time for another petition?

Darth_Vol

Already 28,000 signatures to have the Lady Vols name restored, how many would sign for a coaching change? Give the new AD (whenever they get around to hiring one) something to think about as far as Holly's approval rating...

Reactions: 1 person
this would work better ---
K0012549953--869290.JPG

Reactions: 9 people
Last time Tennessee fans did a petition like that, it made us all look like dumb asses.

You want to start one? Draw it up, sign it, roll it up, and take a wild guess at the next step. I am sick of Holly too, but follow Mikey's lead, that will say it loud and clear.

Reactions: 7 people
Already 28,000 signatures to have the Lady Vols name restored, how many would sign for a coaching change? Give the new AD (whenever they get around to hiring one) something to think about as far as Holly's approval rating...

the last boycott worked so tremendously well...though coach left, it gave Volnation a really bad look.

You must be emboldened by the Holly fans on this board. I'd bet there's more people wanting Holly gone than not. :eek:k:

I'm not a Holly fan.

But lets not act like a petition will actually do anything. It's not like Cuonzo was handpicked by the GOAT men's coach

Why would a petition to sack Warlick make fans look bad? It is the only way to save this freakin' program! I don't know why a petition was started on Martin, as he was a decent coach--not a great coach, by any stretch, but better than Warlck, that's for sure. That might have been a bad idea. A petition to replace Warlick would be smart--unless fans want to see this program go the way of Old Dominion or La. Tech. And we're headed toward oblivion, fast.

Reactions: 5 people
Have at it with your petition. The powers that be will look at the accomplishments from her tenure and laugh at your petition.

Reactions: 6 people

:bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad:

Why would a petition to sack Warlick make fans look bad? It is the only way to save this freakin' program! I don't know why a petition was started on Martin, as he was a decent coach--not a great coach, by any stretch, but better than Warlck, that's for sure. That might have been a bad idea. A petition to replace Warlick would be smart--unless fans want to see this program go the way of Old Dominion or La. Tech. And we're headed toward oblivion, fast.

The reason the Martin petition made Vol fans look "stupid" is because he was only in his third season and was actually showing improvement every year. Holly is trending the opposite direction, and in the last couple of seasons (currently her FIFTH) has taken the program to unprecedented lows. There really is no comparison....

She's easily the luckiest person alive and should be happy there isn't someone who loves Tennessee watching her every move right now or I firmly believe she gets sent packing. She will get more time though based on the circumstances

Reactions: 2 people
We have admin and booster control problems. HC is a symptom.

by booster control problems? Boosters who are interfering with decisions? We need a new AD ASAP, and his first move must be to find a new women's BB coach. We can't go on with HW any more.

Reactions: 3 people
twenty or so years ago, I had a fallout with upper management. It was clear that I had no upside at the company. I had a bunch of deferred income that I if quit they wouldn't pay. I went to my boss ( the problem was higher up) and said cut me a deal for my deferred income and I'm out of here. It only took 3 days and it was a reasonably clean separation.

Holly's contract is her retirement plan. If she botched UT with all that talent, who elsewhere would possibly hire her at good pay? UT has to cut her a deal to get out early, otherwise Holly's a me. Ai'nt quiting until you cut me a deal. So it's up to the new AD to decide if it's worth cutting her a deal, but that is more cash out the door having to hire a new coach. So my guess is Holly is around until the contract ends.

Bad because once is and event and twice is a trend, when no other ncaa teams that I'm aware have launched official fan based protest. The easy answer is "if they just win, we've got no problems"...but if a coach that we covet is deciding between us, and another traditional power, having perceived irrational fans isn't a closer. Another visible petition won't show well on social media, not just for women's basketball, but for HBC's and assistant coaches for the sport that pays the bills.

Last time Tennessee fans did a petition like that, it made us all look like dumb asses.

You want to start one? Draw it up, sign it, roll it up, and take a wild guess at the next step. I am sick of Holly too, but follow Mikey's lead, that will say it loud and clear.

So turning your back on the players is the answer? Making a joke of UT basketball is the answer? If you're a fan, be a fan. Other than that, stop trying to run the program.

And was followed by....

Again, Martin was in his third year and never should have been fired (or driven out) in the first place. Different situation.

Does anyone really think Cheek and Hart's "retirement" had nothing to do with the fan backlash (including a petition) over the "Lady Vols" debacle?

VN Store

Back