Orange and White pride

keep the turnovers down,play great Defense and be consistent on Offense,I know you have it in you :thumbsup:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 7 people
ALABAMA OR VANDERBILT
Date: Thursday, Mar. 2, 2017
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the

SEC Network

you can stream it here

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

I'm not sure where you can listen at,nothing is showing on UTs website

I'll keep all games in this thread,so keep up :)

it is SEC Tournament time for the Lady Vols :good!: time to keep it together and play with heart,intensity and that Orange and White pride

keep the turnovers down,play great Defense and be consistent on Offense,I know you have it in you :thumbsup:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

I hope its bama

I hope we win as many as we can but our team doesn't have the depth to win a tourney like this. I expect if we win the first two we will be very fatigued going into game three. I hope we never see our team in this position again depth is very important to a basketball team.

Reactions: 1 person
I am hoping a win over bama/vandy then kentucky is enough to get them a 4 seed in the ncaa tournament..

Alabama drills Vandy 77-57.

I like the opportunity to play for some revenge rather than having to beat someone a third time, regardless of how terrible that team might be.

Reactions: 2 people
Charlie creme just said that even if the lady vols win the SEC tournament they still wouldnt be a 4 seed in the NCAA tourney. That's actually shocking considering all the top 10 wins they have and teams like U.K. Getting a 4 seed.

Charlie creme just said that even if the lady vols win the SEC tournament they still wouldnt be a 4 seed in the NCAA tourney. That's actually shocking considering all the top 10 wins they have and teams like U.K. Getting a 4 seed.

Wow. Seriously?! No way, the would have to be seeded higher.

I hope we win as many as we can but our team doesn't have the depth to win a tourney like this. I expect if we win the first two we will be very fatigued going into game three. I hope we never see our team in this position again depth is very important to a basketball team.

This team can win in this environment. Most of us coaches have had many tournaments with 8 girls.

This is "win or go" home basketball. This is like two AAU tourneys, back to back. No pool play. Just the playoff bracket.

You lose, bye bye.

It is going to take some smart coaching.

You can use your deep-bench players with a "definite number"... In games I had good leads (13+) I would put my deep bench in and give myself a number where I would automatically put the "that day gamer's" back in.

If I have a lead, I will try to go to an unexpected match-up or unusual "sets" and keep the other coach off balance. ((If I have a lead, I make a coach play chess with me,,, so my girls can play checkers)).

Rest them with timeouts if possible. Use all of your timeouts. The first two for strategy (or rests), the second two for a different strategy (or rests). . . . The best timeout that CHW called this season was the one with 26 seconds left going into halftime..... The girls were looking bad... Although that timeout seemed foolish, the girls went into that locker-room with their heads full of steam and their last memory off the floor, was of a stronger finish, instead of the spiral they were experiencing.

It is tournament time. That is what got these girls noticed in the first place. They know what to do.

We know what to do.

Other teams win tournaments only playing 6-7 players. Our issue isn't "depth". It's poor conditioning/attitude.

I don't think the LVs have ever won the SECT as a 5 seed. It will be a tough test.

They do have the talent and have shown glimpses of the team they could be but unfortunately we also know the team they can be on the other end of the spectrum. Unless some new switch has been flipped, I have a hard time imagining they put together 4 straight good games in the SEC or 6 straight in the NCAA. Just look at the season:

Tennessee Lady Vols Women's Basketball 2016-17 Schedule - Lady Vols Home and Away - ESPN

We have one 6 game winning streak that DID include wins against #10 Stanford and #17 Kentucky but the other 4 wins were largely cupcakes versus Appalachian St, Troy, UNC Wilmington, and Vandy. Instead of extending that streak, it was book-ended by losses to two ranked teams: Texas and Miss State.

The next longest winning streak was 4 and included a marquee South Carolina win but then 3 wins against unranked Vandy, Florida, and LSU. That streak was book-ended by losses to two UNRANKED teams: Auburn and Georgia.

Outside of those two streaks (6 and 4), they didn't manage any other winning streak more than 3 games. If you're looking to win a tournament conference or otherwise, that type of inconsistency makes it damn tough. All we can hope for is that they've learned something NOW they didn't learn all year long OR the other team helps us a little or a lot. Hopefully Alabama used a lot of their good mojo yesterday and runs out of gas tomorrow. Hopefully Kentucky comes out flat in their first game.

Reactions: 2 people
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. The attendance today was 3,507. That was a little more than I expected. I've already run into a couple of people we usually see at the tourney.

The Florida-Arkansas game was a decent game till the 4th quarter. I am amazed at how bad Vandy is now. All that WNBA experience on the sidelines isn't getting it done, yet.

If you folks are not here yet but still coming, be safe out there. The weather is pretty rough and just now starting to rain here in Greenville. Safe travels everyone and Go Lady Vols.

ESPN showed Gary Blair and a few Aggies assistants in the stands checking out the UF/Arky game. Looked like a fair amount of orange there already. Any Holly or LV sightings?

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. T I am amazed at how bad Vandy is now. All that WNBA experience on the sidelines isn't getting it done, yet.

I am so glad that the LVs get a rematch against Bama. I expect a very different result this time around!

Reactions: 3 people
DD played only four minutes and Jaime Nared sat out most of the first half in foul trouble at Bama. DD scored 0 points and Jaime only scored 4. That's why Bama won. Of all the commentators, only Nell Fortner seems to grasp that. The others keep harping on Bama beating UT twice in a row, stopping just short of calling for an upset. I think LVs win big.

They do have the talent and have shown glimpses of the team they could be but unfortunately we also know the team they can be on the other end of the spectrum. Unless some new switch has been flipped, I have a hard time imagining they put together 4 straight good games in the SEC or 6 straight in the NCAA. Just look at the season:

Tennessee Lady Vols Women's Basketball 2016-17 Schedule - Lady Vols Home and Away - ESPN

We have one 6 game winning streak that DID include wins against #10 Stanford and #17 Kentucky but the other 4 wins were largely cupcakes versus Appalachian St, Troy, UNC Wilmington, and Vandy. Instead of extending that streak, it was book-ended by losses to two ranked teams: Texas and Miss State.

The next longest winning streak was 4 and included a marquee South Carolina win but then 3 wins against unranked Vandy, Florida, and LSU. That streak was book-ended by losses to two UNRANKED teams: Auburn and Georgia.

Outside of those two streaks (6 and 4), they didn't manage any other winning streak more than 3 games. If you're looking to win a tournament conference or otherwise, that type of inconsistency makes it damn tough. All we can hope for is that they've learned something NOW they didn't learn all year long OR the other team helps us a little or a lot. Hopefully Alabama used a lot of their good mojo yesterday and runs out of gas tomorrow. Hopefully Kentucky comes out flat in their first game.

Nice analysis. Thank you.

DD played only four minutes and Jaime Nared sat out most of the first half in foul trouble at Bama. DD scored 0 points and Jaime only scored 4. That's why Bama won. Of all the commentators, only Nell Fortner seems to grasp that. The others keep harping on Bama beating UT twice in a row, stopping just short of calling for an upset. I think LVs win big.

I think a proverbial butt whipping for Bama is the order of tomorrows menu.

VN Store

Back