Okay, list the positives of Coach Holly Warlick

she is batting right at 75% for wins

3 elite 8s

wasn't there a sweet 16 in there too ?

Named 2013 SEC Coach of the Year, 2013 WBCA Spalding Maggie Dixon Division I Rookie Coach of the Year and 2013 Tennessee Sports Writers Association Coach of the Year.

Holly Warlick's 108-34 record (.761) gives her the seventh-highest victory total ever recorded during the first four years on the job by an NCAA Division I women's basketball coach.

Warlick became the 17th women's basketball coach to win 100 games in her first four seasons at the NCAA Division I level when UT beat Arkansas, 75-57, on Feb. 4, 2016.

She's only the sixth since 1992 to do that.

She joined the legendary Leon Barmore of Louisiana Tech as the only skippers to direct their programs to three NCAA Elite Eight appearances in their first four seasons as head coaches.

Warlick's career (.761) and SEC (.781, 50-14) winning percentages rank her first among all SEC women's head coaches.

Her Lady Vols made it to the NCAA Elite Eight in 2013, 2015 and 2016, and may have extended their runs had it not been for some key injuries the past two seasons.
Tennessee has claimed three SEC trophies in Warlick's first four seasons, winning regular-season crowns in 2013 and 2015 and claiming the tournament title in 2014.

Warlick has continued the Lady Vols' 100-percent graduation rate for players who have completed their collegiate careers at Tennessee.

Since becoming head coach, six of her players have been taken in the WNBA Draft. Three, including a first-rounder, were taken in 2015.

is that a bad thing ?

Reactions: 16 people

3 elite 8s

Named 2013 SEC Coach of the Year, 2013 WBCA Spalding Maggie Dixon Division I Rookie Coach of the Year and 2013 Tennessee Sports Writers Association Coach of the Year.

Holly Warlick's 108-34 record (.761) gives her the seventh-highest victory total ever recorded during the first four years on the job by an NCAA Division I women's basketball coach.

Warlick became the 17th women's basketball coach to win 100 games in her first four seasons at the NCAA Division I level when UT beat Arkansas, 75-57, on Feb. 4, 2016.

She joined the legendary Leon Barmore of Louisiana Tech as the only skippers to direct their programs to three NCAA Elite Eight appearances in their first four seasons as head coaches.

Warlick's career (.761) and SEC (.781, 50-14) winning percentages rank her first among all SEC women's head coaches.

Her Lady Vols made it to the NCAA Elite Eight in 2013, 2015 and 2016, and may have extended their runs had it not been for some key injuries the past two seasons.
Tennessee has claimed three SEC trophies in Warlick's first four seasons, winning regular-season crowns in 2013 and 2015 and claiming the tournament title in 2014.

Warlick has continued the Lady Vols' 100-percent graduation rate for players who have completed their collegiate careers at Tennessee.

Since becoming head coach, six of her players have been taken in the WNBA Draft. Three, including a first-rounder, were taken in 2015.

is that a bad thing ?

She's not 50-14 in the SEC. She's lost 14 SEC games in the last two seasons alone, which is embarrassing.

Reactions: 10 people
Positive...she still has a job. As far as all those accomplishments go...her winning percentage is trending downward...death spiral mode.

Reactions: 3 people

3 elite 8s

is that a bad thing ?

And what would her record be if she could coach. You failed to name all the first that she has accomplished in the negative, and it is only going to get worse. If you like being toward or even at the bottom of the SEC and out of the rankings, then I guess you are a happy person.

Reactions: 4 people
Looks to me like you are only interested in taking pot shots at someone who submits something supportive. It reminds me of a game played in grade school. Seems like it was called "sucker"

Reactions: 3 people

3 elite 8s

is that a bad thing ?

There was a pretty darn good n even more impressive reaume that what you just quoted that got fired ...... he even had a national championship. So past accomplishments can't safeguard you forever .....
Would prefer her to fix this to getting fired though .....
Just sayin...

VN Store

Back