Tennessee owes Tyler a shot 2 head coach imo

This University doesn't owe Tyler Summit a damn thing. His mother is probably rolling over in her grave over the actions of her son.

Reactions: 52 people
In my opinion, he has dug his own grave and fallen in as far as ever coaching another girls basketball team. IF he makes it back into coaching, then I believe it would be as an assistant on a men's team. But.....Unless he gets a "Bobby Petrino" forgiveness, I do not see that happening either.

He earned what he achieved. Sitting in the stands watching a game. I wonder if he's still preaching all that religious talk. Hypocrite !!

Reactions: 5 people
Yes! Pat did put the women's game on the map. Every break he got was because of that. That's how he paid her back.

BTW was there ever a pregnancy or was that just gossip?

Reactions: 1 person
Tyler is still too young and too inexperienced to take on a job like the LVs. Maybe one day down the road as he gains experience and perspective, but just because he is Pat's son doesn't entitle him to the head coaching job.

Even the twits on the BOT aren't that stupid. After the crap storm UT just cleaned up and moved on from, I don't think the decision makers....when they finally get off their asses and make one....would even entertain the thought of him as head coach. Let's not forget Holly was Pat's chosen one to replace her. At this point, I think it's time UT stop the inbreeding and look elsewhere for a coach if/when Holly is relieved of her duties.

Reactions: 6 people
Tyler is still too young and too inexperienced to take on a job like the LVs. Maybe one day down the road as he gains experience and perspective, but just because he is Pat's son doesn't entitle him to the head coaching job.

Tyler's youth is the least of his problems. His future as a basketball coach died when the world learned he slept with one of his players. Had he been president of the United States? He would have gotten away with it, but being a women's coach? You might have had more luck hiring Larry Flynt as a Girl Scout leader.

Reactions: 5 people
sorry Tyler, maybe in ten years some will forget, but I doubt it...good luck and keep trying...:peace2::peace2:

GO LADY VOLS!

Seriously? You think this school would open itself up to all the potential liabilities just because his last name is Summit? Man get a grip. They won't touch him with a ten foot pole for any woman's team. EVER.

I for one would like to go after Vic Shaffer at ST. What he has done with program that on average we used to beat by 30 points a game and was a doormat in this league. What could he do with all the talent this team would have next year. Watch out Geno.

Reactions: 6 people
We are already going through we owe someone the job because of...... Let's not make the same mistake and get a real coach this time around. I would asked Dawn Staley until she is blue in the face to tell and say no.

let those without sin cast the first stone.

Very true, but there are a lot of former players out there in the coaching ranks that are way more deserving of a chance to coach the Lady Vols than him.

VN Store

Back