Cheridene Green

Grahamland

I've seen very little game tape on Cheridene, but from the little I have seen I picture her as more of a power forward as opposed to a center.

From the analysis I've seen on here, people seem to believe she'll start as the center.

Is it probable that she would start as the 4 with KK as the 5 and Nared as the 3?

Just curious what y'all think.

I've seen very little game tape on Cheridene, but from the little I have seen I picture her as more of a power forward as opposed to a center.

From the analysis I've seen on here, people seem to believe she'll start as the center.

Is it probable that she would start as the 4 with KK as the 5 and Nared as the 3?

Just curious what y'all think.

Depends if Cheridene is healthy and if MR comes back. If MR does come back, then I think Jaime and Mercedes will start in the post, Cheridene will back up both spots, KK will get a little playing time at the 5, and Harris will get garbage minutes against DIII schools. If MR doesn't come back, then substitute Cheridene for MR and give KK more minutes.

I doubt that KK starts whether MR comes back or not, unless Cheridene is still not recovered from her injury.

Thanks!

I was kind've thinking if MR came back that she would obviously be the 5, Cheridene would be the 4, and Nared would be the 3.

Thanks!

I was kind've thinking if MR came back that she would obviously be the 5, Cheridene would be the 4, and Nared would be the 3.

The guard depth and the fact that Nared did pretty well as a 4 this year will probably push Cheridene to the bench if everyone comes back...especially if Westbrook and Davis are as good as advertised.

Westbrook, Deshields, Davis, Nared and Russell would be a formidable starting five.

Reactions: 2 people
The guard depth and the fact that Nared did pretty well as a 4 this year will probably push Cheridene to the bench if everyone comes back...especially if Westbrook and Davis are as good as advertised.

Westbrook, Deshields, Davis, Nared and Russell would be a formidable starting five.

You don't see Cooper as the starting point?

You don't see Cooper as the starting point?

At the beginning of the season, assuming she's fully recovered, Te'a (or Alexa) will probably start at PG while the freshmen get settled in. I was never impressed by Cooper's PG skills, so I'm hoping that she plays off the ball more. Westbrook/Hayes are probably better playmakers, so I hope Holly doesn't force Te'a/Alexa into the PG role when there may be other options who are better suited at that position.

Reactions: 2 people

do you really think DD will be back ?

I am guessing that Russell may be gone too

and who is the lock in as a PG ? that will be huge too

do you really think DD will be back ?

I am guessing that Russell may be gone too

and who is the lock in as a PG ? that will be huge too

I don't expect DD or MR to come back because there is little incentive for either of them to return for their final year of eligibility.

There should be several good options for PG with Westbrook, Hayes, Cooper and Middleton all available. It sounds like Westbrook is the best combination of playmaking and scoring, so if she really is all that, it would be good to see her at PG.

PG: Westbrook, Hayes
SG: Cooper, Middleton, Hayes, Jackson
SF: Davis, Nared, Dunbar
PF: Nared, Greene, Harris
C: Greene, KK, Harris

Jackson, Dunbar and Harris should invest in some quality butt-padding to prevent wood splinters, because I expect that they will spend most of game day on the bench.

If MR goes, post play will be an issue...inexperienced and unproven. If Holly insists on playing inside-out with a post lineup of Greene, KK and Harris, I will punch her in the throat.

I don't expect em back either,I don't really know what to expect as far as center play or how well a load of freshmen will do either :)

I don't expect em back either,I don't really know what to expect as far as center play or how well a load of freshmen will do either :)

I think the team will look a lot like the team after the last championship. A bunch of extremely talented freshmen that will have those days that the play like freshmen. I'm honestly worried because we all know that Holly can't coach and can't run an offense other than "INSIDE-OUT!!!!" no matter who is on the roster. I can see forced passes inside to Greene/KK/Harris while Nared/Davis are on the wing wondering why they even bother.

I really don't mind them looking to go inside,the decision on the passes is what bothers me

I really don't mind them looking to go inside,the decision on the passes is what bothers me

My opinion is you go inside if you have a dominant post player...of which none of Greene, KK, or Harris fit that criteria.

Their strength next year will likely be an abundance of scoring guards and wings, and I hope Holly is smart enough to recognize that and develop a game plan accordingly. But I think it's a safe bet that she will continue to preach "INSIDE OUT!" whether that strategy pays dividends or not.

A positive thread about the LVs basketball team and season is amazing. A couple of threads ago you all wanted CHW run out of town, and you can include me in that line of thinking. Now you seem to be talking like with a few changes here and there, they will be off to the races and back on top again. I admire all of you for having that hope and sticking with your love of the LVs. But, there is hope, and then there is reality. The same thing keeps happening over and over, nothing will change until you know what. That is reality, and you all know it.

Reactions: 3 people

Exciting for some, but not for me.... we still have the coaching dilemma.... and good coaching in college game is vital

Reactions: 1 person
Holly will be back and we have alot of talented players coming in. One thing I like about them we know how talented they are in skill but they seem to have the instincts that you need to be really good. What has separated UConn from the rest of the teams is that basketball instinct (IQ) if you call it with great basketball skill. I do believe MR will come back because she would get pushed around in the league she is not ready for that. I will always cheer for our Lady Vols even when I disagree with how they are coached.

Just asking.... Could the graduated MR begin a masters program at Oregon State and play for them next season? Or would this qualify as the similar transfer rule of sitting out a season. MR needs a change of scenery as well as a change in coach.

Holly will be back and we have alot of talented players coming in. One thing I like about them we know how talented they are in skill but they seem to have the instincts that you need to be really good. What has separated UConn from the rest of the teams is that basketball instinct (IQ) if you call it with great basketball skill. I do believe MR will come back because she would get pushed around in the league she is not ready for that. I will always cheer for our Lady Vols even when I disagree with how they are coached.

What separates UCONN is how they are taught. The superstars will be superstars but UCONN really develops the players that are a slight notch below the superstars. The difference between those girls as freshman as opposed to when they are Juniors and Seniors is amazing.

If I were Diamond and Mercedes, I would go ahead and leave UT, just to get away from the constant Hatred of the Lady Vols that is exhibited by an agitating Minority of so-called Tennessee fans.

Reactions: 6 people
If I were Diamond and Mercedes, I would go ahead and leave UT, just to get away from the constant Hatred of the Lady Vols that is exhibited by a agitating Minority of so-called Tennessee fans.

You're on the top of the totem pole of the "Trash Diamond Because I Must Protect Holly At All Costs!!!!" Tribe, so you can have a seat now. Sit down!!!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back