ESPN Ratings

ocoandasoc

Last night's UConn - SC game was the highest rated basketball game on ESPN2 this season.

NOT just the highest rated WOMEN's basketball game... but the highest rated basketball game overall. It also set a record for the most internet streams.

Interestingly, here are the top four markets, ratings wise:

Hartford/New Haven CT -- 14.3
Greenville SC -- 2.3
Knoxville, TN -- 2.0
Charlotte, NC -- 1.7

Nationally the rating was 0.9, making it the highest rated regular season women's basketball game in seven years.

Reactions: 2 people
Imagine if UConn had a legit rival--a team that could beat it. The ratings would be much higher.

That's good news. It shows that UConn's dominance is good for business. That's a plus.

Hopefully people who don't normally watch WCBB will watch again.

The dynasty may help grow the game.

A lot of Knoxvillians tuned in. I guess there is still some interest there for elite level WCBB play.

Reactions: 1 person
The women's game needs rivalry to strike up interest. Tenn-Ucant; ND-ucant. It is not a rivalry until both teams win in the series. Contrary to popular opinion, I believe this ucant team can be beat. It takes a disciplined team. But they could also come up on a very hot team(see louisville against britney griner and baylor).

Hartford/New Haven CT -- 14.3
Greenville SC -- 2.3
Knoxville, TN -- 2.0
Charlotte, NC -- 1.7

The 2.0's worth of people in Knoxville have some 'splaining to do. I guess I could accept "we wanted to watch South Carolina beat them" is a good reason but that's still splitting the hair might thin ... :p

Reactions: 1 person
Texas or Baylor is the only teams i see veating them and they would have to play a perfect game and a off night for Uconn. They are the best adjustment team for a reason. Some teams almost seem mechanical because they play seamlessly, the Patriots or Golden state comes to mind. Money Mayweather. They come in looking to win everytime they come out to play.

The 2.0's worth of people in Knoxville have some 'splaining to do. I guess I could accept "we wanted to watch South Carolina beat them" is a good reason but that's still splitting the hair might thin ... :p

Knoxvillians watching all this UConn hype be like

75655625.jpg

VN Store

Back