2022 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Holly and team record another first. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
Benionsopinion
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2013
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Posts: 315
Likes: 388
Holly and team record another first

The Lady Vols had never lost in Coleman Coliseum until tonight. Team is shell shocked,tonight. When you lose one of the big three and one fails to show,it makes for the kind of game we saw tonight. Sure wish we could have some positive firsts.
Benionsopinion is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
RollerVol
Senior Member

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Dec 2009
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,000
Likes: 4,087
look, I don't really care about the gym as much as DD going down...without her...at a most critical time...

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RollerVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
SGMVols
Sophomoric Member
 
SGMVols's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: May 2009
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 17,130
Likes: 3,786
There will be a positive first. It'll be when Holly becomes the first LV coach to get fired.
SGMVols is offline  
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
Catbone
Most ignored poster on VN
 
Catbone's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Mar 2010
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Psych Ward
Posts: 42,216
Likes: 24,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMVols View Post
There will be a positive first. It'll be when Holly becomes the first LV coach to get fired.
I wish
Catbone is online now  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #5
allenfan1
Member

Join Date: Nov 2015
Holly and team record another first
Posts: 87
Likes: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbone View Post
I wish
If she entertains any idea of being a coach, then we are in more trouble that even we realized because she is completely NUTS. If anyone out there thinks she is a coach, then you shouldn't even be a Lady Vol Fan
allenfan1 is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
Eastknox865
Senior Member
 
Eastknox865's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Jul 2010
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 474
Likes: 407
She needs to be fired tonight
Eastknox865 is offline  
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
maxvolfan
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2016
Holly and team record another first
Posts: 356
Likes: 281
This is where loyalty and no AD hurts a program.
maxvolfan is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #8
fall2hb86
Senior Member

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Mar 2010
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Danville Ky
Posts: 449
Likes: 113
There are so many threads and fans calling for Holly to be fired, and at this point we are beating a dead horse..We can make excuses of how we lost this or that game because of one thing or another, but the truth is, this team and each team she has been the leader of, has not been what is expected from this program..Her supporters point to the highly ranked class coming in, but trust, they are coming in because it is the Lady Vols not because of our coach..Unlike our unrealistic football fans, we can get almost any coach in the country that we want, less maybe three, Geno & a couple others, and they could still retain the upcoming class..It seems so far in the past now, but I remember the times when we lost only to teams that had a realistic chance of advancing to the Final Four, now we are losing to the likes of Aub, Ala, & Ole Miss..It is not like we don't have talent, we still have more McDonald's All Americans than most of the better teams out there..

So go ahead Holly backers wait on this next class, but know that when they need to make adjustments in a game, need motivation, or even a real game plan based on what they need to take away from their opponent, it will more than likely result in a loss..They will have to have the talent that the Kentucky men have, to win most games, because once they hit the floor they are on their own..For me, it is not about Holly, it is about the program, and we are creating new lows on a regular basis anymore..Holly, the New AD, and even the players should never be above the program, and if what we have seen the last 4 years is good enough for you, u do not love the Lady Vol program & what Pat built..You never sit back and watch who or what u love be destroyed
fall2hb86 is offline  
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 AM   #9
Tumbleweedvol
Senior Member
 
Tumbleweedvol's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Mar 2009
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Unicoi, TN
Posts: 367
Likes: 107
Lady Vols

Agree with you. The one thing she did say during the halftime interview was that the girls weren't rebounding and especially on the defensive end. Alabama had like 24 or so offensive boards. You can't win many games with this happening. At least she acknowledged it as the problem and hopefully she can light a fire under them and get them going!! I like to think that once this new recruiting class comes in she will have more depth, because when Pat was coach it didn't matter who you were if you weren't performing she would sit you down on the pine to think about it!
Tumbleweedvol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 05:27 AM   #10
TNnative
Distributor of Sarcasm
 
TNnative's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Oct 2012
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Greenback, TN
Posts: 5,674
Likes: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall2hb86 View Post
There are so many threads and fans calling for Holly to be fired, and at this point we are beating a dead horse..We can make excuses of how we lost this or that game because of one thing or another, but the truth is, this team and each team she has been the leader of, has not been what is expected from this program..Her supporters point to the highly ranked class coming in, but trust, they are coming in because it is the Lady Vols not because of our coach..Unlike our unrealistic football fans, we can get almost any coach in the country that we want, less maybe three, Geno & a couple others, and they could still retain the upcoming class..It seems so far in the past now, but I remember the times when we lost only to teams that had a realistic chance of advancing to the Final Four, now we are losing to the likes of Aub, Ala, & Ole Miss..It is not like we don't have talent, we still have more McDonald's All Americans than most of the better teams out there..

So go ahead Holly backers wait on this next class, but know that when they need to make adjustments in a game, need motivation, or even a real game plan based on what they need to take away from their opponent, it will more than likely result in a loss..They will have to have the talent that the Kentucky men have, to win most games, because once they hit the floor they are on their own..For me, it is not about Holly, it is about the program, and we are creating new lows on a regular basis anymore..Holly, the New AD, and even the players should never be above the program, and if what we have seen the last 4 years is good enough for you, u do not love the Lady Vol program & what Pat built..You never sit back and watch who or what u love be destroyed

You should have made the beating a dead horse comment and left it there. Until the dramatic posturing and the power plays between administration and certain donors and media stops and they hire an AD, the athletics dept is paralyzed for all practical intents and purposes. Dave Hart's extended notice caused that, right along with Davenport dragging ass just to prove a point with the good ole boys. Meanwhile, the programs languish and today LV Basketball ails the most.

I am just glad so many of Pat's friends published memory books and videos. We can tells the kids and grandkids heady tails of the greatness the Lady Vols once had. And we will need it, because after watching how the team plays now? Most kids would think we are as full of 5h1t as Thanksgiving turkeys.
TNnative is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #11
Volsfaninva917
Senior Member
 
Volsfaninva917's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Posts: 7,592
Likes: 9,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
You should have made the beating a dead horse comment and left it there. Until the dramatic posturing and the power plays between administration and certain donors and media stops and they hire an AD, the athletics dept is paralyzed for all practical intents and purposes. Dave Hart's extended notice caused that, right along with Davenport dragging ass just to prove a point with the good ole boys. Meanwhile, the programs languish and today LV Basketball ails the most.

I am just glad so many of Pat's friends published memory books and videos. We can tells the kids and grandkids heady tails of the greatness the Lady Vols once had. And we will need it, because after watching how the team plays now? Most kids would think we are as full of 5h1t as Thanksgiving turkeys.
Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that our boosters and davenport aren't exactly seeing eye to eye in a lot of things
Volsfaninva917 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #12
IPleadInsanity
Senior Member
 
IPleadInsanity's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,640
Likes: 1,494
Get someone else to do the post game interviews! She doesn't look she knows whats going on. Let someone more polished do it.
IPleadInsanity is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #13
BigVolFan
Senior Member
 
BigVolFan's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Sep 2006
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Location: memphis
Posts: 609
Likes: 82
Kinda hard to fire someone when there is no AD or Chancellor in place...If she does get fired it will be after the season is over...
BigVolFan is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #14
CAVPUT
Senior Member
 
CAVPUT's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Mar 2010
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVolFan View Post
Kinda hard to fire someone when there is no AD or Chancellor in place...If she does get fired it will be after the season is over...
Half right. As for timing, I've never been a fan of firing a coach before the season is complete. Unless there's something illicit or illegal, Holly should finish the year.
CAVPUT is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Join Date: Dec 2011
Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first Holly and team record another first
Posts: 15,270
Likes: 7,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVolFan View Post
Kinda hard to fire someone when there is no AD or Chancellor in place...If she does get fired it will be after the season is over...
Chancellor Bev is in place.

There is an AD in place too, but I get that you mean when a new AD is in place.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.