Holly and team record another first

Benionsopinion

The Lady Vols had never lost in Coleman Coliseum until tonight. Team is shell shocked,tonight. When you lose one of the big three and one fails to show,it makes for the kind of game we saw tonight. Sure wish we could have some positive firsts.

look, I don't really care about the gym as much as DD going down...without her...at a most critical time...:question::crossfingers:

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a positive first. It'll be when Holly becomes the first LV coach to get fired.

Reactions: 10 people
There are so many threads and fans calling for Holly to be fired, and at this point we are beating a dead horse..We can make excuses of how we lost this or that game because of one thing or another, but the truth is, this team and each team she has been the leader of, has not been what is expected from this program..Her supporters point to the highly ranked class coming in, but trust, they are coming in because it is the Lady Vols not because of our coach..Unlike our unrealistic football fans, we can get almost any coach in the country that we want, less maybe three, Geno & a couple others, and they could still retain the upcoming class..It seems so far in the past now, but I remember the times when we lost only to teams that had a realistic chance of advancing to the Final Four, now we are losing to the likes of Aub, Ala, & Ole Miss..It is not like we don't have talent, we still have more McDonald's All Americans than most of the better teams out there..

So go ahead Holly backers wait on this next class, but know that when they need to make adjustments in a game, need motivation, or even a real game plan based on what they need to take away from their opponent, it will more than likely result in a loss..They will have to have the talent that the Kentucky men have, to win most games, because once they hit the floor they are on their own..For me, it is not about Holly, it is about the program, and we are creating new lows on a regular basis anymore..Holly, the New AD, and even the players should never be above the program, and if what we have seen the last 4 years is good enough for you, u do not love the Lady Vol program & what Pat built..You never sit back and watch who or what u love be destroyed

Reactions: 6 people
Agree with you. The one thing she did say during the halftime interview was that the girls weren't rebounding and especially on the defensive end. Alabama had like 24 or so offensive boards. You can't win many games with this happening. At least she acknowledged it as the problem and hopefully she can light a fire under them and get them going!! I like to think that once this new recruiting class comes in she will have more depth, because when Pat was coach it didn't matter who you were if you weren't performing she would sit you down on the pine to think about it! :blink:

There are so many threads and fans calling for Holly to be fired, and at this point we are beating a dead horse..We can make excuses of how we lost this or that game because of one thing or another, but the truth is, this team and each team she has been the leader of, has not been what is expected from this program..Her supporters point to the highly ranked class coming in, but trust, they are coming in because it is the Lady Vols not because of our coach..Unlike our unrealistic football fans, we can get almost any coach in the country that we want, less maybe three, Geno & a couple others, and they could still retain the upcoming class..It seems so far in the past now, but I remember the times when we lost only to teams that had a realistic chance of advancing to the Final Four, now we are losing to the likes of Aub, Ala, & Ole Miss..It is not like we don't have talent, we still have more McDonald's All Americans than most of the better teams out there..

So go ahead Holly backers wait on this next class, but know that when they need to make adjustments in a game, need motivation, or even a real game plan based on what they need to take away from their opponent, it will more than likely result in a loss..They will have to have the talent that the Kentucky men have, to win most games, because once they hit the floor they are on their own..For me, it is not about Holly, it is about the program, and we are creating new lows on a regular basis anymore..Holly, the New AD, and even the players should never be above the program, and if what we have seen the last 4 years is good enough for you, u do not love the Lady Vol program & what Pat built..You never sit back and watch who or what u love be destroyed

You should have made the beating a dead horse comment and left it there. Until the dramatic posturing and the power plays between administration and certain donors and media stops and they hire an AD, the athletics dept is paralyzed for all practical intents and purposes. Dave Hart's extended notice caused that, right along with Davenport dragging ass just to prove a point with the good ole boys. Meanwhile, the programs languish and today LV Basketball ails the most.

I am just glad so many of Pat's friends published memory books and videos. We can tells the kids and grandkids heady tails of the greatness the Lady Vols once had. And we will need it, because after watching how the team plays now? Most kids would think we are as full of 5h1t as Thanksgiving turkeys.

You should have made the beating a dead horse comment and left it there. Until the dramatic posturing and the power plays between administration and certain donors and media stops and they hire an AD, the athletics dept is paralyzed for all practical intents and purposes. Dave Hart's extended notice caused that, right along with Davenport dragging ass just to prove a point with the good ole boys. Meanwhile, the programs languish and today LV Basketball ails the most.

I am just glad so many of Pat's friends published memory books and videos. We can tells the kids and grandkids heady tails of the greatness the Lady Vols once had. And we will need it, because after watching how the team plays now? Most kids would think we are as full of 5h1t as Thanksgiving turkeys.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that our boosters and davenport aren't exactly seeing eye to eye in a lot of things

Get someone else to do the post game interviews! She doesn't look she knows whats going on. Let someone more polished do it.

Kinda hard to fire someone when there is no AD or Chancellor in place...If she does get fired it will be after the season is over...

Kinda hard to fire someone when there is no AD or Chancellor in place...If she does get fired it will be after the season is over...

Half right. As for timing, I've never been a fan of firing a coach before the season is complete. Unless there's something illicit or illegal, Holly should finish the year.

Half right. As for timing, I've never been a fan of firing a coach before the season is complete. Unless there's something illicit or illegal, Holly should finish the year.

If the situation is bad enough you have to make a move. The worst possible situation is a Fulmer-type firing where the coach is forced to serve out the remainder of the season knowing they are gone. You just have to cut the rope and be done with it. Otherwise UT just has to suffer through all the head-scratching and flannel shirts while they quietly search for an actual coach.

Sad, so very sad, Lady Vols basketball has declined to new lows.......painful indeed:cray:

I believe it was a neck injury. From the video it looked more like a whiplash more than a head injury which is a good thing. no concussion protocol. She went home with the team on the plane. She's tough and will come back.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe it was a neck injury. From the video it looked more like a whiplash more than a head injury which is a good thing. no concussion protocol. She went home with the team on the plane. She's tough and will come back.

Sounded as if they were just being extremely cautious. She was taken to the hospital, so being able to catch the team's flight is a huge positive.

The Lady Vols had never lost in Coleman Coliseum until tonight. Team is shell shocked,tonight. When you lose one of the big three and one fails to show,it makes for the kind of game we saw tonight. Sure wish we could have some positive firsts.

You mean a positive first like Holly being fired for the first time?

Like I posted the other day , there is going to be a lot of 1sts with Holly. She has destroyed lady vols basketball.

VN Store

Back