Diamond Status anyone ?

Lady Vol Basketball ✔ @LadyVol_Hoops
.@DDDeshields has been cleared to fly home with the team tonight. She will receive further evaluation from UT team physicians Friday.
10:00 PM - 16 Feb 2017
78 78 Retweets 305 305 likes
“I don’t know what they found when they took her (to the hospital),” UT coach Holly Warlick said, “but she had all the feelings in her legs and hands.”

DeShields was to undergo further examination in Knoxville on Friday. Her status is uncertain for Sunday’s home game against Arkansas.

Suspect she will be good to go by the next game if not the next practice.

Holly recently indicated that the report she received is that she's (Thank God) "all right". She should be able to play against Arkansas.

Reactions: 1 person
The buzz is that she will not play against Arkansas. It is also quite probable that Qui will not either.

She is questionable for the Arkansas game, according to today's edition of the Knoxville News Sentinel.

I hope Diamond plays, but I doubt she will. She could be out more than just one game. They will be very careful with her since she took a blow to the head.

If it must be done Nunn can do it. Or. Nunn can do it if it must be done. Still somewhat
unproven of course but she does look somewhat "beast like" especially when in with Russell. Russell is a magnet for pulling away opposing players and thus freeing up
forwards.

If it must be done Nunn can do it. Or. Nunn can do it if it must be done. Still somewhat
unproven of course but she does look somewhat "beast like" especially when in with Russell. Russell is a magnet for pulling away opposing players and thus freeing up
forwards.

Harris should be fresh.

Harris should be fresh.

I just came here to post about Harris. At this point in the season, what harm would it do for Harris and Dunbar to play significant minutes today. Sure they will probably turn it over a few times and miss shots, but how is that any different from the games we lost with better talent on the floor.

Reactions: 2 people
I just came here to post about Harris. At this point in the season, what harm would it do for Harris and Dunbar to play significant minutes today. Sure they will probably turn it over a few times and miss shots, but how is that any different from the games we lost with better talent on the floor.

Dunbar fans should be out in droves, if the scenario is No DD and no Nunn. It is the most open door KD will have. Usually her first or second shot dictate her duration time on the floor. She should get enough looks today to prove she can contribute

In all honesty,

I would rather see a game where she had 6-10 attempts and had the real opportunity to see if she was our gunner...................Than I would a two-point loss where we blew a 9 point lead, playing chess.

++++++

Re Harris...She will need more oil the the tin-man. If she plays more than a minute, she will drop from exhaustion.

Are Harris and Dunbar any worse than the girls that will be on the Arkansas team, besides Jessica Jackson?

Even if Diamond and Qui are not suited up, a lineup of Reynolds, Middleton, Jackson, Nared and Russell with Dunbar and Harris off the bench should be good enough to beat Arkansas by 15 points at home. They won't have the distraction of being on the road and having concern for a teammate that suffered an in-game head injury. There is no excuse to lose to a team as bad as Arkansas, even with a shortened roster, unless another 3 players get injured during the course of the game.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back