Sec tournament bracket

I'd ask when the men's bracket is coming out, but the way things are going lately, I'm not sure the Vols will even qualify for the SEC tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
how far do ya'll think the Lady Vols will go in the SEC Tournament ?

they need a couple of wins at least

They are very unpredictable as we all know. They could lose round 1 or cut the nets down. The biggest challenge with their lack of depth by sheer numbers. I'd say they will be gassed after 2 wins at most. Other teams will be fresh.

They are very unpredictable as we all know. They could lose round 1 or cut the nets down. The biggest challenge with their lack of depth by sheer numbers. I'd say they will be gassed after 2 wins at most. Other teams will be fresh.

What a season! In the sec tournament we have beaten every team ahead of us and lost five games to team below us????? What should/could have been!🤔

I think the Lady Vols have the players to win the SEC, however, my biggest fear is the Vanderbilts and the Auburns of the SEC. I personally think that the ladies will go as far as their motivation, desire and aggressiveness will allow them to go. I think that if somehow they can make it to the SEC Championship, they could at least earn a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament.

It should be a sad day for any real Vol fan--a 5th seed in the SEC tourney? Please: That's surely our lowest ever. Says a lot, I'm afraid....

Reactions: 4 people
If we get Alabama we be ready to compete and give them some revenge. The first game if we can play starters 29 to 30 mins that game we can get to sec tournament

what were we last year? We played on Thursday so we had to be 5 or lower.

The Lady Vols were a 7 seed last year, and played their first game on day two against (10) Arkansas. They defeated Arkansas then played and beat (2) A&M on day three. They then played (3) State on day four and lost, which set up the USC-State championship game.

Reactions: 3 people
I stand corrected! 5th seed is an improvement over our unheard of 7th seed last year. Warlick setting new standards of futility for the Vols.

m so upset with this team!! I unexpectedly have to go out of town to work and won't be back (Kingsport, TN) till 2 pm on Fri. I needed them to finish 3rd or 6th to get the most from my tickets to the SEC tourney. Now I have to hope and pray they make it till Saturday to see them. If they had placed 6th they would have played Fri. evening and I could have gotten there. They are determined to give me angst!!! I'm glad they won but geez!!:dunno:

The way we've played all season, it's entirely possible to be eliminated first game or win the SEC tournament. We could also lose first round of NCAA or make it to the championship game. They are so inconsistent. We can only hope the team that beat South Carolina, Notre Dame, Mississippi State, and Stanford shows up and not the one that lost to Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Auburn.

Also, the double bye is beyond stupid. I get it: the top seeds should be rewarded but damn, making a team have to win 5 straight games while another only has to win 3 is excessive. Give the top seeds a bye and an easier path and that's all you need to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
It will boil down to one simple thing making open shots. They did this yesterday. Jordan is key she can get her shot in the lane anytime over shorter players who guard her. She needs to be confident and average 10 points each game. The warts on this team being able to guard good players will happen can not fix this year. But they can make open shots.

It will boil down to one simple thing making open shots. They did this yesterday. Jordan is key she can get her shot in the lane anytime over shorter players who guard her. She needs to be confident and average 10 points each game. The warts on this team being able to guard good players will happen can not fix this year. But they can make open shots.

I generally disagree. Every team has good shooting days and bad shooting days. Back when Tennessee had their perfect season, I'm sure they had some off nights. What they really need to do EVERY game is take care of the basketball (less than 10 turnovers) AND play defense EVERY time the other team has the ball (no taking any possessions off). Those are things in their control EVERY game yet they always come back to turning it over or letting the other team have their way.

Unfortunately some days the ball doesn't go in the rim. You can offset that by making sure the other team doesn't get easy buckets AND by making the most of your possessions in that you don't hand the ball to the other team.

I generally disagree. Every team has good shooting days and bad shooting days. Back when Tennessee had their perfect season, I'm sure they had some off nights. What they really need to do EVERY game is take care of the basketball (less than 10 turnovers) AND play defense EVERY time the other team has the ball (no taking any possessions off). Those are things in their control EVERY game yet they always come back to turning it over or letting the other team have their way.

Unfortunately some days the ball doesn't go in the rim. You can offset that by making sure the other team doesn't get easy buckets AND by making the most of your possessions in that you don't hand the ball to the other team.

Indeed, winning games, consistently, requires that teams do many things well even when the shots are not falling.

But for this team, shooting % is a big factor. On their bad losses, they were often getting lots of good shots but missing lay-ups and clunking jumpers. Missed shots mean that players have to crash boards and if they don't get the rebound, they are then chasing back on transition defense. If you repeat that enough, the game becomes helter skelter and the short bench/fatigue factor takes it toll. Also, in open court situations, our players who are lacking in lateral quickness are exposed more easily. When the shots drop, however, no transition breaks and the defense can get set, which plays to the LVs strengths. Plus, when you are scoring, defense feels easier to play. There is just something inspiring about seeing the ball go through the net.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back