WNBA: Dallas Wings trade Odyssey Simms to LA Sparks

Amb3096

Dallas Wings trade Odyssey Sims to Los Angeles Sparks for No. 4 pick

The LA Sparks trade their #4 pick in this year's draft for Simms plus the #11 pick. This is a great move for LA to compensate for the loss of Kristi Toliver. Chelsea Gray, Odyssey Simms and Riquana Williams will make a very strong guard rotation with excellent 3 pointers. I don't think this year's draft is strong enough where the #4 pick would be an upgrade over Simms.

LA looks to be in great shape to defend their title this summer.

Reactions: 2 people

The LA Sparks trade their #4 pick in this year's draft for Simms plus the #11 pick. This is a great move for LA to compensate for the loss of Kristi Toliver. Chelsea Gray, Odyssey Simms and Riquana Williams will make a very strong guard rotation with excellent 3 pointers. I don't think this year's draft is strong enough where the #4 pick would be an upgrade over Simms.

Kind of hoped to get SHATORI WALKER-KIMBROUGH who is a excellent 3 point shooter especially with Tolliver gone! But the good thing like you mentioned we have a strong proven 3 guard rotation now GO SPARKS!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kind of hoped to get SHATORI WALKER-KIMBROUGH...

SWK is good, but I think Sims is a much better all-around player. Carson is still young enough that they can get a bit more mileage out of her before looking to upgrade in next year's draft.

Reactions: 2 people
SWK is good, but I think Sims is a much better all-around player. Carson is still young enough that they can get a bit more mileage out of her before looking to upgrade in next year's draft.
Didn't know she lead the WINGS in scoring this year. Nice move now! LOL

Reactions: 1 person

I'm thinking Candace has 3 solid years left in her. And Nneke has not reached her peak yet.

I'm thinking this might be Alana Beards last go round so picking up Odyssey Sims is a great move.

Just wow with their guards very impressive. I hope they gel sooner rather than later.

GOSparks!:)

Kind of hoped to get SHATORI WALKER-KIMBROUGH who is a excellent 3 point shooter especially with Tolliver gone! But the good thing like you mentioned we have a strong proven 3 guard rotation now GO SPARKS!!!!!

Sims is a young veteran in the league. I'd take my chances on her rather than Kimbrough, unproven.

The Sparks need another Big though. Candace has to have some back up and a player for the future when Candace retires.

Sims is a young veteran in the league. I'd take my chances on her rather than Kimbrough, unproven.

The Sparks need another Big though. Candace has to have some back up and a player for the future when Candace retires.

Chelsea, Odyssey, Riquana, Nneke and Jantel will be solid nucleus. It will be near impossible to replace Candace's skillet. They just need some new talent as backups.

VN Store

Back