Nice Diamond Deshields article

Based on that article I would say she is coming back for another year.

I would too. I've always thought she would stay all her years of eligibility. As soon as I heard Cooper was going to be out the whole season I knew 100% she was coming back. Her and Mercedes both are going to return.

I would too. I've always thought she would stay all her years of eligibility. As soon as I heard Cooper was going to be out the whole season I knew 100% she was coming back. Her and Mercedes both are going to return.

She's projected to be the top pick in the WNBA. I don't think that will be the case next year.

If she continues to play reasonably well for the rest of the season, I can see her leaving.

She's projected to be the top pick in the WNBA. I don't think that will be the case next year.

If she continues to play reasonably well for the rest of the season, I can see her leaving.

Diamond needs a better reason to come back, than the reason she will have to opt to leave for the WNBA.

Right now, what would you do if you was her?
She will have to feel there is a legitimate shot at a Natty.

To keep the confidence of such an athlete, you have to be the level of coach, that she is as a player. Or at least have one she can't impress on your staff.

Diamond doesn't impress me....Give me Meme over the summer and I will show you why.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Diamond needs a better reason to come back, than the reason she will have to opt to leave for the WNBA.

To keep the confidence of such an athlete, you have to be the level of coach, that she is as a player. Or at least have one she can't impress on your staff.

Diamond doesn't impress me.
Give me Meme over the summer and I will show you why.

LOL @ diamond doesn't impress you, who in the country impresses you more?

Reactions: 4 people

Diamond doesn't impress me....Give me Meme over the summer and I will show you why.

If I were Diamond, I'd opt for the WNBA because I don't believe that Holly makes me a better player...No question.

They aren't winning the NC next year, so what's the point? Might as well move on with my life instead of continued frustration playing for Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

LMAOOOO @ Diamond doesn't impress me. That's hilarious.

Reactions: 3 people
Based on that article I would say she is coming back for another year.

It is a typical media puff piece and I would not try to read any one intentions from it.

If Diamond plays well through the tournament, she will be a lock to be a first round pick in the WNBA. And that opens the door to new challenges, endorsement options, and bigger $ in Europe plus the sense of just moving on with your life.

I hope she stays but I think the odds are more in favor of her opting to go pro.

Reactions: 2 people
It is a typical media puff piece and I would not try to read any one intentions from it.

If Diamond plays well through the tournament, she will be a lock to be a first round pick in the WNBA. And that opens the door to new challenges, endorsement options, and bigger $ in Europe plus the sense of just moving on with your life.

I hope she stays but I think the odds are more in favor of her opting to go pro.
Wonder if she will participate in Sr. night if she's leaving?

Wonder if she will participate in Sr. night if she's leaving?

My guess is no. I would imagine (and it is just that) that she won't make up her mind one way or another until after the season.

I would guess the same holds true for Mercedes.

My guess is no. I would imagine (and it is just that) that she won't make up her mind one way or another until after the season.

I would guess the same holds true for Mercedes.

If there is a chance for a National title, I think, she would strongly consider getting that first. I am pretty sure she wants that on her resume.

DD is impressive. I don't mean to dis her...But as a coach, I see improvements I could make in her game, so, to me she is unfinished.

She dribbles off of her foot.
She makes frustration turnovers.

But I also see the progress made too.

She no longer wears her emotions on her sleeve.
She gives 100% every outing.
Her turnover to assist ratio last year was 60:40 ((115:81)), this year it is closer to 50:50 ((90:83)). . . . (nobody sees this one).
She is turning the ball over 10% less this year.

Bottom line is when I see a player I can't "better",
they will get my respect.

What an insult.."Diamond doesn't impresse me".. Without her, vol won't win a jack.

I'm not mocking or insulting at all...I think DD can understand my words...In her world, on the court, she has very few peers. . . In my world (where she would be a student, she has many peers). . . Not necessarily at her skill level right now, but in the commitment, passion, coach-ability, physicality and drive of players I have worked with, she would have a hard time separating herself from many of them.

you lost me @ "give me Meme and I'll show you why"

drinking and posting ain't cool, Coach J

lol

Reactions: 4 people
you lost me @ "give me Meme and I'll show you why"

drinking and posting ain't cool, Coach J

lol

Not a drinker, G

Simply, give me an athlete of Meme's level over the off-season and I create my own gem.

only things she does is dip her shoulder and that god awful looking jump shot.

no bb IQ

oh, I forgot. She throws up some terrible layups too.

Much of what Meme has learned is self-taught.
She worked alone, tirelessly in the gyms while she learned, growing up.

But a more pure athlete, I haven't seen in a while.

She guards like a free-safety in football, and on the ball she is "handsy" without getting called for a foul, so she is BB-smart.

With proper teaching, Meme could be a Diamond-type of player.

Reactions: 1 person
Much of what Meme has learned is self-taught.
She worked alone, tirelessly in the gyms while she learned, growing up.

But a more pure athlete, I haven't seen in a while.

She guards like a free-safety in football, and on the ball she is "handsy" without getting called for a foul, so she is BB-smart.

With proper teaching, Meme could be a Diamond-type of player.

I've been saying this all year meme has the ability to be one of the best guards in the country. She has speed, athleticism,nice handles & has a pull up/3 ball shot, I think holly has put in her head that she is just a defender and spot up shooter kinda like andraya carter was.

Yes if im Holly im letting Diamond work with Meme on how to dribble drive. She has that ability like Diamond to penetrate and create. Too many time as stated above she feels she is only a perimeter shooter. We need more players other than Diamond to have confidence enough to create shots especially when we get late in the shot-clock.

VN Store

Back