Lady margo keeping it 1000 like always!!!! Check this out!!!!

I'm also starting to think its not Holly, its this current team its like they have no heart or desire to win the games they are suppose to win. Even with the past couple of teams we've had players like Izzy, Graves, Carter, Massengale, Moore, Burdick who came to fight and hustle each game. Seems to me we need to stop recruiting in Oregon alot hearing that there competition really isn't all that anyway from a friend that played high school basketball there. LOL. Hopefully Westbrook changes that for me.

She told the truth. It's the players - not the coach.

I disagree. The coach always has the control of the program..... if the players are not responding, sit them on the bench and play 5 walk ons.

Can't blame the players if they are skating and Holly is not demanding anything of them not holding their feet to the fire

Reactions: 4 people
I generally agree with Margo on just about everything, but I think it ultimately falls on Holly. This year isn't an anomaly by any means and if we're relying on recruits to save this program, when we are already stacked with top recruits, then we're in for a surprise. The best coaches get the most out of what they have. Do you think after UConn graduated the big three Geno said, "let's just hope we land the #1 recruiting class and THEN we will be dominant again?" NOPE. They have a certain brand-- a style of play that you are to live up to or you won't make it. Our program used to be the same way with CPS. Even in Holly's first years, we were very inconsistent in our play we just beat the Alabama's and Auburn's.

Reactions: 4 people
I loved watching Izzy, Graves, Ariel, Burdick play with hustle and desire but....even with that group many a times they played out of their role sometimes confused and out of sorts. Since I've been watching Holly coach I have yet to see a team come and and play flawless basketball meaning they ALL knew their role on the court. Even if you have a injury the player on the bench shouldn't come out looking timid or lost like it's her first time playing ball. No its next man up. I have never seen such a lost team on the court in all my yrs of watching LV bball. If it's the players, Change em find better practice players put em in the film room, run em up the steps at TBA. Dont just shake your head and say I DON'T KNOW! Find a way.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm also starting to think its not Holly, its this current team its like they have no heart or desire to win the games they are suppose to win. Even with the past couple of teams we've had players like Izzy, Graves, Carter, Massengale, Moore, Burdick who came to fight and hustle each game. Seems to me we need to stop recruiting in Oregon alot hearing that there competition really isn't all that anyway from a friend that played high school basketball there. LOL. Hopefully Westbrook changes that for me.

'its this current team'.....so what was last year's excuse?

Reactions: 2 people
you noticed too?

Like she didn't recruit these players. We've seen little to no growth in the player. We hear every year the players are in the gym by themselves getting better, but what is she doing on the court to help them better their game. Jordan should have been had her shooting form worked on ,as well as Meme and I hope they break down Tea's too. Lex still don't move her feet on defense and Mercedes still bringing the ball down. The list just goes on.

Margo goes out of her way every time to not put any blame on Warlick. Or has she not?

The former Lady Vols seem to not blame Holly as well, so if they don't think there is an issue with her and what she is doing then in essence its like why should we? It will take for one of our former greats (Parker, Catchings, Holdsclaw, Lawson, and etc.) to call out Holly and what she is doing to the program for things to change, until then we will continue stating our frustrations to no avail

The former Lady Vols seem to not blame Holly as well, so if they don't think there is an issue with her and what she is doing then in essence its like why should we? It will take for one of our former greats (Parker, Catchings, Holdsclaw, Lawson, and etc.) to call out Holly and what she is doing to the program for things to change, until then we will continue stating our frustrations to no avail

Yea, shouldn't expect former players to come out and say there is a problem with the coaching. They're not going to go against one of their own publicly and I don't expect them too. But privately I bet it's a whole different story among the former players.

I think Margo is pretty fair. She questions Holly's gameplan (or lack thereof) a lot. I think she's right on this one that in addition to having a 3rd string coach, the players were also half-@ssing it on the boards last night.

There are a few Holly Acolytes here (Hi Franklin Pierce and DeerPark!), but I don't think Margo is one of them.

Like she didn't recruit these players. We've seen little to no growth in the player. We hear every year the players are in the gym by themselves getting better, but what is she doing on the court to help them better their game. Jordan should have been had her shooting form worked on ,as well as Meme and I hope they break down Tea's too. Lex still don't move her feet on defense and Mercedes still bringing the ball down. The list just goes on.

Summer workouts :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

The girls are coming in in shape.
Meme looks fantastic. Alexa has endless energy. DD and Nared don't tire out. Mercedes is moving better than she ever has. (Go back and look at old games and compare her running posture then versus now...she worked on running), Shaquilla is almost running like she did before she got injured.

These girls have all the signs of putting in personal effort over the summer to come into and be in shape. Personally, each girl got physically better,,, they worked out, yes.

But did their games change?
Did their games get better?

They should have.

Reactions: 2 people
Summer workouts :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

The girls are coming in in shape.
Meme looks fantastic. Alexa has endless energy. DD and Nared don't tire out. Mercedes is moving better than she ever has. (Go back and look at old games and compare her running posture then versus now...she worked on running), Shaquilla is almost running like she did before she got injured.

These girls have all the signs of putting in personal effort over the summer to come into and be in shape. Personally, each girl got physically better,,, they worked out, yes.

But did their games change?
Did their games get better?

They should have.

I'm at the point where I'm like what are you offering. Izzy success on the court is her own success, didn't get better til she went home to train. Cierra fixed her own shot. It took Law to talk with Massengale to help her shooting improve.

I'm at the point where I'm like what are you offering. Izzy success on the court is her own success, didn't get better til she went home to train. Cierra fixed her own shot. It took Law to talk with Massengale to help her shooting improve.

email me

well I have a couple of things about Margo's vid

why wear a Ky Blue shirt ?

and please turn the phone sideways

other than that,she is pretty spot on :)

VN Store

Back