Holly Addresses Criticism and Upcoming Alabama Matchup in Press Conference

She isn't the answer, they haven't been a consistent team since she has been coaching here. We play good then we play weak and passive. Rinse and repeat. No good chemistry or identity, it gets old. GBO!

Reactions: 4 people
Yes i could probably say the same things.....

She continues to say things i do not believe are true.... for instance always saying that she is tough on her players.... i have never seen the results of a demanding coach... I think the tail wags the dog on this team...

and what is this statement.... "We are a great basketball team... we just have to be consistent".... even when they are consistent.... i would not call our team a "great basketball team" I am Holly is happy with them though.

great talent does not equal great team, Coach Warlick

hire a damn new assistant that knows basketball the way it's played today, not the 1980's brand.

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone even called to see if Geno is interested in coming to Knoxville? Throw the money at him, and make him say no. That's what Alabama football would do, and Tennessee was the Alabama of girls basketball! Heck, he may be getting bored in Storrs! Don't know until you ask!

Reactions: 3 people
I have posted before that T. Catchings would be the best fit for lady Vols. She knows basketball certainly better than Holly. She loves tenn. She would respect our tradition. She would be able to keep our recruits. What high school player would not jump at the chance to play for this future hall of famer

Reactions: 3 people
The positive: Holly held herself accountable.

The negative: It appears she's just now attempting to identify and address chronic issues.

If this team is tired why not cut out practice. Doesn't seem to help. Reckon the coach stands around with her arms folded scratching her head and whistling at the players.

Reactions: 2 people
https://youtu.be/ox2iyQhslJI

Curious what y'all think about the press conference. I was interested to hear what happened after last year's Alabama loss. Take a watch and comment what you think.

I took a look expecting to hear nothing new. I was correct.

Holly kept her hands off the top of her head and face.
She still stammers while speaking.
Same ole same ole with the opposing team playing hard.
She talked about Alabama as if they're a top 10 team - Telling the media that Tennessee needs to bring their A game.

I did not learn anything in depth, like always. She says practically the same thing in all of her interviews.

That's a wrap. :sick:

why ya'll expect CHW to do a good interview just befuddles me :)

she will never be good or decent at it at all,we know that,but you can see the Orange and White pouring out of her,as least I do

but I do watch them for what she has to say,yea yea I know not much.but oh well :)

Reactions: 1 person
I have posted before that T. Catchings would be the best fit for lady Vols. She knows basketball certainly better than Holly. She loves tenn. She would respect our tradition. She would be able to keep our recruits. What high school player would not jump at the chance to play for this future hall of famer

See, this is like the Peyton for offensive coordinator thing. Tamika has never coached and probably doesn't want to, so please quit with this silliness

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back