It's painful

larjoranj

I CAN'T REMEMBER
to watch girls shoot layups. This is not directed just at UT. It's a college wide epidemic. Is it just a case of me remembering the good ole days better than they really were, or did the ladies used to make layups better than 3rd grade gym class? Can we agree that a scholarship player that misses a layup should run a mile after the game? And if you hit the BOTTOM of the rim or completely MISS the rim you should run 5?

monopoly money...:)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
They're going all right.....straight to the bottom. The only remaining respect this program has is based solely on the tradition that Pat built...that Holly is irreversibly destroying.

Sherman did less damage to Atlanta then what this complete joke has done to a once proud program.

It's pathetic and unconscionable how she has destroyed something that used to be a source of pride, and demeaned it to the embarrassing level it has now reached. It's shameful.

Reactions: 3 people
Write for yourself. To assume what Pat built has been destroyed is utter idiotocracy. You cheapen Pats accomplishments by insinuating that her legacy is tied to whether this team, not coached by her, wins or loses. This mindless drivel is espoused by several others on this site and just shows how vicious and ignorant some so called fans are.

Teams will win and they will lose. You need to handle both well and right now you are failing in that regard. Pat always hated to lose but when she did lose, she lost with class. You and others could use a lesson in how to handle a loss. Stop this pathetic pity party. If Pat were still with us, I'm sure she would disapprove of these pity parties after every loss.

Reactions: 6 people
Write for yourself. To assume what Pat built has been destroyed is utter idiotocracy. You cheapen Pats accomplishments by insinuating that her legacy is tied to whether this team, not coached by her, wins or loses. This mindless drivel is espoused by several others on this site and just shows how vicious and ignorant some so called fans are.

Teams will win and they will lose. You need to handle both well and right now you are failing in that regard. Pat always hated to lose but when she did lose, she lost with class. You and others could use a lesson in how to handle a loss. Stop this pathetic pity party. If Pat were still with us, I'm sure she would disapprove of these pity parties after every loss.
Pat wouldn't put up with these losses. First of all she'd have recruited LAST year and would have plenty of players to play instead of these lazy, unmotivated upperclassmen.

Reactions: 1 person
How many times do we have to hear Holly say "well the other team just wanted it more... it is strictly a matter of effort"....

Then sit your whole team on the bench and put 5 walk ons in the game.... would it send a message.... i would think so....

The players do not have respect for Holly largely because they know they can do anything they want.... Holly is their friend not their coach

Reactions: 4 people
How many times do we have to hear Holly say "well the other team just wanted it more... it is strictly a matter of effort"....

Then sit your whole team on the bench and put 5 walk ons in the game.... would it send a message.... i would think so....

The players do not have respect for Holly largely because they know they can do anything they want.... Holly is their friend not their coach

You keep saying "put five walk ons in."
What walk ons are you talking about? Are you saying she should get five walk ons?
Just honestly trying to understand why you keep saying this. It almost sounds as if you think there are five walk ons currently available. I'm confused. LOL

Reactions: 5 people
What walk ons are you talking about? Are you saying she should get five walk ons?
Just honestly trying to understand why you keep saying this. It almost sounds as if you think there are five walk ons currently available. I'm confused. LOL

Just look around campus I am sure you could find a few girls with some high school experience that would give 100% effort for a whole game. Granted, it would not be as good from a player stand point, but the effort would be there.
The old saying "you can drive a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" seems to fit this bunch of girls. I wonder how Pat, Genio, or for that matter any real coach would go about waking this bunch up.

Just look around campus I am sure you could find a few girls with some high school experience that would give 100% effort for a whole game. Granted, it would not be as good from a player stand point, but the effort would be there.
The old saying "you can drive a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" seems to fit this bunch of girls. I wonder how Pat, Genio, or for that matter any real coach would go about waking this bunch up.

I have a hard time get to that thought, I cant get past the thought of if Pat would have, and we know Genio didn't, even want this group of girls!

The men aren't NEARLY as talented as the women. Barnes is a MUCH better coach than holly. Shame.
as talented or not. They should be able to hit layups. I wasn't just speaking of our men. I was talking about in the men's game period. Believe me I watch a lot of basketball men and women.

to watch girls shoot layups. This is not directed just at UT. It's a college wide epidemic. Is it just a case of me remembering the good ole days better than they really were, or did the ladies used to make layups better than 3rd grade gym class? Can we agree that a scholarship player that misses a layup should run a mile after the game? And if you hit the BOTTOM of the rim or completely MISS the rim you should run 5?

Check your memory. They did them bad back then to.

It has to be taught.
in steps:
Proper lift-off
Execution
Proper landing

When I teach a layup, I do not allow a player to use their off-hand until they can make their layup consistently and perfectly with no off-hand. You don't need the off-hand to do it right. You use the off-hand to fend-"OFF"

It has to be taught

It might help if the 5 step layup were discontinued. Wish the refs would call it.

well officiating in general in basketball,men and women's, needs to be better.I mean after all this is the SEC,they should be able to afford better referees,it isn't like there not making gaudy amounts of money

at times I think there against the Vols,but it is mostly just bad calls for both teams playing

Yes I am acutely aware that there are not 5 walk ons suited up....

but lack of effort or bad attitude failure to listen and implement what the coach says deserves that you SIT ON THE BENCH, not play in the game

Hey she should put an ad in the student paper looking for walk-ons

but lack of effort or bad attitude failure to listen and implement what the coach says deserves that you SIT ON THE BENCH, not play in the game

I see what you were saying now. You think HW should round up some walk ons.

Why do we think this is all on the players? We cannot let these coaches off the hook. If the Lady Vols thought about working out walk ons, they should have done that around the start of the season. There is a learning curve for any program, and it would be difficult to bring in walk ons at this late date and produce positive results. I think bringing in a bunch of walk ons as a replacement threat would be more of a negative than anything else. In addition, you would need to consider what type of basketball shape these walk ons are in. At this point, we need to ride this storm out and try to salvage the rest of the season.

VN Store

Back