stop overreacting!!!

Darth_Vol

It's just another loss, no big deal. It's not like this team was going to win the SEC anyway. Texas A&M is a really good team... they're almost ranked! And the Lady Vols played hard, Holly has really turned around their effort since the PSU loss.

Some people just need to adjust their expectations....

Reactions: 7 people
I already HAVE adjusted. I understand that other teams have gotten better, talent is more spread among different school, HCHW is getting better at being a head coach, and so on.

But to give up a 14-point lead, and not score a basket while doing so? You want to explain how we, not to mention the team, SHOULD react to that?

Reactions: 1 person
Well, the LVs were playing for the chance at a double bye and hosting. So the stakes were high. The past two losses have been incredibly costly... and equally inexplicable.

Reactions: 2 people
We can only hope that throwing more talent on the court next yr will win ud more games. Holly's not going anywhere. UT loyalty hurts the program.

This team has found ways (and against teams) to lose that, before last year, I thought would be impossible. The only way they could lose today's game was to score less than 7 point in the 4th quarter. So we score 5 !!
Unbelievable.
There goes the double bye in the SEC tournament. It also means that we will be on the road very early in the NCAAT.

I already HAVE adjusted. I understand that other teams have gotten better, talent is more spread among different school, HCHW is getting better at being a head coach, and so on.

But to give up a 14-point lead, and not score a basket while doing so? You want to explain how we, not to mention the team, SHOULD react to that?

Where do you see improvement with her standing on the sideline. I can't even use the word coaching because she is NOT A COACH. She can't help being in over her head, but what she could do is use common sense and walk away

Reactions: 6 people

CHW is getting worse not better.

Reactions: 5 people
There was an article in the Nashville Tennessean today on Holly and the UT basketball program. On following a legend such as Pat Summitt. "If I got in a room and it's all quiet and I thought about it, I'd think 'What the hell are you doing? Are you really doing this?' " :angel:

I used to get really upset at a loss, but now I am just disappointed.

I honestly do not think the number 1 recruiting class will make that much of a difference.

I didn't realize this one lost them the double bye... dang. Darth has been incredibly consistent in his posts. He has been trying to tell people to just understand that this is the new normal and embrace it. Albeit he generally does it in a very sarcastic manner. This was one I think many thought was an automatic win. TAMU was ranked at one point this season so its not like they lost to Vandy or something. Losing that double bye though has got to hurt. I would have thought they would have really tried to put TAMU away early knowing that was on the line. They let them hang around and it cost them.

I didn't realize this one lost them the double bye... dang. Darth has been incredibly consistent in his posts. He has been trying to tell people to just understand that this is the new normal and embrace it. Albeit he generally does it in a very sarcastic manner. This was one I think many thought was an automatic win. TAMU was ranked at one point this season so its not like they lost to Vandy or something. Losing that double bye though has got to hurt. I would have thought they would have really tried to put TAMU away early knowing that was on the line. They let them hang around and it cost them.

This loss didn't cost them the double bye. As long as they don't lose to Ark, FL or Bama, then they will finish no lower than 4th unless UK upsets one of the top 2 teams.

It's just another loss, no big deal. It's not like this team was going to win the SEC anyway. Texas A&M is a really good team... they're almost ranked! And the Lady Vols played hard, Holly has really turned around their effort since the PSU loss.

Some people just need to adjust their expectations....

Do not think we or the coaches can be causal and consider this loss as no biggie or it is just another game. We were playing for a double bye, or the potential thereof. We have the better team with the most highly rated players. Both teams had short benches.

The effort you are talking about depends upon which team shows up. As a coach Holly should be concern about the lack of aggression in the fourth quarter and the fact that the team went South in the 4th quarter. This is not the first time the team has played in this manner. If you do not expect the best from your team, then you are in the wrong business.

I mean, ranting and raving here doesn't change anything so just be positive and just embrace the suck....

images

Reactions: 3 people
Darth Vol - go eff yourself.

This is a joke what we have going on now. I've posted before that it's a 50/50 thing when they play half joking hoping to be proved wrong. But the results speak for themselves.

Hmm, Darth your post has a familiar ring to it.

You may have missed that I was actually lukewarm on the Missouri win. After that game/win, I noted that the LVs shot an uncharacteristically high 52% from the field which papered over some other deficiencies. Against A&M, they shot a little below their season average and lost a really close one at home.

Again, if they had connected on a couple of the missed lay-ups and wide open threes, we are having a different conversation but that does not change that this team has some fundamental problems.

This loss IS worse than the one at GA. (where I made the overreaction post). It was a home game; Texas A&M was not really pressing the LVs and disrupting their offense; the LVs more or less imploded on their own with stagnation and poor ball movement down the stretch; and Texas A&M outworked them on the boards all night but particularly in the clutch time of the 4th quarter.

Not sure what happened to Diamond. She worked hard on the defensive end but she lost her aggressiveness on the offensive end after she came back into the game. The formula the team has seemed to rely on of late, is let Diamond take over when the game gets tight. It is a not bad plan but the LVs need a better plan B when DD is not lighting it up.

Last edited:
we have not lost the Double bye yet, If we can go 10-6 and kentucky and Missouri do the same then we will be in the top 4

The LVs are a game behind UK. If the LVs win the next three games, UK would need to beat either SCAR or MSU to get the double bye; otherwise, UT holds the tiebreaker.

What the aTm and UGA losses cost the LVs, though, is the possibility of a 4 seed in the NCAAT and the chance to host the opening game at TBA. That is now highly unlikely.

The LVs are a game behind UK. If the LVs win the next three games, UK would need to beat either SCAR or MSU to get the double bye; otherwise, UT holds the tiebreaker.

What the aTm and UGA losses cost the LVs, though, is the possibility of a 4 seed in the NCAAT and the chance to host the opening game at TBA. That is now highly unlikely.

Depending on the rest of the regular season and the SEC tournament, the LV's could end up in a 8/9 game in the NCAA's possibly in UCONN's bracket.

Could get ugly depending on which team shows up.

Depending on the rest of the regular season and the SEC tournament, the LV's could end up in a 8/9 game in the NCAA's possibly in UCONN's bracket.

Could get ugly depending on which team shows up.

The thing is that on paper, Tennessee has some good matchups they can exploit against UConn. Chong isn't that quick, so Alexa can stay with her defensively. Jordan has the size to slow down Nurse, as does Diamond with KLS. Russell should own Collier inside. Nared with her shooting range and athleticism would be a tougher defensive assignment for Williams compared to most other 4s.

Even with the personnel matchups, the fact that it's Geno vs Holly devising strategies is worth at least 15 points in UConn's favor...

We can only hope that throwing more talent on the court next yr will win ud more games. Holly's not going anywhere. UT loyalty hurts the program.

The only problem with throwing more stars at a one star coach is, you get one star results. Holly can be a good coach if she realizes she is bad and make a great effort to be better. The big problem is, how does one learn to motivate, demand effort and hold players accountable if it is not already part of their DNA?

The thing is that on paper, Tennessee has some good matchups they can exploit against UConn. Chong isn't that quick, so Alexa can stay with her defensively. Jordan has the size to slow down Nurse, as does Diamond with KLS. Russell should own Collier inside. Nared with her shooting range and athleticism would be a tougher defensive assignment for Williams compared to most other 4s.

Even with the personnel matchups, the fact that it's Geno vs Holly devising strategies is worth at least 15 points in UConn's favor...

not sure if serious. UConn would beat this team by 40+

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back