Time: 9:00 p.m. ET

streamed on

FloSoftball.com

vs. Texas

Date: Friday, Feb. 25, 2017
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET

streamed on

FloSoftball.com

I did a quick look at the FloSoftball site and it appears to want cash :) and UT's site isn't even showing a link to listen to the games,shame on them

if you see a link for either,that you don't have to pay for ,please post em :)

the Lady Vols are ranked 13th in the ESPN Poll

Oklahoma is ranked 5th

UC Santa Barbara is unranked

Nebraska is unranked

Utah is ranked 17th

Texas has received some votes

gonna be a tuff weekend,gonna be a strong test for this seasons Team for sure

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
gonna be some flip flopping after this series...:)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be interesting to see who Oklahoma will throw...Lowary a lefty who transferred in from Mizzou is their #2....Paige Parker a lefty is their #1...Mariah Lopez is a righty freshman for them...I have no idea who we will throw my gut tells me Moss

Last edited:
We have a young but talented team. I don't know how confident they are at 10-0 but I think they will play well in this tournament . I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop a game or two this early against this level of competition but if they continue to hit like they have been, and get some timely outs, they will be a tough team to beat. GLV

Be interesting to see who Oklahoma will throw...Lowary a lefty who transferred in from Mizzou is their #2....Paige Parker a lefty is their #1...Mariah Lopez is a righty freshman for them...I have no idea who we will throw my gut tells me Moss

I am interested in seeing Tennessee's attitude and state of mind for this game. After last year's 9 to 0 shellacking at the hands of Oklahoma in Knoxville, the returning players could easily be intimidated or play tight.

I am also interested to see how the Freshman play against the defending national champions. Win or lose, if Tennessee plays hard and plays loose I will feel much better about this team. But if they go out on the field and play timid, that'll be a bad omen for the rest of the season against top competition.

I am interested in seeing Tennessee's attitude and state of mind for this game. After last year's 9 to 0 shellacking at the hands of Oklahoma in Knoxville, the returning players could easily be intimidated or play tight.

I am also interested to see how the Freshman play against the defending national champions. Win or lose, if Tennessee plays hard and plays loose I will feel much better about this team. But if they go out on the field and play timid, that'll be a bad omen for the rest of the season against top competition.

Me to Jeff and as we all know good pitching is required to hold down most power 5 schools.

It is critical that Geer, Mcswain, and Lockman (the right-hand hitters) hit successfully against the lefty Parker.

It is critical that Geer, Mcswain, and Lockman (the right-hand hitters) hit successfully against the lefty Parker.

With our heavy left-hand lineup, lefty pitchers are bad matchup for us--see Az. Loss in ncaa last year. Both our left and right-hand sticks will have to come through.

I hadn't had a chance to see these interviews until a few moments ago.

https://youtu.be/RyeGbMTkERg

One thing that stuck out at me was what Ralph said about how dedicated this team is. He said this team is very dedicated and works very hard. That may sound like a coach-speak, but I haven't really heard Ralph say that about any of the recent teams going back the last three or four seasons. I really do hope this team turns out to be something special. I've got my fingers crossed.

I hadn't had a chance to see these interviews until a few moments ago.

https://youtu.be/RyeGbMTkERg

One thing that stuck out at me was what Ralph said about how dedicated this team is. He said this team is very dedicated and works very hard. That may sound like a coach-speak, but I haven't really heard Ralph say that about any of the recent teams going back the last three or four seasons. I really do hope this team turns out to be something special. I've got my fingers crossed.

Are you doing play by play again Jeff?

I'm watching a bit of each current game. Arizona leads Louisville and O'Toole is in the circle. Her change-up is still deadly as ever.

Looks like Patty Gasso is saving Paige Parker for us..... she has Paige Lowery starting in their current game against Louisville.

Is the game televised or on radio?

It's streaming on FloSoftball. I joined about a month ago... Did the monthly membership. Don't regret it a bit! Only wish they'd hurry up and do a feature on UT. It's well-deserved, given the [Lady] Vols' success, especially considering Rocky Top is where SEC softball hit the ground running.

It's streaming on FloSoftball. I joined about a month ago... Did the monthly membership. Don't regret it a bit! Only wish they'd hurry up and do a feature on UT. It's well-deserved, given the [Lady] Vols' success, especially considering Rocky Top is where SEC softball hit the ground running.

I see and thanks for the dialogue!!

Indeed. I see Karen is posted up behind home plate taking notes. A coach's job is never finished!

When did Lowery transfer if you know? Just wondering if that was before or after the problems some of the players had with the head coach or not. Would assume Missouri will not play Oklahoma if the transfer was after and approved by Mizzo.

When did Lowery transfer if you know? Just wondering if that was before or after the problems some of the players had with the head coach or not. Would assume Missouri will not play Oklahoma if the transfer was after and approved by Mizzo.

She transferred last July. Here's an article about her transfer: Mizzou softball ace Paige Lowary transfers to NCAA champ Oklahoma | The Kansas City Star

Relatedly, Tori Finucane, among others, left as well in August. Check this out. From what I gather, it was all after the Earleywine controversy.

Mizzou’s softball exodus continues with Tori Finucane’s transfer to Minnesota | The Kansas City Star

Very very true! I signed up today and have enjoyed watching 3 games all at once!

They got me good on the sign-up, though. The prices were deceiving. I signed up for the $12.99 version, thinking to myself, "Who in the world would pay $7 more if they don't have to?" Checked my bank account and boom! Yearly subscription price was debited out instead. Lol! Checked the FAQs and apparently a lot of other folks do the same thing I did, as it was, indeed, on the list.

VN Store

Back