Holly Has Emasculated This Whole Team

hokievol12

...plain and simple...they have no balls! They play soft like the marsh mellow sitting in the head coaches chair! If this coach had the ability to motivate and coach her players up, this team had the talent to compete seriously for an SEC championship this season! Holly coaches like a deer in the headlights...and her players play like deer in the headlights...it rubs off! I would eliminate the head coaching position and save some money to hire a competent one...because coaching isn't improving these players...it debilitating them..and making them worse!

Reactions: 7 people
If only Wes Moore had been hired instead of the Holly promotion. He was outstanding at UTC and currently has NC State at 15-5. They were 20-11 last season. He is a winner and would've thrived in Knoxville.

Reactions: 6 people
...plain and simple...they have no balls! They play soft like the marsh mellow sitting in the head coaches chair! If this coach had the ability to motivate and coach her players up, this team had the talent to compete seriously for an SEC championship this season! Holly coaches like a deer in the headlights...and her players play like deer in the headlights...it rubs off! I would eliminate the head coaching position and save some money to hire a competent one...because coaching isn't improving these players...it debilitating them..and making them worse!

That's a good thing. They'd have to forfeit all of their wins otherwise.

Reactions: 2 people
If only Wes Moore had been hired instead of the Holly promotion. He was outstanding at UTC and currently has NC State at 15-5. They were 20-11 last season. He is a winner and would've thrived in Knoxville.

Holly was hired on the basis of loyalty alone. The most shameful aspect of this debacle is her apparent willingness to allow her beloved mentor's legacy to disintegrate to ruins.

Reactions: 5 people
Folks it is sad but it probably isn't going to get any better. Yes with the stars coming we could be better, however, there will be tons of excuses why the team may not do as well as expected, they are young,they have to learn the system, I can't coach effort, we don't have a leader on the floor etc. Until Administration comes to grip with the fact that Holly is nice but not the coach this program needs and deserve, we have Holly. Appears that she will never be able to motivate or demand accountability or effort. It is more than likely that next year will be another, "Wait until next year when we have this five star and that five star".

Reactions: 1 person
Holly was hired on the basis of loyalty alone. The most shameful aspect of this debacle is her apparent willingness to allow her beloved mentor's legacy to disintegrate to ruins.

I agree. Maybe the two-thirds of a million dollars she's making every year has something to do with it.

Folks it is sad but it probably isn't going to get any better. Yes with the stars coming we could be better, however, there will be tons of excuses why the team may not do as well as expected, they are young,they have to learn the system, I can't coach effort, we don't have a leader on the floor etc. Until Administration comes to grip with the fact that Holly is nice but not the coach this program needs and deserve, we have Holly. Appears that she will never be able to motivate or demand accountability or effort. It is more than likely that next year will be another, "Wait until next year when we have this five star and that five star".

Sounds like you would like to see the administration grow some balls! I agree...but they must have been emasculated also!:dunno:

Or maybe he does...

Definition of emasculate
emasculated; emasculating
transitive verb
1. to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken
2. to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate
3. to remove the androecium of (a flower) in the process of artificial cross-pollination

Thanks for the definition. That is exactly what Holly has done to her teams.

One case in point. Kortney Dunbar gets into the game. Fouls and quickly is sent back to the bench never to play again. Kamera Harris hasn't seen the court in I don't know how long. Shaq Nunn plays less than 5 minutes.

These issues created by Holly. She's the one who recruited those players but she does not know how to develop them nor put them into game situations.

In fact without Kamera and Shaq as Lady Vols, Holly would had looked even worse. They did her a favor by becoming Lady Vols and this is how she treats them.

I feel awful for all three players but especially Kortney. With a better coach she could be instrumental to the team. Holly did the same thing to Nia Moore.

Emasculate, indeed. :angry:

Reactions: 3 people
Someone needs to teach Dunbar to not settle for the 3 everytime she gets playing time. She feels like her only role is to hover around the perimeter and launch 3s. Teach her to start out shooting midrange jumpers until she finds her rhythm. That's coaching! What did Dunn do to only get 5 mins?

Reactions: 2 people

Losing a nine point lead in the 4th quarter (and repeating this patter from prior games) is a huge negative on the coaching staff. No argument; no question.

But, Holly was very adamant in this game; bench Jordan after a bad series of TO (with a lot yelling as JR went to the bench); Benching Mercedes for Nunn after a blow defensive coverage--unfortunately only to have Nunn dominated by the opposing post--taking Nared and Middleton out after poor selections--again with the replacements, Dunbar and Meme not performing very well.

I don't think it is a holding players accountable at all so much as not having them confident (and capable) in their offensive sets. When games get tight, they tend to panic unless Diamond (and sometimes Nared) are able to take over the game. Tonight neither were really on and A&M was able to put the clamps on Russell with a double team-- and the panic set in.

You really can't hold players accountable when there is no offensive scheme to be held accountable to....

Reactions: 4 people
I love how Middleton in the presser said fatigue in 4th quarter led to being dominated on offensive boards.... they were short on bench, but so was A & M.... A & M in better shape apparently... one more thing for Holly to work on.

Its likely that no coach will live up to the Summit legacy. As a general rule, yoi dont what to be the coach that follows a legend.

Nunn only played 1 minute in last game. Russell only
had 2 fouls. Nunn looks great when played in combination
with Russell. Both Russell and Nunn have problems with
double and triple team guarding but together on the
floor they are more effective in both ends of the court.

Its likely that no coach will live up to the Summit legacy. As a general rule, yoi dont what to be the coach that follows a legend.

Wow now that is a revelation.

I would add that Holly has had 5 years to adjust and how has that turned out ? You could go in and do a better job of coaching .....I know I could.

Wow now that is a revelation.

I would add that Holly has had 5 years to adjust and how has that turned out ? You could go in and do a better job of coaching .....I know I could.

That's a meme being sent out to the masses. Holly's following a coaching legend so give her a break. 5 years and counting. NO!

She can't coach! Give us a coach that can and the results will be much better.

She can't even express herself when questioned about the game. And we're supposed to overlook that? She's incoherent. It's no wonder that the LVs look discombobulated on the court. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back