Elizabeth Balogun Article

mlindsay

Basketball recruit Elizabeth Balogun starring at Hamilton Heights after arriving from Nigeria

Elizabeth Balogun is a local kid (playing in Tennessee at Hamilton Heights by way of Nigeria). Decided to post this article that was on ESPN W.

She will be looking to make a decision in the fall and is looking for a school to major in business (wants to own a hotel with possibly a mall attached to it). Which imo helps us. She is also looking for a family environment school like she has at Hamilton Heights. She is very good friends with Massengil (who committed to us a couple of months ago) and would be a huge addition.

Her dad will assist her in making a decision.

She is the 15th ranked recruit in the 2018 class according to Hoop Gurlz.

I wonder if her decision will be impacted by whether we land Izabella Nicoletti or not. I think we can land both of them still as Balogun can also play on the wing.

Reactions: 2 people
Basketball recruit Elizabeth Balogun starring at Hamilton Heights after arriving from Nigeria

Elizabeth Balogun is a local kid (playing in Tennessee at Hamilton Heights by way of Nigeria). Decided to post this article that was on ESPN W.

She will be looking to make a decision in the fall and is looking for a school to major in business (wants to own a hotel with possibly a mall attached to it). Which imo helps us. She is also looking for a family environment school like she has at Hamilton Heights. She is very good friends with Massengil (who committed to us a couple of months ago) and would be a huge addition.

Her dad will assist her in making a decision.

She is the 15th ranked recruit in the 2018 class according to Hoop Gurlz.

I wonder if her decision will be impacted by whether we land Izabella Nicoletti or not. I think we can land both of them still as Balogun can also play on the wing.

Balugon is not a point guard. But Jasmine is and she also could play 2 or 3 position! Both girls are six feet and there height will allow them to be more versatile. Nicolleti is more of a point guard and at 5'10" is not so conducive to the 3 or wing position. I think Cooper and Hayes might influence Nicolette more than Balogun or Jasmine ( mainly by their stature or size) To me the combo guard or wing position , you cannot have too many just like the post or 4 position.... you need 3 or 4 just for relief and foul situations.

We have two point guards that are small in stature. That's Cooper and Hayes. Other potential point guards are Jasmine (2018) Westbrook (2017)
I am not considering Alexa and DD and Nard as they will be gone after next year. So starting in 2018...
Point guard (Tea.junior) ( Hayes Soph)
Wing. ( Westbrook Soph) (Davis Soph) (Jasmine Fresh)
Forward (Collins Fresh )
Post (Green Sen) ( Harris Junior) (KK Soph)

Looks like we could use Balogun and Nicolette both and another big if available in 2018!! Right now we have two commits and we are losing FIVE that year if DD and Mercedes comes back for 2017? So if we were ever going to sign five players !!!! 2018 would be a good time...
Don't forget Ododa and DeCosta ! Could we sign six??????

Last edited:
Yes great story! This school is a mile from my house. They only accept about 70 kids a year.

She reminds me Glory Johnson combined with Shekina Strickland..

Would be a really good pickup IMO...

the picture was impressive big hands able to palm a ball in each hand.

Only1COJ I can't imagine the combination of players you mentioned. I do believe that Glory had a higher career three point percentage than Shekina?

the picture was impressive big hands able to palm a ball in each hand.

Only1COJ I can't imagine the combination of players you mentioned. I do believe that Glory had a higher career three point percentage than Shekina?

You may be right but I do not think so. I watched most if not all of their games and I do not remember GJ shooting 3s as such. I would like to know for sure just to know. Not sure how to find out though!

You may be right but I do not think so. I watched most if not all of their games and I do not remember GJ shooting 3s as such. I would like to know for sure just to know. Not sure how to find out though!

Gloria was a rebounding Tasmanian Devil . Strictly an inside player. Balogun can shoot the three and play multiple positions. A better defensive player than anybody we have had in the last several years!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back