Need to score at least 80 points per game.

Ladyvol777

Right now Alexa Middleton needs to play the point because she can score. Jordan Reynolds and Meme Jackson are not scoring now. Diamond DeShields needs to play the 2. Jaime Nared play the 3. Schaquilla Nunn the 4 because she can score some and rebound. Mercedes Russell play the 5. This team is Tennessee best chance at score 80 points a game. :gun:

Reactions: 1 person
I worry about Alexa's turnovers and impatience. I would prefer if Jordan was more aggressive on the offensive side.

watching that arky girl run past AM like she was standing still should teach everyone that Middleton can not play pg. She would get eaten alive by halftime.

Right now Alexa Middleton needs to play the point because she can score. Jordan Reynolds and Meme Jackson are not scoring now. Diamond DeShields needs to play the 2. Jaime Nared play the 3. Schaquilla Nunn the 4 because she can score some and rebound. Mercedes Russell play the 5. This team is Tennessee best chance at score 80 points a game. :gun:

who's this Diamond Deshields...you speak of...needs...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

watching that arky girl run past AM like she was standing still should teach everyone that Middleton can not play pg. She would get eaten alive by halftime.

She doesn't have to be the PG, she can setup from the SG position just as effectively in this offense.

I'll tell you one thing though, tonight, except for a blow-by by a very quick 5'5" speedster, A\M played some very good defense. People want to point out the bad, ok, but there was some good in there.

She is guarding the crossover better, using a swipe every now and then to disrupt its path, and she closes out on a dribble pickup very good. If speed is what I have to sacrifice to get scoring, I might lean towards scoring.

Reactions: 3 people

Sounds good and would be the answer but Holly wouldn't bench her beloved Jordan Reynolds because Jordan doesn't turn the ball over

At first glance I thought this was a football thread. We needed to score that many to overcome our defensive...shortcomings.

Reactions: 2 people
Jordan needs to be told sternly that as point guard she
handles the ball more than anyone on the team and has
more opportunity than anyone to find good shot opportunities for herself. A goal should be set for her of
a measly ten points per game. This is less than 3 points
for quarter and should require no desperation shots for
her to obtain. Without reaching this goal she should be wearing her famous University of Tennessee basketball
suit backwards. Time for some Senior pride to shine.

YES YES YES I SAID THE SAME EXACT THING THE OTHER DAY HOW THOSE SHOULD BE THE STARTERS AND HAVE MEME, REYNOLDS AND DUNBAR COMING OFF THE BENCH. DUNBAR NEEDS TO BE PLAYING MORE EVEN ONLY IF SHE JUST SHOTS 3s. LOL. Never know she may get hot at the right time we have nothing to lose the way we've been playing all year. Playing builds confidence!!!

Jordan needs to be told sternly that as point guard she
handles the ball more than anyone on the team and has
more opportunity than anyone to find good shot opportunities for herself. A goal should be set for her of
a measly ten points per game. This is less than 3 points
for quarter and should require no desperation shots for
her to obtain. Without reaching this goal she should be wearing her famous University of Tennessee basketball
suit backwards. Time for some Senior pride to shine.

Same thing I said, it should be no reason why she doesn't average or look to get 10 points a game

Guarding quickness and speed is Middleton's biggest issue and Reynolds is not the best facilitator nor thinker. Reynolds has a very good 10 to 15 foot jumper that she passes up far to often. As has been mentioned a million times we stand around while Russell is being hounded by two to three opposing players rather than place ourselves in position for a kick out. We can score 80 points a game but to come close to that goal, we have to be aggressive, be patient, look for the best shot and think. These are not consistent with the DNA of this team.

Kortney needs to quit passing up open shots. She will not get her shooting eye back by passing the damn ball.

choot it

Don't know if you noticed that the LVs started out the Ark game with Middleton at the point. They did this to help free Jordan up to be more of an offensive threat. At half they made an adjustment to get Middleton back looking to score.

Reynolds has a very good 10 to 15 foot jumper that she passes up far to often.

Reynolds can get free to hit that shot whenever she wants, but she doesn't consistently make it enough to be taken seriously by defenders. All they have to do is keep her away from getting any closer, and box her out so she can't get the rebound off the miss.

She has to become a better shooter, period, in order to help alleviate the scoring woes of the team.

YES YES YES I SAID THE SAME EXACT THING THE OTHER DAY HOW THOSE SHOULD BE THE STARTERS AND HAVE MEME, REYNOLDS AND DUNBAR COMING OFF THE BENCH. DUNBAR NEEDS TO BE PLAYING MORE EVEN ONLY IF SHE JUST SHOTS 3s. LOL. Never know she may get hot at the right time we have nothing to lose the way we've been playing all year. Playing builds confidence!!!

I like this starting lineup. Holly, make it happen.

DD at point and AM at the 2 and I think you've got it.

I was calling for DD at point guard before the season even started. jus sayin

I like her at the Point also because I think she has the highest Bball IQ on the team and will get everyone in place. She will also be allowed to score when it calls for it. She realistically could possibly get a few triple doubles (or close) if she looks to set others up and then dominate when she has to. Middleton has to come of the screens and be ready to score be it a jump shot or a 3. She can't be hesitant.

This team has shown they can play when they want to play, it's all about if they want to.

Don't know if you noticed that the LVs started out the Ark game with Middleton at the point. They did this to help free Jordan up to be more of an offensive threat. At half they made an adjustment to get Middleton back looking to score.

Indeed, with Jordan running point and tying her career high and Alexa and Schaquilla having very limited minutes due to fouls and match-up issues.

Shooting 55% really helps the score line.

The big three is worth about 50 ppg so we usually win when we get 25 to 30 points out of everybody else. In the losses this has not happened and is the major reason we lost. Three players cannot carry a team completely.

I think having diamond and nared being the first scoring option amd not forcing it in to Russell is their best bet to hit 80 points a game. That opens up Russell big time. It worked well against state. I hope they continue that strategy

It would be nice to score 80 every game but not really necessary. We've lost 10 games this year. In 5 of those games we gave up this many points in regulation: 67 - 67 - 59 - 61 - 65. So, we could have won those 5 games scoring 68 - 68 - 60 - 62 - 66. That would have our record at 24-5 and 14-2 in conference. How much differently would people look at this season then?

VN Store

Back