Another first for a Holly coached team

Benionsopinion

Gary Blair has coached for 33 years and today got his first win ever over the Lady Vols in Knoxville. These Ladies are a tired team and it shows big time. No intensity,lots of lethargy,from the team. This loss ,though a new first,should not lay on Holly. A tired team missing easy makable shots all game long,along with poor rebounding efforts doomed the Lady Vols.There were so many times that our Ladies could have taken complete control but didn't. The only fault I give coaching is slowing the game down too early. Again though that would have worked had so many easy shots not been missed. It's almost like being in any top four(SEC or FF) is anathema to this team.

Reactions: 1 person
Gary Blair has coached for 33 years and today got his first win ever over the Lady Vols in Knoxville. These Ladies are a tired team and it shows big time. No intensity,lots of lethargy,from the team. This loss ,though a new first,should not lay on Holly. A tired team missing easy makable shots all game long,along with poor rebounding efforts doomed the Lady Vols.There were so many times that our Ladies could have taken complete control but didn't. The only fault I give coaching is slowing the game down too early. Again though that would have worked had so many easy shots not been missed. It's almost like being in any top four(SEC or FF) is anathema to this team.

Holly's fault we have no bench none of the players on the bench are competent enough to play five minutes a game. We go with six players and two of them are SEC weak.

Reactions: 5 people
TAMU has an even shorter bench. They have a 5'11 PF and no backup post players.

This wasn't a matter of being tired. It's a matter of playing lazy.

Reactions: 8 people
Was there even a play drawn up with 48 sec left of did Holly just say Diamond go out there a jack up a 3?

Can anyone listen to a holly interview and honestly have faith that she's a strong coach? Its too obvious she's in over her head. She sounds confused and scared to death in every sound bite.

A "tired team?" What are you implying? Too much practice? Not enough bench help?

A "tired team?" What are you implying? Too much practice? Not enough bench help?

No implication. Any witness can see the listliness and failure to attend to details which show that a team,an employee,a friend,or an individual has lost some effectiveness because of what we fans call"hitting the wall". Not hard to see,in this case. Maybe,though they're all young,they could use a day off. Perhaps Coach Jumper could give us insight about how to rejuvenate a tired team. By the way,being tired can be mental as well as physical.

No implication. Any witness can see the listliness and failure to attend to details which show that a team,an employee,a friend,or an individual has lost some effectiveness because of what we fans call"hitting the wall". Not hard to see,in this case. Maybe,though they're all young,they could use a day off. Perhaps Coach Jumper could give us insight about how to rejuvenate a tired team. By the way,being tired can be mental as well as physical.
you guys are being waay too nice! It's a coaches responsibility to discipline a player who doesn't do what they are told to do. If a player misses 2 point blank layups, I sit their behinds on the bench. 5 star, 4 star, or walk on player, it doesn't matter. Some on this team are beyond being held accountable and they know it. That's why they continue to make the same mistakes, over and over. Holly has always been the players best buddy and that's alright coach and she doesn't know anything else. We need a displinarian!(sp)

Reactions: 2 people
Why would anyone ever give this team a pass for being tired? The Aggies are less talented and have a short bench. Wouldn't you think they are a little tired since the Aggies have players that play extended minutes in all their games? The problem is we simple can not consistently place the same team on the floor. Shooting quickly, turnovers, motivation, aggression and effort comes from the coach demanding such. Yes blame some of this on the players but never give Holly a pass. As I said before, the BUCK starts and stops at Holly's desk.

Last edited:
Stay or she goes; the damage has already been done. This program is in shambles and the Pat Summit era is a long ago distant fading memory. The fact that the AD has not made a move even by now shows me he is as pathetic at his job as Holly is at her job.

The AD doesn't care because he's retiring

Holly has been consistently bad for more than a year. She has NEVER over achieved with any team she has coached at UT. Yeah the AD is retiring now but the move to put Holly there in the first place was the wrong move and this AD did nothing to fix it.

UT has a lame duck AD who won't be making any personnel decisions. The new AD-- whenever UTAD gets around to hiring one-- will put the LVs way down the triage chart.

Stay or she goes; the damage has already been done. This program is in shambles and the Pat Summit era is a long ago distant fading memory. The fact that the AD has not made a move even by now shows me he is as pathetic at his job as Holly is at her job.

A program in "shambles" doesn't sign the #1 recruiting class.

Reactions: 4 people
I still think That Catchings would be a great coach for UT she is a great player who knows the game. She is energetic. She loves UT. What high school player would not want to play for her.

A program in "shambles" doesn't sign the #1 recruiting class.

Recruiting class rankings are hardly any guarantee of performance on the court. Especially with a coach who can't coach or motivate. If Pat Summit were coaching, then a great class would be exciting. With Holly it's just a matter of time until the transfers and lost expectations become reality again.

Guess they should just shut the program down and let them rest until next November....maybe by then the coaches can get them in shape to run up and down the court like UCONN does with their 7 person rotation.Oh I forgot we will have the same coaches so it is problematic about getting them in proper physical condition to play 40 minutes.

VN Store

Back