Dr Jekyll

larjoranj

I CAN'T REMEMBER
Has there ever been a more Jekyll and Hyde team? With as many marquee wins and as many unexplainable losses? Ever?

Reactions: 3 people
Has there ever been a more Jekyll and Hyde team? With as many marquee wins and as many unexplainable losses? Ever?

No doubt about it.

The only thing now is to keep Mr. Hyde from making an appearance.

The LVs really do play down to the competition. This makes the early rounds of tournament play a bit nerve-wracking, but sets them up to make a deep run... as long as they don't show up flat the first game.

Reactions: 1 person
We need more Mr. Hyde action like this. They just came out and beat the crap out of a pretty good team, and never let up on them.

No doubt about it.

The only thing now is to keep Mr. Hyde from making an appearance.

The "Jekyll and Hyde" characteristic of this team is due to insufficient coaching. With good coaching the LV's won-loss record would have been 29-0 or 28-1 instead of 19-10.

Reactions: 2 people
The "Jekyll and Hyde" characteristic of this team is due to insufficient coaching. With good coaching the LV's won-loss record would have been 29-0 or 28-1 instead of 19-10.

LOL I'm not taking the bait.

The LVs won! Forget about Holly.:)

Farrrrrrrrrrrr Holly...send her FaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, FaRRRRRRRRRRR away! Team has beaten ALL 4 teams ranked ABOVE them in SEC Tournament bracket....and LOST to 5 teams ranked BELOW them in the tournament bracket! She can't get them motivated to play the bottom feeders in the confererence...coaching is flawed...not the talent!

I161118_145125_1911013oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000105314459o.jpg

Farrrrrrrrrrrr Holly...send her FaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, FaRRRRRRRRRRR away! Team has beaten ALL 4 teams ranked ABOVE them in SEC Tournament bracket....and LOST to 5 teams ranked BELOW them in the tournament bracket! She can't get them motivated to play the bottom feeders in the confererence...coaching is flawed...not the talent!

Holly may not be a great coach, but at some point, the players have to have the maturity to get them selves motivated for a game. Do you expect your boss to come in every morning and motivate you to perform your job to your utmost ability?

Reactions: 9 people
Holly may not be a great coach, but at some point, the players have to have the maturity to get them selves motivated for a game. Do you expect your boss to come in every morning and motivate you to perform your job to your utmost ability?

This team will go was far as the players will take them.... it is my belief that the players do not respect the coach and just play when they feel like it .... that is what makes them such a wild card coming up in the tournament.... you never know when they will become motivated and decide to put forth the effort..... even the announcers on SEC and ESPN say this..... and i agree

The LVs really do play down to the competition. This makes the early rounds of tournament play a bit nerve-wracking, but sets them up to make a deep run... as long as they don't show up flat the first game.

I don't get that either

but it is time to play some damn good basketball :)

This team will go was far as the players will take them.... it is my belief that the players do not respect the coach and just play when they feel like it .... that is what makes them such a wild card coming up in the tournament.... you never know when they will become motivated and decide to put forth the effort..... even the announcers on SEC and ESPN say this..... and i agree
Their effort has zero to do with not respecting their coach/coaches. I have no idea where some of you guys dream up this stuff.

Reactions: 6 people

Agreed. I supervised a work force for years. I'll take someone with a work ethic and an aptitude any day over about any other credential.

If you don't have a work ethic by the time you're an adult, you'll never have one. That's been my experience.

Agreed. I supervised a work force for years. I'll take someone with a work ethic and an aptitude any day over about any other credential.

If you don't have a work ethic by the time you're an adult, you'll never have one. That's been my experience.

Since I never played on a sports team while in college, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for college athletes to juggle school, practices, and the actual games. The LV's work ethic may be good, but who knows how worn out mentally and/or physically they are when game time rolls around. This, plus the fact a short bench is requiring a number of them to play many minutes each game, may be the cause of their inconsistent play.

Reactions: 5 people
You can almost count on the fact that we'll play a crap game at least every third game, and it's often every other game. We should have gone on a roll after after the SC game; but instead of maintaining our momentum, we threw the car in reverse and played like crap in, what the next three games, or two of the next three. Inexcusable.

when they start having robots play instead of humans, then I may know who/what to blame...other than that...

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They sure do fake it really well if they don't respect Holly.

Since I never played on a sports team while in college, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for college athletes to juggle school, practices, and the actual games. The LV's work ethic may be good, but who knows how worn out mentally and/or physically they are when game time rolls around. This, plus the fact a short bench is requiring a number of them to play many minutes each game, may be the cause of their inconsistent play.

I believe that to be true. Just keeping up a course load takes hours each week then add sports to that workload, it's pretty impressive what they are able to do as people. Unfortunately, many times they are looked upon as objects, not people with feelings and occasional failures.

They sure do fake it really well if they don't respect Holly.

I don't think they would still be Lady Vols if they didn't respect their coach. The new recruits would have signed elsewhere if there were issues of this nature. You can bet that the opposing recruiters would be exploiting a situation like that which would destroy recruiting. It hasn't and I don't believe this lack of respect scenario exists but in the minds of people looking to manufacture reasons for the teams play.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back